Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the Chinese Grand Prix?
10 0 0%
9 3 6.12%
8 18 36.73%
7 15 30.61%
6 9 18.37%
5 2 4.08%
4 1 2.04%
3 1 2.04%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Apr 2016, 07:21 (Ref:3633642)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Chinese Grand Prix 2016

What score do you give the Chinese Grand Prix?
Old 17 Apr 2016, 07:46 (Ref:3633647)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll go first and say what everyone is thinking. Typical F1 race. Boring. Awful Tilkedome. Same winner again driving a car better than the rest and we all know why! 2/10, like last time.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 08:15 (Ref:3633657)   #3
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Above average race. Mercedes having a bittersweet day. Great to see Red Bull back mixing it up again
Old 17 Apr 2016, 08:20 (Ref:3633659)   #4
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
9. Fantastic edge-of-the-seat race.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 08:50 (Ref:3633666)   #5
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7. Partial excitement, nothing more...Let's move on.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 09:18 (Ref:3633679)   #6
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fights throughout the field from the first lap till the last.. sadly not for the 1st spot but other than that.. i gave it an 8
Old 17 Apr 2016, 09:23 (Ref:3633684)   #7
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it 6 for lots of passing, although the race never really got me excited. So much of the passing happened very straight forward through DRS which seems absolutely unnecessairy with so many long straights for slipstreaming.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 11:17 (Ref:3633736)   #8
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was pretty good.

Plenty of people being out of position and coming back through the field.

Only one safety car.

Different tyre strategies.

No retirements or shunts, (good or bad?)

All in all enough to keep you interested.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 13:12 (Ref:3633860)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fairly exciting stuff for the first 17 laps or so, then the race settled down, interspersed with a few battles, DRS overtaking and tyre stops. Might have been a lot different if Ricciardo hadn't had that puncture and the Ferraris hadn't tangled on the opening lap.

Old 17 Apr 2016, 15:52 (Ref:3634000)   #10
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I feel a bit of a miserable git, but I only gave it 7. For my own personal experience of watching the race, the mixed strategies resulting from both the 3 compound tyre rule and the numerous stops for new noses made it very difficult to follow the progress of the race. I'm sorry to say it, because I would have complained far more if it had been boring and processional.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 16:58 (Ref:3634083)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Thanks to several frontrunners having problems in first lap it was an entertaining race.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 17:16 (Ref:3634103)   #12
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tja View Post
Gave it 6 for lots of passing, although the race never really got me excited. So much of the passing happened very straight forward through DRS which seems absolutely unnecessairy with so many long straights for slipstreaming.
Yep. ^This. It had its moments. Would have been good, if Danny and Nico could have had a proper fight for the lead, but wasn't to be. I'll give it a 6 as well.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 20:26 (Ref:3634193)   #13
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
At times it was like an old fashioned Formula Ford race out there. The directer was spoilt for choice in showing the battles. Loses a point because we never got a decent fight for the lead.

3 good races in a row now.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 23:27 (Ref:3634240)   #14
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was a good race, all things considered. It lost a lot with the Ferrari's coming together on the first corner and Ricciardo's blow out. It could have really fizzled out from there, but Vettel, Raikonnen and Hamilton coming back through the field, combined with the general midfield jostling for position, resulted in decent viewing.

I'm really loving F1 at the moment. A boring, win from the front race, with no battles will be a huge shock to the system.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 02:40 (Ref:3634272)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Average race with a pass on pit entry.

Old 18 Apr 2016, 03:53 (Ref:3634287)   #16
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Gave it a 6, epic front wing carnage, millions of dollars put into bringing us a show.

Some really good overtaking, but it still looks like playstation.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 13:04 (Ref:3634425)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
An average modern-day F1 race. Having spent the weekend watching 'another' race, the contrived nature of F1 racing leaves me colder than ever. 6.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 13:16 (Ref:3634430)   #18
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 great to see so many big guns having to fight up through the field.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 14:13 (Ref:3634446)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8 for me as well. thought it was an excellent race, held my attention, and was a lot of fun.

of course it would have been better if there was more pressure up front but a couple of great recovery drives, and lots of battles up and down made it a thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 15:53 (Ref:3634481)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Great race so gets an 8
Old 18 Apr 2016, 19:39 (Ref:3634574)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I gave this race a 6 ...
Average race on a not very inspiring track ..
Old 19 Apr 2016, 01:02 (Ref:3634674)   #22
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I gave this race a 6 ...
I"ve Been following F1 since the 1950's'.
If that was "only average" what period are you calculating the average over?
Let's be honest the organisation, governance and administration of F1 might be a disaster at present but the general standard of the racing is as good as it has ever been.
Gave it an 8
Old 19 Apr 2016, 01:34 (Ref:3634679)   #23
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I gave this race a 6 ...
What's wrong with the track?
Old 19 Apr 2016, 01:42 (Ref:3634683)   #24
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
What's wrong with the track?
If I may Jeremy:

It is soulless

Old 19 Apr 2016, 02:54 (Ref:3634688)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Soulless is a good way to describe what's going on at this Grand Prix, it's just pretending to be a success ..
I don't intend to be negative because most of the places we visit are great, just not this one ..