Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 18 Jul 2022, 10:17 (Ref:4119789)   #51
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here's a famous bloke talking to Howden Ganley.

And here you will find a few more pictures. https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzYuX2
Attached Thumbnails
AD7I2800.jpg  

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 18 Jul 2022 at 10:23.
Old 18 Jul 2022, 10:51 (Ref:4119791)   #52
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Great catalogue of photos, Peter - thanks! I was getting a biy worried about the lack of representation of my obsession marques - and then up popped a modded Imp, followed immediately by an Alfa 4C - and later a very tidy 105 GTV - making me a happy bunny
Old 18 Jul 2022, 10:52 (Ref:4119792)   #53
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I aim to please.
Old 18 Jul 2022, 11:36 (Ref:4119793)   #54
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Great catalogue of photos, Peter - thanks! I was getting a biy worried about the lack of representation of my obsession marques - and then up popped a modded Imp, followed immediately by an Alfa 4C - and later a very tidy 105 GTV - making me a happy bunny
Ditto - only for me it was the Alfa's & Lotuses.
Old 18 Jul 2022, 11:39 (Ref:4119795)   #55
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great photos Peter, please can you send me the one of Melanie & I talking to that famous bloke at the finish?
Old 18 Jul 2022, 11:47 (Ref:4119797)   #56
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great photos Peter.

Are you enjoying the 1DX 3?
Old 18 Jul 2022, 11:59 (Ref:4119798)   #57
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great photos Peter. Quite a selection of cars and motor bikes present. And weather to be jealous of. Looks like a great day had by all.

I must confess with all the mention of bacon butties yesterday, I could almost smell them across the globe. Had to go to the shops to procur rolls and bacon to join in the spirit.
Old 18 Jul 2022, 13:40 (Ref:4119806)   #58
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Great photos Peter, please can you send me the one of Melanie & I talking to that famous bloke at the finish?
Yup will send it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Great photos Peter.

Are you enjoying the 1DX 3?
Yes indeed, although I appear to have set it to duplicate images. This function allows you to layer the pictures using a balanced average. However, settings changed back to normal.
Old 18 Jul 2022, 13:46 (Ref:4119807)   #59
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonderful set of photos Peter, so pleased the event went off well and top marks to Delta and co for organising(btw, I have room for the Lotus 22 if you can't find a home!)
Old 18 Jul 2022, 13:50 (Ref:4119808)   #60
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This always looks like a great event - well done Iain and your fellow organisers yet again.

Great set of photos Peter.
Old 19 Jul 2022, 01:10 (Ref:4119854)   #61
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
This always looks like a great event - well done Iain and your fellow organisers yet again.

Great set of photos Peter.

It is a great event - only managed to attend one when I happened to be in the right part of the country at the right time - but all credit to Iain and his team for organising each year!
Old 20 Jul 2022, 12:12 (Ref:4119935)   #62
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It is a great event that takes a lot of time to get organised by Iain who seems to relish on working !
I have only been to one of these as well because unfortunately it clashes with one of my all time friends Bob Dockerty who is the owner of Larkins Brewery. Bob spent thousands of pounds sponsoring me over the years otherwise I couldn't have continued in my racing career. He is a down to earth guy that speaks his mind and one of his presents was this T shirt !
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bob T shirt.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	75956
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Jul 2022, 12:23 (Ref:4119936)   #63
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
This is some of what happened at the weekend, there was no shortage of the amber nectar. It is possible to arrange a p**s up in a brewery
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1664).png
Views:	8
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	75957
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 22 Jul 2022, 15:00 (Ref:4120140)   #64
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Wrong thread

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 22 Jul 2022 at 15:19.
Old 22 Jul 2022, 15:58 (Ref:4120146)   #65
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I did wonder, I'll move them to banter later.
Old 23 Jul 2022, 14:46 (Ref:4120223)   #66
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I did wonder, I'll move them to banter later.
The first one I did mean to put on this thread as it explains why I didn't go and the second picture sort of shows the party.
The post saying "wrong thread" was for something else that I put on there
Old 23 Jul 2022, 14:54 (Ref:4120224)   #67
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
OK now you speak in riddles, or ruddles.
Old 23 Jul 2022, 17:03 (Ref:4120249)   #68
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
OK now you speak in riddles, or ruddles.
Gordon is just Larkin' around.
Old 23 Jul 2022, 17:16 (Ref:4120253)   #69
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No matter, it's small beer.
Old 24 Jul 2022, 19:12 (Ref:4120391)   #70
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
A week has passed and I am just about recovered. I think the very high temperatures and weather warnings kept many people away from attending the show. However we did have a brilliant day and Tour so thank you to all my tenth friends for your support.I have had nothing but praise from lots of people who said it was great to have the show back again after a two year lay off. There are a couple of things I will change for 2023 but one thing for sure we will, have the burger stand back again. They were just excellent. We took a record amount of money at the gate and we had many donations, so I would guess by the time everything has been added up we should be able to give away around £5000 to local charities.
Roll on 2023 and who knows G P might be allowed back out by then.
Old 24 Jul 2022, 19:23 (Ref:4120393)   #71
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well done Iain, a most enjoyable day. Look forward to next year.
Old 15 May 2023, 18:04 (Ref:4156291)   #72
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Bumpimg this one because it would be good to confirm a date for 2023. Hopefully get a few more Tenthers involved.
Old 15 May 2023, 18:35 (Ref:4156297)   #73
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Peter. Yes time moves on and I will start a new thread. 23rd July.
Closed Thread