Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 6 Sep 2023, 13:05 (Ref:4175388)   #1376
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
And a pimp at wheel…
Incorrect sir

Old 6 Sep 2023, 14:15 (Ref:4175392)   #1377
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Incorrect sir

Weeeeeellll. Some might consider Boss to be one...
Old 6 Sep 2023, 14:28 (Ref:4175393)   #1378
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alpina B7 not exactly common here, and it was picking up a kid from my kids school! I need to meet this person.
Old 6 Sep 2023, 15:06 (Ref:4175398)   #1379
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
What maximum speed can the odo read? 100/150 mph or more likely 220? I rememeber my Saab with the dark panel option could not read above 100/160 MP/KPH at night.
Old 6 Sep 2023, 19:02 (Ref:4175430)   #1380
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
White on White

Oh and the Vuelta (bike race) is in the area and so all the support vehicles are out. Adam will be happy to know multi coloured Skoda wagons seem to be popular in the support stakes.
How about cream on beige instead? A very nice old shape Audi 100, slammed to the floor but no stupid oversized bling wheels and rubber band tyres, unblemished bodywork & chrome appears to be where the money has been spent and what appears to be the original velour interior. Still registered as an 1800 petrol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230906_155652772_HDR.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	77958 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230906_155603353_HDR.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	77959 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230906_155638549_HDR.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	77960
Old 6 Sep 2023, 20:25 (Ref:4175439)   #1381
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
How about cream on beige instead? A very nice old shape Audi 100, slammed to the floor but no stupid oversized bling wheels and rubber band tyres, unblemished bodywork & chrome appears to be where the money has been spent and what appears to be the original velour interior. Still registered as an 1800 petrol.
I was going to ask if that is what the stock suspension was like, but guess not! Don't think i have ever seen an Audi of that vintage.
Old 6 Sep 2023, 20:44 (Ref:4175442)   #1382
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Don't think i have ever seen an Audi of that vintage.
The 100 would be very late sixties /70 and ISTR the Audi 100 got a baby brother, the Audi 80, and at some stage the Audi 90 joined in. The 80 would have been early 70's as I recall a 'high' school friends Dad had one. It was certainly well before Audi got hip with the Quattro.
Old 6 Sep 2023, 20:51 (Ref:4175444)   #1383
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My first thought was damn, did they use that old MB suspension that gets sleepy when old, like we all do
Old 7 Sep 2023, 02:46 (Ref:4175454)   #1384
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
What's weird is when only one axle is fitted with pneumatic or hydraulic suspension giving only half sleepy effect.
Old 7 Sep 2023, 19:22 (Ref:4175591)   #1385
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Crane spotting
Old 7 Sep 2023, 20:04 (Ref:4175597)   #1386
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The 100 would be very late sixties /70 and ISTR the Audi 100 got a baby brother, the Audi 80, and at some stage the Audi 90 joined in. The 80 would have been early 70's as I recall a 'high' school friends Dad had one. It was certainly well before Audi got hip with the Quattro.
It's on a 1971 'J' suffix plate - Details from the DVLA:

Date of first registration June 1971
Date of first registration with DVLA June 2016
Year of manufacture 1971
Old 7 Sep 2023, 21:05 (Ref:4175609)   #1387
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Crane spotting
Better than this crane
Old 7 Sep 2023, 21:18 (Ref:4175612)   #1388
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That picture reminds me of the story going around here in the UK that if all cars become electric, then current multi-storey car parks will not be strong enough to take the weight. Whether that was being "forecast" by the anti-electric brigade, I know not.
Old 7 Sep 2023, 22:41 (Ref:4175620)   #1389
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
That picture reminds me of the story going around here in the UK that if all cars become electric, then current multi-storey car parks will not be strong enough to take the weight. Whether that was being "forecast" by the anti-electric brigade, I know not.
It’s more the SUV bit and the general increase over the years. Also seen some great selective comparisons which even include trucks not available in the UK. There is a good more or less podcast on it. Heavier yes, but all as heavy as a F150 lightning? It’s tedious, but everything has to be a dramatic battle.
Old 9 Sep 2023, 02:17 (Ref:4175760)   #1390
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Late 70s, early 80s Hilux in it's natural habitat? Hartwell Harbor Marina...
Old 9 Sep 2023, 04:31 (Ref:4175769)   #1391
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The composition of that shot would make Constable weep.
Old 9 Sep 2023, 06:47 (Ref:4175772)   #1392
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I spotted the worlds most awful nasty mustard coloured Mustang. I swear it looked more beige in real life. It just screamed "Why (this colour"). Orange I can understand but this wasnt orange.
Nice setting though.

And one for the motorbike folks. A very stylish and comfortable, if not heavy looking BMW
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4422.jpeg   IMG_4433.jpeg  
Old 9 Sep 2023, 07:48 (Ref:4175774)   #1393
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I remember you're a long term rider, did you ride a K1200 LT or its equivalent? This Bimmer is said Tupperware on wheels here may be because it looks ugly but is quite practical. Nothing like a Goldwing to cruise imo, but didn't ride a Roadmaster so far. In doubt, will go for a Harley, the real thing.
Old 9 Sep 2023, 07:57 (Ref:4175776)   #1394
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The boat seems a semi-rigid type, very popular in Spain. We owned several Narwhal and were satisfied with (much more than with any Zodiac). If memory serves, you're a quite experimented sailor-sinker…
Old 9 Sep 2023, 08:25 (Ref:4175780)   #1395
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I remember you're a long term rider, did you ride a K1200 LT or its equivalent? This Bimmer is said Tupperware on wheels here may be because it looks ugly but is quite practical. Nothing like a Goldwing to cruise imo, but didn't ride a Roadmaster so far. In doubt, will go for a Harley, the real thing.
I loved bikes and toured your country more than once, but never actually owned anything larger than a 750cc Honda. In recent years I havent ridden bikes because I guess I dont want to get the bug again! Oh I did try a Guzzi 850 Le Mans once because the salesman was so very keen for me to ride, offering to loan me jacket helmet and gloves to ride his for sale bike. I did go for a short ride, ashamed to tell him up front I was only in his showroom kicking tyres because I was bored and had finished my meeting early.
Old 9 Sep 2023, 12:46 (Ref:4175809)   #1396
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Almost forgot about Guzzis. Gearbox apart, good bikes if you can cope with reliability issues (chromed parts, electrical failures and son on). Keep on training with a Honda and buy a chinese copy of the Monkey!
Old 17 Sep 2023, 12:39 (Ref:4177028)   #1397
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Ok, haven't seen one and doubt I will but FB story promo and damn that's cool
Old 17 Sep 2023, 13:39 (Ref:4177033)   #1398
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I have never seen one of those before. I want one.
Old 17 Sep 2023, 14:53 (Ref:4177047)   #1399
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Ok, haven't seen one and doubt I will but FB story promo and damn that's cool
That's rad!!
Old 17 Sep 2023, 14:56 (Ref:4177050)   #1400
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I have the propensity to find red trucks in their natural elements these days. 73 or 74 4x4 Square Body Chevy.