Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Jan 2006, 17:01 (Ref:1512847)   #51
JFW
Racer

JFW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
risk

Its too risky,

no chance, nope not even a little bit.

Sorry, next............
Old 31 Jan 2006, 17:03 (Ref:1512848)   #52
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Al, you could start off by charging your daughters...... if you are really brave
Old 31 Jan 2006, 17:27 (Ref:1512867)   #53
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I am not taliking about them paying half, just a little help out or even a helping hand on the day and with preparation, so it is OK for the F1 to do it at God knows how many mph and Rally drivers inches from the nearest Oak tree and sidecar racers scraping their bums on the tarmac at 150mph but no one else, yeah figures Ok I am barmy! Oh the girls will be paying (NOT!!!)
Old 31 Jan 2006, 17:45 (Ref:1512888)   #54
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say I have never understood why anyone would want to be a passenger in the Minardi's - it would be my idea of hell
navigators are an essential part of a rally team
I rather fear that this is an idea that is somewhat stillborn - sorry!
Old 31 Jan 2006, 19:18 (Ref:1512958)   #55
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Think out of the box people where is your sense of adventure :-). And are navigators really neccessary in this computer/sat nav age?
Old 31 Jan 2006, 19:40 (Ref:1512972)   #56
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
navs are essential for rally driver still I think

I can see some people might want to ride passenger, but if your capable of driving you'd rather do that, if your not, you'd probably need the assistance of a good nurse after a few laps with most of us !!!
Old 31 Jan 2006, 21:56 (Ref:1513062)   #57
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I've never been a biker but I'd love to have some laps on a racing sidecar....
Old 1 Feb 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1513780)   #58
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very cheap indeed. I'll be there first thing monday morning.

I've just been working out the per-hour cost of running my little baby, and I'm scared, very scared.

Rob.
Old 2 Feb 2006, 08:25 (Ref:1514030)   #59
daj
Racer

daj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ha.ha , You never want to do that, My friend who used to drag race worked out how much for the time spent racing, I kid you not he never raced again from that night!!
Old 2 Feb 2006, 10:45 (Ref:1514130)   #60
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
You took the words out of my keyboard daj! You can really wind yourself up for sure if you do too much bean counting which is why I think Peter has the right approach. It is meant to be for fun and it is his call and if he want to offer a drive to a pal at a reasonable price then go for it.

Also with all these calculations being banded about and massive breakdowns of costs and charges you would like to make to a co-driver (which to be honest I think will put many off) what about any sponsorship you may have obtained previous to this, I have seen no one put this into the equation. Also for a one off shared drive maybe this would be a better proposition, the co-driver may be in a position to sponsor you via his company for the race and get a drive in with the deal. Certainly help his tax situation as long as it was not broadcast he was driving and thereby had a vested interest.
Old 2 Feb 2006, 15:59 (Ref:1514304)   #61
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'm more likely to get invited to the Palace for tea than I am to get sponsored !!!

good idea though . . .Company sponsors you and the boss drives, except most bosses I know struggle to get to work in an automatic beemer, I wouldn't let them anywhere near a race car, even an old slow one !!!
Old 2 Feb 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1514478)   #62
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
You'ed let me though surely Zef. I am sure I could handle the power :-).
Old 2 Feb 2006, 23:25 (Ref:1514551)   #63
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>>I'm more likely to get invited to the Palace for tea than I am to get sponsored !!!

I've been to the Palace for tea (well, gin & tonic), so can I have my sponsorship cheque now please Zef!!!
Old 3 Feb 2006, 08:47 (Ref:1514635)   #64
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
You'ed let me though surely Zef. I am sure I could handle the power :-).
I'd have to fit an autobox so you don't trash my clutch
Old 3 Feb 2006, 10:28 (Ref:1514689)   #65
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In my experience they have paid when it is is clearly laid out why it is that cost. Its simple - if they dont the car doesnt race as I am subsidizing them!!!!
Old 3 Feb 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1515067)   #66
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thats fair enough as well.