Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Sep 2009, 04:05 (Ref:2541671)   #1
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Victorian State Racing Series Forum Sept.26

For Victorian participants here, the final round of the CAMS Victorian State Circuit Racing Championships will be held at Phillip Island on Sept. 26-27.
On the Saturday night "In Pit Lane" will be staging "The State of the State" a live "In Pit Lane" special at the "All Seasons Eco-Resort" at Phillip Island.
Everybody is invited but we are especially looking for expressions of interest from relevant people or groups to appear as a part of the panel that night.
A representative of the State Series Management will be there and representatives of categories, drivers and volunteer marshals are invited to take part.
A representative of CAMS was invited but apparently "no one is available that weekend due to commitments at the Singapore GP"
The forum will also feature questions and comment from the floor.
The 1 hour show will be recorded for later transmission on C31 but will also be streamed live on the net from 7.30 pm on Saturday September 26.
Link details available closer to the day.
If anyone is interested PM me here.
Thanks
Brett
Old 20 Sep 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2544273)   #2
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brett, what about the other State Series ?

I'm sure none of the alternative sanctioning body will be busy in Singapore; perhaps they can pitch the proposed 2010 co-joined series ?
Old 20 Sep 2009, 13:32 (Ref:2544301)   #3
inpitlane
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post
Brett, what about the other State Series ?

I'm sure none of the alternative sanctioning body will be busy in Singapore; perhaps they can pitch the proposed 2010 co-joined series ?
They're more than welcome. If they're willing and able to come down there's a place on the panel for them.
We're after anybody with a stake in State Racing, hopefully a fair dinkum co-ordinated professionally run state series can happen next year.
If anybody from the AASA want to have their say contact me either here via PM or at theshow@inpitlane.com
It's one of the subjects we want to discuss.
We're still looking for more competitor input as well, let's face it it the competitors that should be the main stakeholders in this.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 13:19 (Ref:2545002)   #4
XR8Chic
Rookie

Australia
Vic
XR8Chic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm - no one from CAMS was available to be at the island this weekend?? I guess the CAMS National Historic Manager wasn't asked - She is competing this weekend - so she will be there anyway.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 00:36 (Ref:2545594)   #5
applecart
Rookie

applecart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Brett, great idea - anything to get more discussion and publicity for state and club level motorsport gets a big tick in my book. I assume anyone can turn up to be "live audience", BYO six-pack and pizza for crew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane View Post
A representative of the State Series Management will be there
When you say this, are you refering to State Race Inc.? I hope you can attract the likes of M.Holloway or G.Bull - that would be entertaining

Quote:
We're still looking for more competitor input as well, let's face it it the competitors that should be the main stakeholders in this.
Is there a competitors/drivers association in Victoria Brett? I have friends that are involved with the QRDA (QLD Racing Drivers Association) and im pretty sure there is something similar in SA/NSW and possibly even WA, but ive never heard anything about something along these lines in Victoria. Perhaps it is time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8Chic View Post
Hmmm - no one from CAMS was available to be at the island this weekend?? I guess the CAMS National Historic Manager wasn't asked
Because of course, State Championship Racing is very closely associated with National Historics he/she would obviously be the logical choice?
Old 22 Sep 2009, 01:05 (Ref:2545602)   #6
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
dumbrell_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by applecart View Post
Because of course, State Championship Racing is very closely associated with National Historics he/she would obviously be the logical choice?
Or was the Victorian Sport & Club Development Officer from CAMS asked also?
Old 22 Sep 2009, 01:25 (Ref:2545611)   #7
applecart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbrell_fan View Post
well that certainly sounds like a more suitable person to be representing CAMS by attending this type of forum than a facilitator for Historic Motor Racing (wtf?!)

can someone clarify the way everything works in victoria, im only familiar with QLD setup. My understanding is that CAMS have assigned the responsibility of running the state championship to state race inc., an organisation which is basically made up of members from the likes of PIARC, MG, Mini, ASSA etc. clubs? Or is state race inc made up of members from each category that races in Victoria?
Old 22 Sep 2009, 02:28 (Ref:2545627)   #8
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
well that certainly sounds like a more suitable person to be representing CAMS by attending this type of forum than a facilitator for Historic Motor Racing (wtf?!)

can someone clarify the way everything works in victoria, im only familiar with QLD setup. My understanding is that CAMS have assigned the responsibility of running the state championship to state race inc., an organisation which is basically made up of members from the likes of PIARC, MG, Mini, ASSA etc. clubs? Or is state race inc made up of members from each category that races in Victoria?
Applecart, I'm quite sure the person being referred to is Rebecca Drummond, who is a saloon car competitor, and simply by chance is also the CAMS National Historic Manager.

