Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 8 Dec 2007, 12:01 (Ref:2084257)   #201
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmciau
"Villeneuve eyes Cup in 2008"

JV in 2008 will be focussed on 2008 until the next sexy Grid-girl walks past the Pits!!

He's on the decline as a frontrunner

Mike
Eh? He's been married for quite some time, with a boy who has just turned one about two months ago. He'll be focussed. He has a family to support.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 05:47 (Ref:2088450)   #202
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not
LOL, where is there a better place. Stick around and have some fun next season with Nascar. The drivers and teams really are a lot of fun to discuss and the racing is pretty darn good. In particular, watch Bristol and Darlington races.
If I can be motivated enough to buy the set-top box, I just might!

On a related note, my brother in law just came back from a trip to the States and, knowing that I love my motorsport, brought back a Dale Jnr "Budweiser" cap. I still had to look up the Nascar website to work out the driver to which it belonged, though.
Old 11 Jan 2008, 01:09 (Ref:2103907)   #203
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Villeneuve may be only running a partial schedule now. The team will try the first 5 races and see where they are in the points standings. If they are running well and in the top-35 they will probably continue to run the remainder of the races.

I don't believe his team has found a sponsor yet either so he may be the same boat as Franchitti.

J.D.
Old 26 Jan 2008, 12:55 (Ref:2113927)   #204
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Vileneuve and Pollock part company
Jacques Villeneuve and his long-time manager Craig Pollock are splitting after disagreeing over how to handle the driver's affairs, autosport.com has learned.

Villeneuve's car ran with UNICEF livery at most of those events, as efforts to raise a full budget didn't come to fruition. Pollock was then linked with a buy-out of BDR but after months of negotiations his bid was unsuccessful.

In an interview with Le Journal de Montreal, Villeneuve said that Pollock's personal life had steered them in different directions.

"Craig has a new wife and he seems to want to concentrate on his new family life which will be centered in Europe," said Villeneuve. "As a newlywed and new father myself, I can understand he wants to focus on his family life.

"For my part, I chose to base myself here, in Canada, with my family, in order to pursue my career as a NASCAR driver. It's going well so far with Bill Davis Racing. I want to concentrate on it and do my things here."

Bill Davis Racing are currently trying to raise the budget that will allow Villeneuve to complete the full Sprint Cup season this year.

Sources close to the situation claim that they have already raised almost two thirds of it, with just a couple of weeks to go before the season-opening Daytona 500, leading to suggestions that Villeneuve would even have to finance part of his drive.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64861

Any rumours about sponspors? I assume Sonax will one of them.
Old 26 Jan 2008, 13:21 (Ref:2113939)   #205
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dunno Fire. Not so easy for these open wheelers to crack this sport, JPM's performance last year notwithstanding.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 23:46 (Ref:2117416)   #206
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
JV's official website says nothing about the split with Craig Pollock and quotes Bill Davis as saying that they are exploring options regarding sponsorship of JV's entry in the Sprint Cup for 2008.

Intriguing.

JV has known Craig Pollock since he was a boy, and some might say that the split has occurred too late (for example, if it was 6-7 years ago, JV may have left BAR and gone to McLaren when the rumoured opportunity arose).

JV has confirmed the split, however, according to this article from Autosport:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64873