Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 8 Jun 2023, 23:07 (Ref:4160897)   #326
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Le Mans...

Onboard practice lap with Mike Rockenfeller: https://youtu.be/DMQaqkW0iuE

Sweet Chevy music and nice scenery
Badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Nascar uses power steering since the 1980s, so that should be no problem.
And I think the majority of drivers aside the likes of Joey, Chase and Kevin are smaller fellows these days anyways...
Old 8 Jun 2023, 23:12 (Ref:4160898)   #327
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Just caught up and saw today, I enjoyed it a lot.

I'm guessing those failed brake parts are a common part for several cars to have the same issue? Scary, would not want that at the speeds these things go. Bad manufacture or underspecced parts or bad setup or what?
Think the speed difference between straight and corner put a good deal strain on the brakes and maybe some didn't manage it well.

And on that note, Noah Gragson has to sit out from Sonoma due to concussion like symptoms...

https://racer.com/2023/06/08/enfinge...noma-cup-race/
Old 9 Jun 2023, 21:07 (Ref:4161129)   #328
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Badass.

And I think the majority of drivers aside the likes of Joey, Chase and Kevin are smaller fellows these days anyways...
They are all tiny, Terry Labonte came up to my dad's elbow when he met him, driver, jockey, all the same. Except for Jorg, Boris and car floor mat guy
Old 11 Jun 2023, 10:32 (Ref:4162808)   #329
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
An article on the Le Mans entry I thought very interesting:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gregeng...ans-after-all/
Old 11 Jun 2023, 10:39 (Ref:4162815)   #330
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Think the speed difference between straight and corner put a good deal strain on the brakes and maybe some didn't manage it well.

And on that note, Noah Gragson has to sit out from Sonoma due to concussion like symptoms...

https://racer.com/2023/06/08/enfinge...noma-cup-race/
Thanks, so just wearing them out with hard use probably. As stupid as it sounds as a young inexperienced driver (and idiot to be honest) I did that to a Volvo road car on a long twisty journey, boiled the brakes and ended up in a farmers field.

This really saddens me. In Noahs case a young man; not like for example Kurt Busch or Dario Franchitto case's where a lengthy career of knocks has an incremental effect. Hope all these guys and everybody else who has been hurt is doing well and hope Noah is back on track soon..

I did see (and can't remember where to post a link of the video) explaining what NASCAR has done with the front clip, front bumper and car side following Ryan Preece getting into Kyle Larson at 'Dega. Basically the side is toughened up massively and the front of the car will progressively crumple more absorbing energy. Sounded to a layman like me to be good work.
Old 11 Jun 2023, 11:03 (Ref:4162840)   #331
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Badass.

I forget so much. I think of drivers and big guys like Smoke, Ryan Newman, Mikey Waltrip
are always at the front of my mind. Guess I watched a lot more in the '00's or things stuck on my memory from that period more. Also possibly as I never watch pre or post race stuff hardly at all so the guys are in the car and I don't see the size!

Totally forgot about the steering being power assisted too. I think my mind is back when a nice Japanese - Satoru Nakajima - competed in Formula 1. He always struggled and explained the big powerful cars were difficult partly due to his size. Around 1991 I got to run a handful of laps in the 1986 Tyrrell F1 car. I was quite strong back then but I have to say I was totally overwhelmed by the sheer amount of strength and energy needed to drive it even at a pedestrian pace compared to the professionals. Bucket list ticked off and respect levels for everyone who races increased even further.

Now back to the last few hours in France...
Old 13 Jun 2023, 23:59 (Ref:4163605)   #332
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
30 years ago today
https://twitter.com/nascarman_rr/sta...rCIOAUbtQ&s=19
Old 27 Jun 2023, 20:45 (Ref:4165717)   #333
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Just gonna stick with the "racing news", but Jimmie Johnson will not race at the Chicago race this weekend
Old 28 Jun 2023, 13:55 (Ref:4165769)   #334
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Just gonna stick with the "racing news", but Jimmie Johnson will not race at the Chicago race this weekend
Hardly surprising given what has gone on

I think he would have gone well given his experience in Indy, but we'll never know.
Old 30 Jun 2023, 02:41 (Ref:4165902)   #335
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Downunder we fans are abuzz about our latest offering to racing US style, with Kiwi Shane Van Gisbergen putting his toe in the water with the Trackhouse entry in the street race at Chicago.