With regard to State Race Inc, not sure if the minorities get a say. Perhaps their entry fees just boost the coffers of the big boys ?
Old 22 Sep 2009, 02:32 (Ref:2545629)   #9
inpitlane
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbrell_fan View Post
Yes they were the people invited but the response from Sara at CAMS was this:
Quote:
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you regarding the live show from Phillip Island on 26 September but I had to wait for a few key people to get back from Rally Australia to discuss who we can send.

Unfortunately due to commitments in Singapore that same week, there will be no one available to discuss state motor sport.
They did offer a pre-record but one it doesn't make for good live television, and more importantly it doesn't allow for questioning from the audience which is what this is all about.

The invitation remains open though to anybody from CAMS or indeed AASA to make themselves available on the night.

And for those interested yes everyone is welcome to attend there will be catering on the night and drinks are available.
We're hoping to show Singapore GP Qualifying on the big screen straight afterwards (all the better to spot CAMS people in the crowd)
Old 22 Sep 2009, 02:37 (Ref:2545630)   #10
inpitlane
Veteran

IN PIT LANE Vic Forum Live Streaming

Not sure if I mentioned this before but the forum will (fingers crossed) be streamed live on the net at http://rmitv.org/webtv
We are working towards streaming the regular Tuesday night live show on that site as well but there's heaps of legal hassles,
We hope to have some good news on that front pretty soon.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 02:45 (Ref:2545633)   #11
applecart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post
Applecart, I'm quite sure the person being referred to is Rebecca Drummond, who is a saloon car competitor, and simply by chance is also the CAMS National Historic Manager.

With regard to State Race Inc, not sure if the minorities get a say. Perhaps their entry fees just boost the coffers of the big boys ?
Thanks for the info Rachel. I sincerely hope that is not true regarding the coffers...but i agree with your questioning!

P.S. It is a pleasing to know that there is still someone at CAMS that actually enjoys motor sport and actually participates - kudos to her.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 03:06 (Ref:2545643)   #12
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Is there a competitors/drivers association in Victoria Brett? I have friends that are involved with the QRDA (QLD Racing Drivers Association) and im pretty sure there is something similar in SA/NSW and possibly even WA, but ive never heard anything about something along these lines in Victoria. Perhaps it is time?

:

It might be better if you did some asking before sprouting off on something you clearly know nothing about.
Victoria has a very active well organised competitor group and has had for years.Every competitor is effectively represented.
The Victorian Championship is not some mickey mouse show--it is run extremely well and at a very high standard--so please spare me in the comparison with some of the States mentioned.
The "other" championship-it has all been said before.The people concerned know waht is required to be included. In fact-some categories championships award points form different series -- that is THE CHAMPIONSHIP to those categories.
Re the thread title and some of the presumptions of some posters-- with all due respect to Brett--- race meetings are a terrible time to hold any "meeting" -- nearly all the relevent people are flat stick from early in the morning and there is no time.It is impossible to be everywhere -thats it.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 03:17 (Ref:2545647)   #13
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

To indulge you--mmmmm-
The 5 clubs -(4 mentioned plus MSCA) own State inc. The categories have a representative (non voting) delegate to represent them.
In addition--the category clubs have a collective organisation .

After each meeting there is a de-brief meeting of the collective( anyone is welcome to attend--including In Pit Lane- he has previously been there and on occasions addressed the meetings).
It is a fairly democratic process ( not without flaws) that has seen giant progress made in many respects in theState Series.. FWIW--some of the alternatives thrown about are far less responsive( please do not bother with the high horse)to competitor groups and their representatives.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2545757)   #14
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I am told at least two members (if not more) of the organising groups are confirmed to attend
Old 22 Sep 2009, 08:39 (Ref:2545759)   #15
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
Re the thread title and some of the presumptions of some posters-- with all due respect to Brett--- race meetings are a terrible time to hold any "meeting" -- nearly all the relevent people are flat stick from early in the morning and there is no time.It is impossible to be everywhere -thats it.
Well said Silver it is hard to get everyone together at a race meeting but it is hard enough at other times so kudos to Brett for trying...can only hope there is a reasonable turn out!
Old 24 Sep 2009, 15:28 (Ref:2547390)   #16
inpitlane
Veteran

