Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Mar 2023, 04:51 (Ref:4146546)   #1
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RSC23 R1 Newcastle 500

New Year, different cars.

Same cream rises to the top thus far !

Early days though.
Old 10 Mar 2023, 08:01 (Ref:4146553)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
P3 saw the first 24 cars covered by a second. And then Smith.
That can only be encouraging.

Of course its only practice but a few looked to be skittish and ragged enough to look like they were trying. No severely damaged cars at this stage.... nothing more than a bruised front bumper for Brown and a few missing their rear view mirror glassware.

It bodes well for a bid of excitement for us watching them trying the make the shootout in qualy tomorrow.

Have to say the cars look good though.
Old 10 Mar 2023, 08:14 (Ref:4146554)   #3
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to the weekend of racing.
Old 10 Mar 2023, 10:59 (Ref:4146572)   #4
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So far, so good!
Old 10 Mar 2023, 15:48 (Ref:4146619)   #5
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Gen 3 cars certainly look different with the squashed roof lines giving them that squat, brutish appearance reminiscent of the old Transam cars and they certainly handle differently by the looks of things having lost all that aero and some of the trick devices. Very early days I know but so far despite all the recent bickering and endless debates as to who has the advantage, the times are very close between Ford and GM although I guess Newcastle is hardly representative of things to come.
Old 11 Mar 2023, 09:38 (Ref:4146679)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
#97 and #88 Protested
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Mar 2023, 09:54 (Ref:4146682)   #7
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worth looking into.

I don't know the technical specifications, but maybe Supercars got this call wrong on Friday

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/03/10...at-protection/
Old 11 Mar 2023, 14:07 (Ref:4146691)   #8
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like it's going to be another 'easy' year for SVG. Wonder if DJR is going to raise its game but sadly, I feel this is beginning of the end of this team in the sharp end of the grid. Assume they'll play second fiddle to WAU and Tickford as far as Fords are concerned and with Mustangs seemingly slower than Chevs that might mean a tough battle to get regular Top 10 finishes.
Old 11 Mar 2023, 15:15 (Ref:4146695)   #9
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets see if Dry Ice makes the difference on Sunday
Old 11 Mar 2023, 22:01 (Ref:4146753)   #10
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a bizarre podium presentation at Newcastle, Mr VanGisbergen seemed to be dragging his feet getting to the presentation?
Old 11 Mar 2023, 22:27 (Ref:4146756)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
what an odd press conference

How big is the bet that Mr Van Gisbergen does not return next season?
Old 11 Mar 2023, 22:40 (Ref:4146758)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
888 Disqualified
Old 11 Mar 2023, 23:11 (Ref:4146760)   #13
Kingair
Veteran

Mr Feeney, did not seem impressed yesterday when SVG pushed past him in the first part of the race.
Old 12 Mar 2023, 01:12 (Ref:4146765)   #14
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Doesn't help that they designed a hot car he barely fits in
Old 12 Mar 2023, 06:30 (Ref:4146772)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Why are other drivers so scared to defend against SvG?
Old 12 Mar 2023, 08:26 (Ref:4146776)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
SvG grumpy at press conference after r2
Old 12 Mar 2023, 09:03 (Ref:4146779)   #17
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Where would he go? Retirement again?

He says he doesn’t like ovals. He could walk in to any GT program but seemed subdued with it all at the 12hr.

Hypercar? Rallying?
Old 12 Mar 2023, 09:23 (Ref:4146783)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Scuderia Alpha Tauri?
Old 12 Mar 2023, 09:41 (Ref:4146785)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R2 Press Conference

Given the exciting questions being put to the driver panel, was it really a bad thing that Mr Van Gisbergen remained schtum?
Old 12 Mar 2023, 09:47 (Ref:4146786)   #20
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't help but feel SVG is really a whimsical kid who often comes across as lacking a lot of respect for anyone. Quite sad but that seems true. He's an awesome driver but lacks class in my opinion.
Old 12 Mar 2023, 11:01 (Ref:4146790)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Can't help but feel SVG is really a whimsical kid who often comes across as lacking a lot of respect for anyone. Quite sad but that seems true. He's an awesome driver but lacks class in my opinion.
In Friday nights press conference Here Svg discussed various aspects of the Gen3 car and how some of the stated aims of the car don’t seem to have been met, and that it is excessively hot inside, and difficult to get in and out of.

Mr Kostecki made similar complaints.
Mr Mostert was more open and equally agreed

Thought police?
Old 12 Mar 2023, 17:52 (Ref:4146820)   #22
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of the camera shots on the grid and during Larkham's pre race videos really emphasize the cramped cockpit conditions which have been known for some considerable length of time so no great surprise that Red Bull had already addressed the problem with the additional helmet cooling. According to Jamie Whincup, Adrian Burgess approved the system but subsequently denied that he had given it the nod so it comes down to who you believe, what a shambles! I've seen drivers pulled out in a state of collapse at le Mans before the cooling was introduced, this issue should have been addressed long ago.
SVG and co won R1 fairly on the track and with a slight infringement which could be interpreted either way drove a cracking race for the win in R2 from a less than ideal grid position, you could argue that he nudged Mostert wide and be penalised accordingly but that doesn't detract from his overall driving skills.
Old 12 Mar 2023, 19:24 (Ref:4146830)   #23
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In Friday nights press conference Here Svg discussed various aspects of the Gen3 car and how some of the stated aims of the car don’t seem to have been met, and that it is excessively hot inside, and difficult to get in and out of.

Mr Kostecki made similar complaints.
Mr Mostert was more open and equally agreed

Thought police?
Mostert’s criticism was at least constructive, svg just acted like a sulky teenager all weekend, similar to how he seemed at the 12 hour
Old 12 Mar 2023, 21:34 (Ref:4146840)   #24
Kingair
Veteran

I suppose being disqualified from Race 1, that would leave you slightly peeved for the rest of the weekend!
Old 12 Mar 2023, 23:26 (Ref:4146849)   #25
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Need more forward vision then shrink the size of the top of screen advertising banner and lift the drivers seat up a bit..