Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 22 Feb 2021, 19:29 (Ref:4036341)   #26
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly my thoughts Gordon, given that some of the world's top sports athletes and leading industry figures have succumbed even with the undoubted precautions taken, it makes me very nervous as a senior citizen.
Old 23 Feb 2021, 12:22 (Ref:4036421)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well as we no doubt have all seen, Fausto has sadly passed away. What a sad way for it to end, RIP Fausto. You will be missed. Hopefully we can have a season to do him proud in his memory
Old 23 Feb 2021, 23:34 (Ref:4036522)   #28
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well as we no doubt have all seen, Fausto has sadly passed away. What a sad way for it to end, RIP Fausto. You will be missed. Hopefully we can have a season to do him proud in his memory
It appears to me that once you get to that state and on a ventilator for more than a few days then things don't look good.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:30 (Ref:4036681)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He recovered first time, but the fact he relapsed into a coma a second time shows he wasn't out of the woods
Old 24 Feb 2021, 21:07 (Ref:4036815)   #30
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The veil of secrecy surrounding the current physical condition of Marc Marquez is wrapped so tightly that there has not been so much as a glimpse inside. Honda, his manager Emilio Alzamora, his brother Alex, and the doctors who have been in charge of fixing his right humerus have given little indication of his progress from the Spanish Grand Prix crash that curtailed his 2020 MotoGP season in July.

Such vague signs leave little room for optimism, with Marquez having already missed an entire year's racing and no clear indication of when he might be fit to return.
Honda might have to bring in someone else to replace him, I suppose they "could" bring his brother back or "possibly" look at Dovi? although as has been shown the works Honda isn't the most rider friendly bike out there and is a bit like Marmite !
Whatever Marc will not be at the Qatar tests.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Feb 2021, 22:58 (Ref:4036839)   #31
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RIP Fausto

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Feb 2021, 18:52 (Ref:4036979)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

There was a minute silence at the Valencia test this week to remember Fausto
Old 26 Feb 2021, 22:54 (Ref:4037236)   #33
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
No less than nine MotoGP riders, plus some Moto2, Moto3 and Moto E competitors, descended on the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya for a day of training on road bikes.

While the main purpose was some high-speed training ahead of the delayed start to Official MotoGP testing in Qatar next month, the outing - surely the world's fastest track day - also allowed riders to get a first taste of the revised Turn 10 ahead of this year's Catalan Grand Prix.

Headlining the MotoGP riders on track was reigning world champion Joan Mir (Suzuki), who was joined by team-mate Alex Rins plus Fabio Quartararo (Yamaha), Jack Miller (Ducati), Pol Espargaro (Honda), Johann Zarco (Pramac Ducati), Alex Marquez (LCR Honda), Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda) and Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia).

Aleix Espargaro is the only one that has ridden a MotoGP bike this year, in the form of a recent private test at Jerez, possible due to the Concession rules. The rest will throw a leg over their grand prix machines for the first time in 2021 at Losail on March 6.

"I feel great on the bike, I'm happy because I was able to do a lot of laps today and try the new corner, it was important to understand how to do it and find the correct line to have an idea when we come back in future with the MotoGP bike," said Mir, who recently announced that he will continue with the #36 rather than use the #1 plate.

"A productive day, I'm happy about that and I'm ready for Qatar. I'm preparing in the same way as before, training hard and trying to be healthy, working every day on what I want. To be a better rider, to be more complete. I'm happy about the preseason we're doing!"
Old 27 Feb 2021, 11:04 (Ref:4037287)   #34
S griffin
Veteran

Busy times, riders trying to get in as much practice as possible. Competitiveness never goes away, especially as the season getting ever closer and no official testing till next month. Also as you say an opportunity to try out the new Barcelona configuration, can't wait to see what it's like to race on

I think Mir should be up there again this year, but it will be hard to pick a champion. It probably won't be as competitive as last year, but there should be enough riders winning to keep it exciting. I think Espargaro will be one to watch, he'll be well prepared and with the benefit of an extra test and Vinales will be eager to show he still has it in him

Anyway roll on Qatar, we should be in for another great season. And hopefully we'll get a better picture after the first couple of races of who's the title contenders. Can't wait
Old 28 Feb 2021, 10:25 (Ref:4037408)   #35
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Anyway roll on Qatar, we should be in for another great season. And hopefully we'll get a better picture after the first couple of races of who's the title contenders. Can't wait
exactly like 2020 right?

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Mar 2021, 14:50 (Ref:4037652)   #36
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
exactly like 2020 right?
I second that,several race winners and the title not decided until the season was almost at the end.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 21:17 (Ref:4039077)   #37
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I'm surmising all the teams are geared up for tomorrow's official test in Qatar, can't wait for the racing to kick off at the end of the month.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 09:07 (Ref:4039150)   #38
S griffin
Veteran

Definitely will be interesting this official test. More than anything though I am looking forward to the racing starting
Old 7 Mar 2021, 23:37 (Ref:4039527)   #39
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
The opening Official 2021 MotoGP pre-season test has come to a close with Fabio Quartararo and Yamaha fastest during the second day of full track action at Losail, the Frenchman being the only rider under the 1m 54s mark.