New web streaming details

Things are looking good for Saturday night. We have way more people wanting to appear and have their say than we can possibly fit in.
Hey Rachel, haven't heard from any AASA guys yet but there's a spot on the table for them if they want to come down.
There's several carloads of equipment on the way down to the Island as we speak and three days of hardwork ahead.
We still haven't been given the full details of the web stream access on rmitv.org/webtv so as a fall back we will be screening the show live from the All Seasons Eco-Resort at 7.30 AEST on Saturday night on justin.tv/inpitlane.
The two shows will also be recorded for screening later on C31.
We're hoping all goes well as we've invested a huge amount of time in this and the logistics of building a complete broadcast studio at a remote location is massive.
So if you're coming down the Island this weekend come and see us.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2549582)   #17
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Hey Brett, will you be putting this up for podcast?
Old 28 Sep 2009, 10:53 (Ref:2549629)   #18
inpitlane
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullett View Post
Hey Brett, will you be putting this up for podcast?
Yeah as soon as I can get a copy for myself, it was recorded straight to disk but in a bizarre Windows only format so it needs to be transcoded and edited.
The web stream didn't happen cause the guy with the equipment was stranded in Grand Final traffic and at 7.00 pm he hadn't even reached Dandenong.
In regard to what was said on the panel, everbody was very upbeat but the sad thing for me was the lack of forward planning.
Despite the best intentions of everybody when I asked about long term planning and especially marketing and promotion the place went pretty quiet.
Michael Stillwell certainly had plans in the right direction though but you still get the impression that all the different parties are all still happily pulling in their own direction without any concept of the bigger picture.
Overall though the series is in reasonable shape but the whole CAMS v ASSA nonsense needs to be totally ignored and the full focus needs to be put on a combined series whatever the hell it's called.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 08:36 (Ref:2550320)   #19
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Yeah as soon as I can get a copy for myself, it was recorded straight to disk but in a bizarre Windows only format so it needs to be transcoded and edited.
The web stream didn't happen cause the guy with the equipment was stranded in Grand Final traffic and at 7.00 pm he hadn't even reached Dandenong.
In regard to what was said on the panel, everbody was very upbeat but the sad thing for me was the lack of forward planning.
Despite the best intentions of everybody when I asked about long term planning and especially marketing and promotion the place went pretty quiet.
Michael Stillwell certainly had plans in the right direction though but you still get the impression that all the different parties are all still happily pulling in their own direction without any concept of the bigger picture.
Overall though the series is in reasonable shape but the whole CAMS v ASSA nonsense needs to be totally ignored and the full focus needs to be put on a combined series whatever the hell it's called.
Yes Brett, I was in attendance at the show but there are some people I was speaking to on Sunday who would be interested in viewing it. I was surprised how un controversial you were! I agree with your views but I think one of the category reps from the category group (I think they are Barbour and Herlihy?) should have been on as opposed to ahhhh one who was fairly average...but thats not for me to choose! Well done in getting it happening and maybe doing one at Sandown where more members are generally available might get a better response...
Old 30 Sep 2009, 22:37 (Ref:2551567)   #20
TOOTHFAIRY
Rookie

TOOTHFAIRY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VICTORIAN STATE RACING SERIES FORUM SEPT 26

Hi All, As the independant representative of the Competitors board, I was not made aware of the forum until I saw Brett posing Bill's around the pit area on Saturday. The Victorian State Race Series has a MOST STRONG competitor board, that is very active, hence we have a very successful series with record breaking numbers this year despite the economic downturn. We enjoy a very strong bond of all catagorys working towards improving all facits of the series, to benefit both competitors, officials, and the veiwing public. As competitors we donot have a problem with the ASSA/CAMS, mix we see the series as a RACERS series and we are lucky enough to run at 3 different tracks, with absolutley no dramas, at a resonable cost to the competitor, something that is quiet unique any where in the World little lone Australia. Try racing O/S for an entry fee below $400, that won't buy the tea and biscuits little lone your entry fee. I did discuss with Messers Stillwell, and Herlihy, the meeting on Saturday. Mr Stillwell, was the only rep available, as I had sponsor commitments, for my son in Melbourne, and Mike H was C/Course at Rob Roy on Sunday. So due to not being formally invited we could not cancell previous arrangments. I must say I don't think Brett Knows me and he certainly doesn't give the 2 catagorys we race in much recignition. But all competitors rest assurred you have strong catagory reps, an increasingly active Competitors Board, who will be ramping up their involvement 2fold in 2010.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 03:03 (Ref:2551640)   #21
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
welcome Toothfairy and thanks for the post