Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 28 May 2023, 20:29 (Ref:4158591)   #501
rika
Racer

rika should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
What last minute change of rule are you on about? Can you reference A SINGLE RULE that was violated, article and section please

Comentators said they should have done extra lap behind safety car after red like they have done all race.
So that was last-minute change, no?

If rules are like that or if they do it always then they should not change that I think.
Old 28 May 2023, 20:29 (Ref:4158592)   #502
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Only 365 more days till Rahal gets the win.
He’ll be second. Behind Stingy.

He was robbed this year, but Stingy will take what he learned and come back stronger.
Old 28 May 2023, 20:32 (Ref:4158594)   #503
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
What last minute change of rule are you on about? Can you reference A SINGLE RULE that was violated, article and section please
Can't quote but that's the first ever IndyCar restart I've seen with no "warmup" lap.
Old 28 May 2023, 20:33 (Ref:4158595)   #504
rika
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Is there a hard-and-fast rule for restarts in Indycar (a quick Google doesn't suggest so)? It's not hard to see why they want to end a race under green if at all possible.

Don't know, I have a F1 Masi feeling right now.
Old 28 May 2023, 20:34 (Ref:4158596)   #505
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It surprised me.

With any luck we can have a court case.
Old 28 May 2023, 20:34 (Ref:4158597)   #506
rika
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Can't quote but that's the first ever IndyCar restart I've seen with no "warmup" lap.

Yes that i what I was meaning but you said it better
Old 28 May 2023, 20:35 (Ref:4158598)   #507
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rika View Post
Don't know, I have a F1 Masi feeling right now.
I get that, but without going into it too much, in that situation, a precedent was set that was then broken. I don't think that's the case here.
Old 28 May 2023, 20:36 (Ref:4158600)   #508
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Why was there no "warmup" lap?
Old 28 May 2023, 20:42 (Ref:4158602)   #509
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Why was there no "warmup" lap?
So AJ Foyt could win?

Old 28 May 2023, 20:45 (Ref:4158603)   #510
rika
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
So AJ Foyt could win?

Odd answer, I think?

I have another, also odd probably.
So Chip Ganassi would NOT win?

I do not know why but I find it strange they did that and I think unfair then, no?
Old 28 May 2023, 20:51 (Ref:4158605)   #511
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Odd answer, I think?

I have another, also odd probably.
So Chip Ganassi would NOT win?

I do not know why but I find it strange they did that and I think unfair then, no?
Yeah cause Indy hates Chip Ganassi. Dude if you want to stretch for things try reality

I think they offer the warm up if needed but aren't required to. They likely went with quicker turn around and cars were still ready to go so they went "short red" over multiple laps. But I don't think given no response from anyone that there's anything close to a rule requiring a warm up lap
Old 28 May 2023, 20:52 (Ref:4158606)   #512
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Comentators said they should have done extra lap behind safety car after red like they have done all race.
The Indy 502.5??
Old 28 May 2023, 20:54 (Ref:4158607)   #513
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
So AJ Foyt could win?

Possibly, or maybe so Honda couldn't win.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 28 May 2023 at 21:04.
Old 28 May 2023, 20:54 (Ref:4158608)   #514
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Masi stuff is hilarious. Shows no one is a lawyer here, there was zero precedent as the situation was not a copy of any other given the particulars under the rule. If it ain't exact it ain't a precedent is fairly common ruling, thus no real appeals there with any footing

Same thing here, doing one thing does not make a precedent. It may make a policy but unless the rule states xxxx, they can do anything under the rule without being in violation. It's fairly simple, see ZERO complaints from the teams on the radio of why no warm up lap
Old 28 May 2023, 20:56 (Ref:4158609)   #515
rika
Racer

Quote:
Yeah cause Indy hates Chip Ganassi. Dude if you want to stretch for things try reality

I am not dude !

But I was just giving stupid answer like Adam.
He does not know and I do not know.

Probably you do not know also?

I think no body really know at this moment?

I do not know think if they do things suddenly different from all other red flags during same race then that is strange. And not really fair?
Old 28 May 2023, 20:57 (Ref:4158610)   #516
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Odd answer, I think?
I thought so.

Quote:
I am not dude !

I do not know think if they do things suddenly different from all other red flags during same race then that is strange. And not really fair?
But you are accusing race control of fixing the race, or at least doing it wrong, no?

I’ve not seen before, but I don’t know the rule. I am putting the responsibility to know on those making the accusations.

Although I do think the race win was deserved (although not the only driver who did). And I’m not willing to take away from the win. That’s unfair in my opinion.

Last edited by Adam43; 28 May 2023 at 21:05.
Old 28 May 2023, 21:02 (Ref:4158612)   #517
rika
Racer

No accusing no but just saying they did other than what they the whole time.
And this strange and for me feels not fair?

Is it fair for you?

Also commentators said that was very strange .

Also others have said the same, that it was different last time restart.
So they also found it strange, no?
Old 28 May 2023, 21:05 (Ref:4158613)   #518
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It’s fine, no?
Old 28 May 2023, 21:08 (Ref:4158615)   #519
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I am not dude !

Dude is an expression not a gender but ok, I'm go with more gender neutral numb nuts if that's better.

Given I've seen Indy RC do all manner of things I don't pretend to believe in the expert. I'll go with there was no crying, throwing of tantrums or confusion by those in the series so no, warm up is not required. Seems fairly simple that NO ONE has said anything about why no warm up from a team, relying on commentary team seems odd no? They don't make the rules, rarely are in a position to have been team management and couldn't agree about if a tire crossed the line or out of control. The rule supposedly reads control and not out of the box at all. And there is warning written on the rule so they weren't outside the rules at all there
Old 28 May 2023, 21:13 (Ref:4158616)   #520
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
At this impasse we should probably leave it. Until we have anything new to go on.

Well done everyone in the race and also we had some nice luck with that tire today, which is probably the main takeaway.
Old 28 May 2023, 21:13 (Ref:4158617)   #521
rika
Racer

I think no need to call me or someone dude and numb nut and things like that?
Is that needed and I deserve that?

I do not like that so please stop that!
Old 28 May 2023, 21:18 (Ref:4158619)   #522
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't really buy any conspiracies but the red flags late in the race made for a complete shat product for what was up to that point, an enjoyable event.
Old 28 May 2023, 21:20 (Ref:4158621)   #523
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
He’ll be second. Behind Stingy.

He was robbed this year, but Stingy will take what he learned and come back stronger.
Did you see his interview? Seemed odd for someone in his position, or maybe I just don't fully appreciate the Rays greatness? I mean he obviously would be fighting for the championship if he was with Ganassi or Penske right?
Old 28 May 2023, 21:21 (Ref:4158624)   #524
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I don't really buy any conspiracies but the red flags late in the race made for a complete shat product for what was up to that point, an enjoyable event.
Agree, and the most disappointing thing to me is that Pato (my favorite driver) was the one who set it all off. Probably would have been a green finish if he didn't push the issue there. Glad he didn't take anyone out with him though
Old 28 May 2023, 21:27 (Ref:4158626)   #525
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Agree, and the most disappointing thing to me is that Pato (my favorite driver) was the one who set it all off. Probably would have been a green finish if he didn't push the issue there. Glad he didn't take anyone out with him though
And iirc, PatO kinda blamed Marcus for pushing him into the grass. Sorry, mate. You were the aggressor and like you say, glad he didn't take Marcus out with him, even tho he said he'd do it the next time.