Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 May 2009, 14:12 (Ref:2471616)   #1
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Le Mans spotting game.

The rules are simple. Points for what you see. I would prefer proof, but it's not neccasary:

Fernando Alonso (yes, he's attending this year's race) - 50pts
Luca di Motezemolo OR Stefano Deminocali - 50pts
A Previous F1 world champion (can't be Alonso) - 100pts
A Previous Le Mans winner that's NOT racing this year - 20pts
A car that's one Le Mans before (can't be in the support race or in the museum, must have had an overall win)

A Hawaiin tropic girl that turns out to be man - 5pts
A ginger head - 5pts
A bear mountain (must be intact) - 5pts

Anything else we can add?
Old 29 May 2009, 14:30 (Ref:2471631)   #2
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
A BEAR mountain? I have visions of a pile of grizzlies and Polar, being climbed by a knight in armour.

To Rimsky-Korsakov, of course.

Does a World Champion Rally Navigator count for anything?
Old 29 May 2009, 15:06 (Ref:2471655)   #3
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
A BEAR mountain? I have visions of a pile of grizzlies and Polar, being climbed by a knight in armour.

To Rimsky-Korsakov, of course.

Does a World Champion Rally Navigator count for anything?
I suppose you could add that but how do you know when you see one!?
Old 29 May 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2471669)   #4
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
NASCAR Sprint navigators are easier, they are the ones wandering around muttering LEFT... LEFT.... LEFT..... LEFT....
Old 29 May 2009, 16:18 (Ref:2471698)   #5
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The rules are simple. Points for what you see. I would prefer proof, but it's not neccasary:

Fernando Alonso (yes, he's attending this year's race) - 50pts
Luca di Motezemolo OR Stefano Deminocali - 50pts
A Previous F1 world champion (can't be Alonso) - 100pts
A Previous Le Mans winner that's NOT racing this year - 20pts
A car that's one Le Mans before (can't be in the support race or in the museum, must have had an overall win)
Is that won the Mans?

Quote:
A Hawaiin tropic girl that turns out to be man - 5pts
A ginger head - 5pts
A bear mountain (must be intact) - 5pts

Anything else we can add?
A Hawaiin tropic girl? since they aren't going to be there this year.
Old 29 May 2009, 17:09 (Ref:2471726)   #6
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
A Hawaiin tropic girl? since they aren't going to be there this year.
Aren't they? Ah well, they'll still be men dressed as the Hawaiin Tropic Girls, there always will be
Old 29 May 2009, 17:23 (Ref:2471733)   #7
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is one for you;

100 points if you spot the french Guy who looks just like Henry Pescarolo (but isn't actually him). I've seen him at least twice over the years.
Old 29 May 2009, 17:36 (Ref:2471738)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

You mean the very car - the same chassis?
Old 29 May 2009, 17:42 (Ref:2471740)   #9
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Aren't they? Ah well, they'll still be men dressed as the Hawaiin Tropic Girls, there always will be
No, I meant something to add to your list, that will be hard to find
Old 29 May 2009, 17:51 (Ref:2471750)   #10
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You mean the very car - the same chassis?
Yup.
Old 29 May 2009, 18:00 (Ref:2471756)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yup.

I think that gives Trussers an unfair advantage.......
Old 30 May 2009, 00:01 (Ref:2471920)   #12
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Mr G4J?

You DO know what Dave Richards started as, don't you?

The kids today, what do they teach 'em...
Old 31 May 2009, 09:06 (Ref:2472514)   #13
miguel1810
Rookie

United Kingdom
Just down from the Dunlop Bridge
miguel1810 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mr G4J?

They think its all F1 BTCC DTM and Le Mans... shame they dont know about 5 Day Rally Championships - and being able to go to dolgellau at 5am to see them charging about the mountain with lights blazing... ah I remember it well...

Rothmans RS1800 Super Rally Car..... My fave was the 6R4 with Tony Pond behind the wheel.... Off topic I know...
Old 31 May 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2472669)   #14
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Mr G4J?

What am I missing? Where have I mentioned David Richards?
Old 31 May 2009, 13:06 (Ref:2472682)   #15
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
What am I missing? Where have I mentioned David Richards?
Here:
Quote:
Old 31 May 2009, 14:45 (Ref:2472727)   #16
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
ah right, well I never knew that!
Old 31 May 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2472729)   #17
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And is it really a bear mountain? 'Cause I have it on good authority all of the local bears go on vacation during the 24, probably to the Pyrenees. All that bracing mountain air and those yummy organic hikers, unlike the beer and merguez-sodden throngs at home.

keke
Old 1 Jun 2009, 09:08 (Ref:2473203)   #18
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Miguel, you are singing my tune...

I remember owning a corner of the RAC back in 1982. Somewhere deep in a welsh forest. Falling intop a ditch full of water, as the snow came down!

We now return you to your topic!
Old 1 Jun 2009, 22:36 (Ref:2473708)   #19
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
And is it really a bear mountain? 'Cause I have it on good authority all of the local bears go on vacation during the 24,
Might as well be , as you have as much chance of finding decent French beer as opposed to a bear mountain !!!
Old 1 Jun 2009, 22:49 (Ref:2473713)   #20
miguel1810
Rookie

United Kingdom
Just down from the Dunlop Bridge
miguel1810 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Miguel, you are singing my tune...

I remember owning a corner of the RAC back in 1982. Somewhere deep in a welsh forest. Falling intop a ditch full of water, as the snow came down!

We now return you to your topic!
Evening Tim, yes seems like we have similar memories... (sorry going off topic again) I did love the Stratos and then the Fiat Abarth.... but Group B's they were just mad!! We (me, brother and dad) used to clear off for 5 days going to B&Bs following the (Lombard) RAC... I have to admit I don't get to watch the WRC as much... for me I think its too sanitised... you don't have the Russell Brookes giving the big boys ago...

God! I sound like a right whinger!! And I'm only 38!!

But back to spotting...
Old 2 Jun 2009, 06:50 (Ref:2473828)   #21
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Any points for spotting 10ths logos?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 2 Jun 2009, 17:57 (Ref:2474178)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
Any points for spotting 10ths logos?

It's possible......