Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Feb 2020, 07:38 (Ref:3960558)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Egg Formula 1 Time Capsule 2020

It's time to stick out necks out and make predictions for 2020, as outlandish as you like. Who will end up with egg on their face? I always think this thread is a little more fun if the predictions are not too safe, but a bit wild. They don't need to be on the level of Williams to win the championship, but that's up to you.

We will lock the thread on the eve of the season and re-open it after Abu Dhabi.

Please try to make your predictions objective and easy to verify, so 'Vettel will complain a lot on the radio' doesn't work, but 'Grosjean will have at least 5 crashes on the first lap' does.

Mine:

1. Ferrari will win no more than 5 races.

2. Ricciardo will score a podium and finish ahead of Ocon on points.

3. Williams will score in at least 3 races.

4. Bottas will win the championship.

5. Verstappen will get at least 5 driving-related penalties.

6. Grosjean will have at least 4 race-ending crashes.

7. At least one driver who does not race in Melbourne will race during the season.

8. Alonso will sign a contract to race.

9. One of the AlphaTauri drivers will be replaced, although not necessarily for this season.

10. Ferrari and Red Bull will both run DAS systems at some point during the season.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 17:40 (Ref:3960653)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1. Mercedes will win at least 2/3rds of their races in the first half of the season.

2. Ferrari will comment that they are prioritising the 2021 car before the summer break.

3. Williams will comment that they are prioritising the 2021 car before the end of May.

4. Someone will drive in to the back of Verstappen. Contact behind the rear axle counts.

5. Vettel will drive into the back of someone. Contact behind the rear axle counts.

6. The champion will have the highest points score ever.

7. The champion will be Hamilton and clinched before the last race.

8. Hamilton won’t be the driver that starts on pole the most. (He’ll come alive in the races).

9. The closest finish of the year will be at Monaco.

10. Verstappen will win at Zandvoort in a Mansell-esque powered by the fans way. Some sort of quote (and the win) to prove this most subjective one.

11. Ginger spice will wave the chequered flag at the British GP.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 20:51 (Ref:3960676)   #3
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
More than a few above feel very likely and hate to double on a few.

1. Mercedes will run out to a large lead on the field early in the season.

2. Hamilton v Bottas talk will run past the break but Lewis will end it within a couple races.

3. Red Bull will add a DAS type system and Ferrari will say it's not worth the expensive vs lap time gain.

4. Ferrari will mention the new 2021 car development before any of the big 3.

5. Racing Point will challenge for 3rd in points.

6. Every team will score in multiple races.

7. There will be multiple rumors about Haas selling out or folding the race team as they fade late again.

8. Sadly at least 4 races will be cancelled.

9. Lewis and Mercedes clinch well before the final race so we get a couple races to talk about when he's leaving.

10. Williams will remind us all season about the FW43 is really a FW42 Evo and they're working on the FW44 already. But it will finish better than qualifying on average with Russell.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 23:49 (Ref:3960701)   #4
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Vettel will announce his retirement, or that he is moving to another team.

2. The relationship between the Mercedes duo will worsen.

3. The pink team (whatever they want to bloody call themselves these days) will clash and crash with McLaren.

4. There will be 4 driver changes during the season.

5. The only person, and he won't do it, to possibly catch Hamilton for the championship is le clerc.

6. Bottas will start well and fade.

7. There will be a first time race winner at Monaco.

8. Renault will remain stagnant. Come silly season, rumours of Ricciardo moving to Ferrari will ramp up (again).

9. No-one will miss Hulkenberg.

10. Verstappen will win at least 2 races. Albon won't win any and the spotlight will be on him.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 21:36 (Ref:3960875)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
1. The WDC will score more points than anyone else.

2. Bernie will appear in the Paddock at 4 races.

3. Vettel will continue to drive like an amateur yet that still won't be enough to fire him.

4. Hamilton will be flippant/tetchy with interviewrs at half the races, and like their best buddy at the other half.

5. Grosjean will launch off the banking at Zandvoort and end up on the beach.

6. Alonso says he will be on the grid in 2022..

7. Bottas signs for Ferrari for 2021.

8. Hamilton complains when his steering wheel comes off on lap 7 of the Monaco GP and inspute of winning all preceding races from the DAS system declares it a bad idea.

9. Liberty announce plans for a GP in Marrakech.

10. Lando Norris and Carlos Sainz announce their engagement.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 19:07 (Ref:3961064)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
brilliant!

