Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 May 2023, 05:45 (Ref:4155134)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Dr Bob 2023 tour

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hockenheim 2023 Pots.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	77072
After all the success from last year 2023 has not been so good. We had DNF in the Marcos at Mugello "still on going".We then had to switch back to the trusty Elite for Autosport 3 Hour. Poor visibility with the heated screen not working so Robert wisely parked the car after 3 laps. Things got better at Masters Donington the following weekend and a class win " only car in that class ".
I then went to Goodwood with the Juniors for Members Meeting. Back to Donington to the Historic Festival and 3 hour race. We were going well and were a lap ahead of P2 in class after second pit stop. Robert started to get misfire so pitted to check out the engine " turned out to be points ". I sent him out to finish the race but we had to wait 5 mins in the pits as the rule is any stop has to be for that time. We dropped to P4 in class. "gutted ". Last weekend was Hockenheim and all went well. I have been to all the Jim Clark Meetings but not raced there for many years. Robert set the time in qualy and did the first half of the race setting very decent times .I did last 45 mins nice and steady and with a little scare 15 mins towards the end as the first tank ran dry. Lucky we had put 10 liters in reserve and got to the flag with another class win.Also took two juniors and they both had class podiums so very good weekend for Team Delta.Only down side of the weekend was my good friend Richard Bishop Miller got T boned and his car is a write off. He has few aches and pains and broken thumb.Such a top bloke and a real shame.
Quick turn round as we head of to Spa Wednesday to do Peter Auto.
It was Roberts Birthday Monday "yesterday ". Happy Birthday young man.See you Thursday for Pizza in Stavalote.
Old 9 May 2023, 06:18 (Ref:4155135)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for the update Iain and Happy Belated Birthday to Dr Bob.

Good luck for Peter Auto at Spa.

Go #149! https://www.dropbox.com/s/ayymi9r9n2...entry.pdf?dl=0

Event page : https://www.peterauto.fr/evenements/spa-classic/
Old 9 May 2023, 10:10 (Ref:4155170)   #3
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haha thanks guys ( non gender lol )
Old 9 May 2023, 16:47 (Ref:4155266)   #4
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=delta;4155134
It was Roberts Birthday Monday "yesterday ". Happy Birthday young man.See you Thursday for Pizza in Stavalote.[/QUOTE]

Totally admire the racing spirit, such an adventure. Good luck to the pair of you
Are you at the Masters at Brands?
Thanks EB for the links.

Last edited by justracing; 9 May 2023 at 17:05.
Old 10 May 2023, 12:47 (Ref:4155380)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Belated Happy Birthday Dr Bob.
Old 12 May 2023, 05:35 (Ref:4155637)   #6
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Attachment 77072
After all the success from last year 2023 has not been so good. We had DNF in the Marcos at Mugello "still on going".We then had to switch back to the trusty Elite for Autosport 3 Hour. Poor visibility with the heated screen not working so Robert wisely parked the car after 3 laps. Things got better at Masters Donington the following weekend and a class win " only car in that class ".
I then went to Goodwood with the Juniors for Members Meeting. Back to Donington to the Historic Festival and 3 hour race. We were going well and were a lap ahead of P2 in class after second pit stop. Robert started to get misfire so pitted to check out the engine " turned out to be points ". I sent him out to finish the race but we had to wait 5 mins in the pits as the rule is any stop has to be for that time. We dropped to P4 in class. "gutted ". Last weekend was Hockenheim and all went well. I have been to all the Jim Clark Meetings but not raced there for many years. Robert set the time in qualy and did the first half of the race setting very decent times .I did last 45 mins nice and steady and with a little scare 15 mins towards the end as the first tank ran dry. Lucky we had put 10 liters in reserve and got to the flag with another class win.Also took two juniors and they both had class podiums so very good weekend for Team Delta.Only down side of the weekend was my good friend Richard Bishop Miller got T boned and his car is a write off. He has few aches and pains and broken thumb.Such a top bloke and a real shame.
It was Roberts Birthday Monday "yesterday ". Happy Birthday young man.See you Thursday for Pizza in Stavalote.
Jolly good, another Taurus! We had two birthdays in the family also yesterday (one a sometime racer), a two-year old on the 10th, me rather older today, & my late father would have been on the 14th, as is my garage man! Quite a good week really. But is it because I am old I no longer get notifications??
Old 12 May 2023, 06:12 (Ref:4155639)   #7
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Jolly good, another Taurus! We had two birthdays in the family also yesterday (one a sometime racer), a two-year old on the 10th, me rather older today, & my late father would have been on the 14th, as is my garage man! Quite a good week really. But is it because I am old I no longer get notifications??
You are not that old John! It is listed on the forum home page as your birthday today, so I will take this opportunity to say
Old 12 May 2023, 06:44 (Ref:4155640)   #8
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
You are not that old John! It is listed on the forum home page as your birthday today, so I will take this opportunity to say
Oh yes I am! 71 today, but less than one year older than Delta... te he!

I know I am getting old when you are ex employer (Corgi) is re-issuing the toys I had as a child as retro models!

But anyway, thank you for your kind wishes.
Old 12 May 2023, 08:20 (Ref:4155646)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy birthday John.
Old 12 May 2023, 09:26 (Ref:4155656)   #10
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Happy birthday John.
Merci beaucoup, Peter.
Old 12 May 2023, 15:02 (Ref:4155712)   #11
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
OMG, nearly missed this one! Unforgivable. Bon et heureux anniversaire a vous, John Elwin! Drinks on the house if the roof is in good condition!
Old 12 May 2023, 16:09 (Ref:4155727)   #12
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Happy Birthday John.

And a belated Happy birthday to Dr. Bob.

So many around this time of year I completely lose track of them.
Old 12 May 2023, 16:22 (Ref:4155728)   #13
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Merci & thank you Gerard & Grant.

My roof is in very good condition but I don't think I want to go up there for a drink - far too wet today anyway!

Oh yes, I should have wished Br Bob a belated Happy Birthday too. Hopefully Delta will buy him an extra kwossant & some Woopy frites in Spa.
Old 12 May 2023, 17:35 (Ref:4155736)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I think kwossant are called pistolet over there… Well, when they dont bend the kwossant!
Old 12 May 2023, 21:18 (Ref:4155752)   #15
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Well Happy Birthday, young John (as I'm a year and a bit ahead of you ) hope its been a good day.

Old 13 May 2023, 12:51 (Ref:4155838)   #16
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Well Happy Birthday, young John (as I'm a year and a bit ahead of you ) hope its been a good day.

Thanks Lancs!
Old 13 May 2023, 12:53 (Ref:4155839)   #17
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I think kwossant are called pistolet over there… Well, when they dont bend the kwossant!
My French chef tells me you are wrong! She says a 'pistolet' is a baguette.