See here for our local (Australia) scene commentary in our motor racing press:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/06/30...o-nascar-team/

Best news since Marcos Ambrose brought Nascar to the forefront of local coverage. This bloke is very good in traffic, & not afraid of the push & shove that makes Nascar watching.
Old 30 Jun 2023, 13:58 (Ref:4165951)   #336
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I can't watch the Chicago Cup race live, but I'd love to.
Old 30 Jun 2023, 18:48 (Ref:4165993)   #337
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Downunder we fans are abuzz about our latest offering to racing US style, with Kiwi Shane Van Gisbergen putting his toe in the water with the Trackhouse entry in the street race at Chicago.

Best news since Marcos Ambrose brought Nascar to the forefront of local coverage. This bloke is very good in traffic, & not afraid of the push & shove that makes Nascar watching.
The Gizza!! Love him! I've not watched the V8s in a while but recall his GT racing on the Mountain.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 00:17 (Ref:4166021)   #338
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gonna have to actually try to watch most of the Saturday afternoon action across both series
Old 1 Jul 2023, 15:08 (Ref:4166095)   #339
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well just in to Busch kid practice and it's not great. Run off area isn't big enough to get a car out without a 7 point turn, oh and it looks like it's raining so that's nice
Old 1 Jul 2023, 18:26 (Ref:4166140)   #340
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post

And so far for practice he's head and shoulders above the crowd
Old 1 Jul 2023, 18:47 (Ref:4166146)   #341
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Also took me a minute to realize but the cars on track don't sound great. The muffler is not working well, sounds like an odd zipper

Also Jenson's Mobil 1 and Byron's Valvoline liveries are great and clean and both are driving quick
Old 1 Jul 2023, 18:57 (Ref:4166150)   #342
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Cup learned from Indy, alternate start finish for quali. Interlopers doing well, Button advanced from Group 1 runners with Suarez, Reddick, Larson and Dinger
Old 1 Jul 2023, 19:16 (Ref:4166156)   #343
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well Chase screwed up Shane's only flyer, was trying to keep up and caught inside wall twice and then straight to the outside at 9 I think. He'll have to do it on one flyer only, but the team did it to him by waiting until 5 to go and held him 10 minutes of the session

Van Gisbergen is the only driver heel toeing and using the clutch on the way down there box. You can see it outside the car, only one that isn't hopping
Old 1 Jul 2023, 19:24 (Ref:4166160)   #344
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And he only needed one with traffic in front of him and he went second fastest of the day. He is joined by Hamlin, Bell, McDowell and Logano from Group 2
Old 1 Jul 2023, 19:49 (Ref:4166169)   #345
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And Hamlin and Reddick came back to put the interloper in his place, SVG ended up 3rd and Button 8

And Toyota gets to be the pace car for the start with Hamlin's pole. And I'm so out of it I thought he was a FedEx car with purple, not Yahoo
Old 1 Jul 2023, 19:58 (Ref:4166172)   #346
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamlin downplayed his speed a lot in his podcast.

Would have been cool to see Gizzy in pole but 3rd is awesome too
Old 1 Jul 2023, 20:58 (Ref:4166185)   #347
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
xFinity race about to start.

I fully expect this to be proper ****show - can't wait!
Old 1 Jul 2023, 21:10 (Ref:4166190)   #348
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cleaner start than I expected

I really like this. Just seeing the cars with the skyscrapers as a backdrop is pretty amazing.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 21:14 (Ref:4166193)   #349
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Until the boss blew up his car, Marks engine said no mas, 3 laps is all
Old 1 Jul 2023, 21:15 (Ref:4166194)   #350
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
First caution, for Justin Marks' blown engine. Shame, he was running good.