Aleix Espargaro and Aprilia had been the surprise leaders on day one and the Spaniard showed it had been no fluke by also leading during the crucial closing hours on Sunday, with only Quartararo and then Ducati's Jack Miller eventually able to narrowly surpass the RS-GP.

Title runner-up Franco Morbidelli may have lost top Yamaha honours to former team-mate Quartararo but the Italian still improved from seventh to fourth on his A-Spec Petronas machine, while Honda test and replacement rider Stefan Bradl made it a top five (featuring four different brands) within 0.270s.

Pramac Ducati's Johann Zarco and Quartararo's team-mate Maverick Vinales, fastest earlier in the day, followed on the timesheets with world champion Joan Mir eighth for Suzuki, having finished testing an hour before the end. Miguel Oliveira was again the top KTM, albeit slipping from yesterday's fifth to eleventh, as former RC16 rider Pol Espargaro finished his first Repsol Honda test in twelfth (+0.733s).

Reigning Moto2 champion Enea Bastianini was the top rookie in 16th place for Avintia Ducati, with Lorenzo Savadori (Aprilia) in 17th, Luca Marini (Avintia VR46) 18th and Jorge Martin (Pramac Ducati) 19th.

Valentino Rossi was surprisingly left behind the rookies in 20th at the end of his debut test for Petronas Yamaha. Countryman Danilo Petrucci was also lower than expected with 21st place on his first test for Tech3 KTM, although still ahead of Red Bull KTM race winner Brad Binder, in 24th.

Moto2™ and Moto3™ pre-season test to take place in Qatar
Previously scheduled for Jerez, the test will now take place at the Losail International Circuit from the 19-21 of March

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 7 Mar 2021 at 23:57.
Old 8 Mar 2021, 00:06 (Ref:4039531)   #40
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Sam Lowes got his preparations for the 2021 Moto2 season underway with a two-day private test in Valencia.

The Brit visited the Spanish circuit with Elf Marc VDS Racing teammate Augusto Fernandez, with both riders using a stunning black and silver winter testing livery. The actual 2021 livery will be unveiled on March 15.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sam-Lowes-Valencia.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	67511
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (270).png
Views:	1
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	67512

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 8 Mar 2021 at 00:19.
Old 8 Mar 2021, 07:40 (Ref:4039564)   #41
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Thanks Gordon for the succinct report.
Old 14 Mar 2021, 22:33 (Ref:4040461)   #42
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Marc Marquez is listed on the preliminary entry list for the season opener at Qatar.
Marquez said in an interview with his Repsol Honda Team that he still is “going in a good way and day by day. Two weeks ago, I said week by week, but now it’s day by day. First of all, I will not ride a MotoGP bike straightaway. Maybe I will start with a small bike and sometimes train in a small circuit.”
Marquez is scheduled to be teamed with new teammate Pol Espargaro this year. But if he is unable to start the season, Stefan Bradl will substitute in his place.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 09:45 (Ref:4040498)   #43
S griffin
Veteran

Marquez is certainly recovering well, but I wouldn't count on him being at Qatar. The big question will be his motivation. If he still wants to ride then he'll be back. He might be a bit out of practice when he does come back. We'll just have to wait and see. How much longer can he go on for?

But I wouldn't be surprised to see him back, even if he has got nothing left to prove. We'll have a great season either way.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 21:29 (Ref:4040903)   #44
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Marc Marquez is listed on the preliminary entry list for the season opener at Qatar.
Marquez said in an interview with his Repsol Honda Team that he still is “going in a good way and day by day. Two weeks ago, I said week by week, but now it’s day by day. First of all, I will not ride a MotoGP bike straightaway. Maybe I will start with a small bike and sometimes train in a small circuit.”
Marquez is scheduled to be teamed with new teammate Pol Espargaro this year. But if he is unable to start the season, Stefan Bradl will substitute in his place.
Wishful thinking on MM's part and PR for HRC from what I've read.
Old 18 Mar 2021, 11:01 (Ref:4041166)   #45
S griffin
Veteran

Even if he does come back, would he still have it in him? I will believe it when I see it
Old 18 Mar 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4041281)   #46
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Even if he does come back, would he still have it in him? I will believe it when I see it
One thing that this injury will have done is make him more aware that if he does the same thing again that will be the end of his career as a GP rider. Mind you when the race starts a lot of racers disengage their brains
Old 18 Mar 2021, 21:16 (Ref:4041358)   #47
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
One thing that this injury will have done is make him more aware that if he does the same thing again that will be the end of his career as a GP rider. Mind you when the race starts most racers disengage their brains
Corrected that for you.
Old 18 Mar 2021, 22:14 (Ref:4041373)   #48
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Corrected that for you.
Yes I know what you mean, one good piece of advice someone gave me 50 odd years ago that I tell newcomers starting racing is, "you can't win it on the first lap but you can certainly lose it"
Old 19 Mar 2021, 02:01 (Ref:4041398)   #49
S griffin
Veteran

That is a piece of advice that has never changed and should always be heeded in all forms of motorsport
Old 19 Mar 2021, 11:17 (Ref:4041469)   #50
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
That is a piece of advice that has never changed and should always be heeded in all forms of motorsport
Agreed, however try telling that to the entrants of the Le Touquet beach race held in February. There are over a thousand motocross bikes on the start line and a 6km start straight, the first corner is "interesting"