1. Ham to win.
2. both Haas drivers will be replaced by seasons end.
3. Max to finish season higher in points then Leclerc
4. Ferrari will re sign Vettee
5. Kimi's last season
6. Williams will score at least 1 podium.
7. at least 1 race will happen in front of no/limited fans.
8. Monaco will cancel its own GP.
9. Ross Brawn to be named Chase Carey's replacement
10. Perez will absolutely dismantle Stroll and will get fired for it.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 18:12 (Ref:3961283)   #7
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Some good ones here...mine:

- Vettel will get red misted and incur penalties at least 4 times
- Ferrari, Haas, and Mercedes will collide with team mates a total of 5 times between all three teams
- DAS will be mentioned at every race. Whether it's about the advantage, the ingenuity, other drivers complimenting it, or how it's illegal next season
- Hamilton will complain about tires in 24 of 20 races.
- Ferrari hears these complaints, makes wrong strategy call at 24 of 20 races.
- China will not return this year
- At least two other races will be cancelled or postponed
- There will be some left field Rosberg topic upon Hamilton winning the 7th WDC as Rosberg seeks for relevancy post F1
- McLaren beats their engine supplier in the constructors standings
- HAAS releases a driver in favor of a previous F1 driver. It changes nothing.
- Every single team has rumors about leaving F1.
- 2 Midfield teams get dramatically worse after summer
- Everybody was sandbagging at winter testing. It changes nothing about the order
- Leclerc gets shafted by team orders at least 3 times.
- There will be 2 podium bungles.
- 1 Driver will have to leave the podium after stepping on to it.
- Hamilton will love the fans at every race, as those particular fans are the best in the world.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 09:47 (Ref:3963776)   #8
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The season will start in June.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 09:49 (Ref:3963777)   #9
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
We will lock the thread on the eve of the season and re-open it after Abu Dhabi.
When is the eve of the season?
Old 13 Mar 2020, 16:08 (Ref:3963893)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The season will start in June.
And end in Jan '21!
Old 13 Dec 2020, 14:19 (Ref:4022615)   #11
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Time to reveal what we said.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 23:31 (Ref:4022991)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Time to reveal what we said.
Crikey i think I got one and a half right! 2 at most.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 12:40 (Ref:4023234)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
brilliant!

1. Ham to win.
2. both Haas drivers will be replaced by seasons end.
3. Max to finish season higher in points then Leclerc
4. Ferrari will re sign Vettee
5. Kimi's last season
6. Williams will score at least 1 podium.
7. at least 1 race will happen in front of no/limited fans.
8. Monaco will cancel its own GP.
9. Ross Brawn to be named Chase Carey's replacement
10. Perez will absolutely dismantle Stroll and will get fired for it.
A decent set of predictions!
Old 16 Dec 2020, 17:26 (Ref:4023294)   #14
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
some liberal counting and i have a 5 out of 10....so yeah pretty decent i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
brilliant!

1. Ham to win. easy 1pt
2. both Haas drivers will be replaced by seasons end. announced but not technically replaced for this season 1/2pt
3. Max to finish season higher in points then Leclerc 1pt
4. Ferrari will re sign Vettee nope
5. Kimi's last season nope and good for him!
6. Williams will score at least 1 podium.nope and not even a point
7. at least 1 race will happen in front of no/limited fans.1pt
8. Monaco will cancel its own GP. 1pt
9. Ross Brawn to be named Chase Carey's replacement stepped down but Domenicali announced 1/2pt
10. Perez will absolutely dismantle Stroll and will get fired for it. not a real dismantling but i will still take 1pt
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
sad that it had to go the other way!

the features SKY was doing with them were brilliant this year.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 20:32 (Ref:4023323)   #15
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
7. At least one driver who does not race in Melbourne will race during the season.
Turned out to be whole lot more than one
Old 22 Jan 2021, 05:50 (Ref:4030557)   #16
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
It's time to stick out necks out and make predictions for 2020, as outlandish as you like. Who will end up with egg on their face? I always think this thread is a little more fun if the predictions are not too safe, but a bit wild. They don't need to be on the level of Williams to win the championship, but that's up to you.

Please try to make your predictions objective and easy to verify, so 'Vettel will complain a lot on the radio' doesn't work, but 'Grosjean will have at least 5 crashes on the first lap' does.

Mine:

1. Ferrari will win no more than 5 races. Definitely.

2. Ricciardo will score a podium and finish ahead of Ocon on points. Yes - 5th versus 12th.

3. Williams will score in at least 3 races. A big, fat zero points and yet they were closer on pace than in 2019.

4. Bottas will win the championship. Now, that was just getting ambitious.

5. Verstappen will get at least 5 driving-related penalties. Didn't find this, but I don't think so.

6. Grosjean will have at least 4 race-ending crashes. It was 2 - in his final two races.

7. At least one driver who does not race in Melbourne will race during the season. Hulkenberg, Aitken and Fittipaldi all raced.

8. Alonso will sign a contract to race. Yep.

9. One of the AlphaTauri drivers will be replaced, although not necessarily for this season. Kvyat, of course.

10. Ferrari and Red Bull will both run DAS systems at some point during the season. Actually, no.
6 out of 10 correct.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 11:05 (Ref:4030603)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Since nobody raced in Melbourne, I think no.7 was always going to happen