Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 22 Sep 2023, 17:18 (Ref:4177833)   #1426
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The fun things you see at an HSR event
Old 22 Sep 2023, 19:03 (Ref:4177841)   #1427
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The good old Sunbeam Alpine; baby to the V8 Tiger.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 19:58 (Ref:4177845)   #1428
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, very elegant "drive with style" or James Bond drove the same. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4uT2RBmpok
Old 25 Sep 2023, 08:57 (Ref:4178236)   #1429
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
A couple of car park spots from the weekend - there wasn't a classic car show, they were just being given a run.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9979.jpg   IMG_9980.jpg  
Old 25 Sep 2023, 09:33 (Ref:4178242)   #1430
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A Frazer Nash BMW 328. The car that kick started AFN Porsche. There was an original 328 at Pistons and Props but the owners insisted on sitting in front of it so I couldn't get a decent shot.
Old 26 Sep 2023, 01:04 (Ref:4178341)   #1431
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hey, it ran and all the lights worked on it too
Old 26 Sep 2023, 06:09 (Ref:4178354)   #1432
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not so much the rarity of the car - but the condition this car is in.
It has been like this for over a year now, and is still used as a daily driver.
Attached Thumbnails
2.jpg  
Old 26 Sep 2023, 07:39 (Ref:4178355)   #1433
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Nice euro specs "B". Remove the rear soft window is a kind of airco system. Thanks!
Old 26 Sep 2023, 12:43 (Ref:4178380)   #1434
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah...
Old 26 Sep 2023, 13:48 (Ref:4178390)   #1435
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The men in white coats obviously haven't found the owner yet!
Old 26 Sep 2023, 18:08 (Ref:4178426)   #1436
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I would say that the Bs i just see around are in great condition over here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Not so much the rarity of the car - but the condition this car is in.
It has been like this for over a year now, and is still used as a daily driver.
Good cooling, never overheats.
Old 27 Sep 2023, 08:25 (Ref:4178474)   #1437
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yeah...
Good grief. That appears to have no redeeming features whatsoever.
Old 27 Sep 2023, 08:30 (Ref:4178477)   #1438
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's got a V8 which might work well in a decent car.
Old 27 Sep 2023, 09:04 (Ref:4178478)   #1439
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's got a V8 which might work well in a decent car.
Fair point. Throw away everything except the engine.
Old 27 Sep 2023, 14:00 (Ref:4178511)   #1440
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yeah...
Can it turn?
Old 27 Sep 2023, 15:11 (Ref:4178521)   #1441
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yeah...
Every time I see this picture I question if it's for real, or a clever Photoshop creation (sorry field, I'm not doubting you, just wondering if it's a wind-up).
Old 27 Sep 2023, 19:58 (Ref:4178541)   #1442
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So much action on the big wheel Crown Vic! I'll have to snag a pic of another big wheeler I see all the time. It's better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Every time I see this picture I question if it's for real, or a clever Photoshop creation (sorry field, I'm not doubting you, just wondering if it's a wind-up).
It is real and it's spectacular, or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Can it turn?
Made the soft left up the hill. Turning radius? I didn't get a good look at the wheel well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Good grief. That appears to have no redeeming features whatsoever.
Ha! Someone likes it and the style is not unique.
Old 27 Sep 2023, 21:35 (Ref:4178552)   #1443
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When your work truck is a golf cart
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20230927_195236528.jpg  
Old 27 Sep 2023, 21:38 (Ref:4178553)   #1444
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Tiny town of Warrenton GA, where you can follow a John Deere into town and spot Jags. Nice old Chevy C10 or C20 in there, too but what's the smaller car? Thinking old Volvo, that's the cleanest one of the lot.
Old 28 Sep 2023, 01:06 (Ref:4178576)   #1445
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
........what's the smaller car? Thinking old Volvo, that's the cleanest one of the lot.
I would say a Volvo 122S (2 door) Amazon. Mid/late sixties Happy to be corrected on that!
Old 28 Sep 2023, 02:37 (Ref:4178584)   #1446
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I would say a Volvo 122S (2 door) Amazon. Mid/late sixties Happy to be corrected on that!
I believe that's the one! I can safely say I've not seen many of those!
Old 28 Sep 2023, 04:01 (Ref:4178587)   #1447
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I believe that's the one! I can safely say I've not seen many of those!
Just found an interesting article on the 122S Amazon with a few pics (American version). Not overly geeky or long but just enough.

linky: https://www.carsandracingstuff.com/library/1/122s.php

Here is the bit about the Amazon name:
Quote:
When introduced, the car was named the Amason (with an 's'), deriving from the fierce female warriors of Greek mythology, the Amazons. German motorcycle manufacturer Kreidler had already registered the name, and the two companies finally agreed that Volvo could only use the name domestically (i.e., within Sweden), modifying the spelling to Amazon. Subsequently, Volvo began its tri-digit nomenclature and the line became known as the 120 Series.
Old 28 Sep 2023, 07:42 (Ref:4178591)   #1448
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Think E.B got it right, must be a 122S (and not a single carb' 121). If it were a 123 GT, probably we could see the ridiculous little tachometer sitting onthe top of the dash. I thoroughly enjoyed my modified 2 door 122 S and waited several years before finding her a new home. Back in the day, I remember two communities offering spontaneously mutual aid on the road, Amazon and Panhard 24 CT drivers. Later came RO 80 owners for obvious reasons. Happy days.
Old 28 Sep 2023, 09:08 (Ref:4178599)   #1449
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
When I initially looked at the photo and before I saw Chris' response, I immediately said in my mind "It's a Volvo"; I don't claim to having known the model or anything else about it, but it triggered a long lost memory.

I find it almost impossible to distinguish modern cars, and by that I probably mean anything created since the 80s and certainly not anything from this century!

Yet, as long as I've had enough coffee in the morning, these older European cars almost immediately trigger a memory from the dim and distant past. Is it purely because car manufacturers back then didn't each copy the shape, etc. of the competition? I often sit behind cars nowadays, and unless they have the manufacturers' name on the back, I have no clue whose it is. Yet something from 60 odd years ago, no problem; instant recognition!
Old 28 Sep 2023, 10:36 (Ref:4178609)   #1450
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
99% agreed, Mike. Don't forget inspiration like Volvo PV/Peugeot 203, Volvo Amazon/Peugeot 403 et al and many Farina's creations (Flaminia/404). I remember during a Classic Maroc Rallye one bloke crossing this wonderful country driving a Ferrari 250 GT/E being praised by locals persuaded to watch a Peugeot Coupé.