Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 17 Feb 2011, 21:00 (Ref:2832956)   #251
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kubica is a win or bin type driver.

Quick Nick will quietly pick up podiums & points.

Petrov on the other hand brings several million dollars that can be spent on designing a damn quick car for the lead driver to work with & generally can himself be relied on to bring it to the finish (and therefore with points for 10th, often in the points).

Alonso claimed to bring half a second to the team - Petrov can double that claim.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 21:05 (Ref:2832958)   #252
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlaprecord View Post
Please note that I attack your posts and under no circumtances your person. When I pointed out that Heidfeld actually scored more points while partnering Kubica and finished with a draw as far as qualifyings, your argument was "yea, but Kubica was a rookie" When i pointed out that they had 56 GP's together and Heidfeld did actually beat him during their 3rd season also , your argument was "yea, but Kubica didnt like the tires that season"... you have to see that these are just very poor arguments, and of course it's hard not to attack them, in the meanwhile however, I fully belive that no debate over any sports should ever get personal, so just focus on the arguments and the arguments only, cheers.
Good rational arguments - keep up the good work!
Old 17 Feb 2011, 21:08 (Ref:2832960)   #253
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
You've got him down to a t.

Not as if you never patronise anyone!
Old 17 Feb 2011, 21:13 (Ref:2832963)   #254
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
[mod comment]It seems the saying is nine wrongs make a right!
Lets just discuss the topic, drop the post style analysis, the chips, and the begging of pardons.

Please PM an admin or mod if you wish to discuss further rather than continue to ruin the thread. Leave those who want to discuss the topic alone.

Lets get back on track rather than making the accident worse [/mod]

Last edited by Adam43; 17 Feb 2011 at 21:19.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2832978)   #255
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I haven't posted on this yet, well other than in the Rally crash thread.

Heidfeld's signing does seem a fairly sensible and straightforward decision based on experience and his pace at the recent test. There wasn't any other real options on those grounds, DLA isn't quick enough and Liuzzi is way too crash prone no matter how quick he still potentially is and Kimi would be an expensive risk.

I'm not sure the comparison between Heidlfeld and Kubica is relevant at the moment but it's clear from their previous time together that one was a bit quicker and one was a bit more consistent, but ultimately not a lot between them. Whether we ever get to see another chapter in that story is another thing.

What Heidfeld has to hope for this year is that he is able to do a Rosberg or Tambay and come in from the wilderness, make the most of a golden opportunity and challenge for wins and the title.

That will be difficult because Renault are unlikely to be regular front runners and we still don't know if this new car is even any good, so Nick may simply end up a glorified development driver, treading water for a (hopeful) Kubica return.

One things for sure, his reputation can only improve, he has nothing to lose. If it doesn't work out then he'll only end up in the same position as he was in a week ago.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 21:45 (Ref:2832991)   #256
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I agree that Kubica's the better driver, but last season's points system seriously upped his overall points tally and although the Renault was a lot better than the Sauber he also had 14 more oppotunities to score points over Hiedfeld.
Excellent point and one I'd not considered.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 21:49 (Ref:2832995)   #257
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
I'm the biggest Heidfeld fan their is but even I will tell you that Kubica is aa overall better driver. Heidfeld's weakness has always being in qualifying.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 21:57 (Ref:2832999)   #258
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Kubica is a win or bin type driver.
That must explain why he had the least accidents of any of the leading drivers last year. He didn't win, but didn't bin either.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 21:59 (Ref:2833001)   #259
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
He was remarkably consistent last year.

Perhaps he learned something from Heidfeld.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 22:44 (Ref:2833029)   #260
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlaprecord View Post
Please note that I attack your posts and under no circumtances your person. When I pointed out that Heidfeld actually scored more points while partnering Kubica and finished with a draw as far as qualifyings, your argument was "yea, but Kubica was a rookie" When i pointed out that they had 56 GP's together and Heidfeld did actually beat him during their 3rd season also , your argument was "yea, but Kubica didnt like the tires that season"... you have to see that these are just very poor arguments, and of course it's hard not to attack them, in the meanwhile however, I fully belive that no debate over any sports should ever get personal, so just focus on the arguments and the arguments only, cheers.

I agree, people keep defending Kubica, but they end up looking a bit silly in doing so...
Old 17 Feb 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2833053)   #261
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I don't think that there's much between them, but then I don't think that there's much between any of them. That's why most of the money gets spent on the car.
indeed, in fact the biggest differing factor in terms of driver performance may simply be their relative levels of self confidence
Old 18 Feb 2011, 01:17 (Ref:2833098)   #262
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
He was remarkably consistent last year.

Perhaps he learned something from Heidfeld.

Nice one...
Old 18 Feb 2011, 11:08 (Ref:2833228)   #263
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I still don't see the reason for comparing the drivers, one is replacing the other, for reasons beyond compare, If not for Kubica's crash this thread wouldn't exist, and as long as Kubica is recovered he will be back to his former position in the team, no matter what Heidfeld has done so far. Even if he's in a position to win the title, the team would "arrange" things for Kubica's comeback.
On a personal side, I don't see Heidfeld rising to glory (Sorry Eric !), he has been around for a long time and did little to be considered a champion material, apart from being called a quick driver, but then we had so many like that.
Oh... and Renault-Lotus or whatever they call themselves, have to prove they're up for the challenge throughout the season.
Old 18 Feb 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2833259)   #264
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Only if Kubica can regain 100% functionality of his limbs could he even be considered as a replacement for Heidfeld.

Functionality doesn't mean just full movement and strength. In Kubica's case it also means a lot that he recovers full feeling to his hand. Even quite simple operations for tendonitis etc can affect this by quite a large amount (I should know).

However, I do hope that Kubica recovers enough to be able to enjoy is life to the full.
Old 18 Feb 2011, 12:20 (Ref:2833262)   #265
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yep, only time will tell whether Kubica can get back to F1, let alone back to his best. I'm sure we all wish him well, and as Heidfeld is the confirmed replacement, I guess we can stick a fork in this thread.
Old 18 Feb 2011, 12:46 (Ref:2833276)   #266
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done.
Old 19 Feb 2011, 03:01 (Ref:2833594)   #267
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yep, only time will tell whether Kubica can get back to F1, let alone back to his best. I'm sure we all wish him well, and as Heidfeld is the confirmed replacement, I guess we can stick a fork in this thread.
I think we have seen the last of Robert in an F1 machine, this is of course a very sad moment...
Closed Thread