Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 14 Feb 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2831028)   #276
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh apparently it's a load of rubbish

Good!

Selby
Old 14 Feb 2011, 14:45 (Ref:2831033)   #277
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Seems they both are saying the same thing in different ways:
Quote:
Kubica will remain in intensive care for two more days in order to undergo a complete check up and to avoid another ward change before the final operation.
Old 14 Feb 2011, 15:02 (Ref:2831044)   #278
Rykard
Rookie

Rykard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe it lost something in translation...
Old 14 Feb 2011, 18:48 (Ref:2831141)   #279
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Lots of media outlets are now describing Kubica's current condition as being "good"....
Old 14 Feb 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2831206)   #280
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"good" meaning ?
Old 14 Feb 2011, 21:55 (Ref:2831243)   #281
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
"good" meaning ?
On the mend and getting better quickly I hope.
Old 14 Feb 2011, 22:41 (Ref:2831277)   #282
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I do hope also.
Old 14 Feb 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2831290)   #283
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Bone surgery is unbelievably painful, and not knowing if you will fully recover depite a doctor's assurances is psychologically very difficult.
Gung ho bull dust just doesn't work!
He has my full sympathy, what he is going through must be unbelievable, I hope he is well soon.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 02:14 (Ref:2831350)   #284
vin13
Rookie

United States
Austin, Texas
vin13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its late in offering but I truly hope Robert is back in the seat soon. Hes really an amazing talent. Get well soon "Ol Bob Kubica" as they call him on Speed!
Old 15 Feb 2011, 02:26 (Ref:2831356)   #285
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Welcome Vin13! This is a cool place to visit....
Old 15 Feb 2011, 13:42 (Ref:2831589)   #286
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Bone surgery is unbelievably painful, and not knowing if you will fully recover depite a doctor's assurances is psychologically very difficult.
He has my full sympathy, what he is going through must be unbelievable, I hope he is well soon.
Never say die, that's the spirit.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 01:56 (Ref:2832464)   #287
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Kubica has now had one more successful operation, this time for eight hours on his elbow, which they say will be the last. He is going to stay in the same hospital for the start of his recuperation. Get well soon RK!
Old 18 Feb 2011, 22:41 (Ref:2833523)   #288
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know what the deal is with Kubica being given the Popes blood or some bodily fluids? Its being discussed on PF1
Old 18 Feb 2011, 23:38 (Ref:2833545)   #289
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
When I had my ankle pinned and plated the problem wasn't with the pain so much. The biggest problem has been regaining movement since the op. So having had his hand and now elbow operated on RK is really going to have his work cut when it comes to physio-therapy. I wish him the best of luck.
Old 19 Feb 2011, 10:40 (Ref:2833696)   #290
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It also depends what sort of metalwork they have put into his arm, it could be wires or plates or nails(long pieces of metal work straight down the centre of the bone). but since we do not know that we can't really speculate on how long it'll take him to recover and how well he'll recover. we can only hope that its quick and he'll recover 100%.

Where as the surgeons know what they used so should have a better estimate for recovery times.
Old 19 Feb 2011, 22:50 (Ref:2834014)   #291
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RF_Racer View Post
Anyone know what the deal is with Kubica being given the Popes blood or some bodily fluids? Its being discussed on PF1
Some Polish priest sent him a relic: a drop of JPII blood enclosed in medallion and part of his canonicals.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 00:52 (Ref:2834061)   #292
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Nice gesture.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 12:59 (Ref:2834190)   #293
JurekB
Racer

Poland
Stoke on Trent
JurekB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nice gesture.
Possibly but I believe it is more to do with getting a sainthood for JPII who needs some miracles attributed to him to finish the process. They tried it on after Kubica's crash in Canada claiming JPII saved Kubica from injury but now there is a bona fide Papal relic involved so should Robert make a full recovery and a have a triumphant return to F1 then it can be claimed as a miracle.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 13:19 (Ref:2834201)   #294
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurekB View Post
They tried it on after Kubica's crash in Canada claiming JPII saved Kubica from injury but now there is a bona fide Papal relic involved so should Robert make a full recovery and a have a triumphant return to F1 then it can be claimed as a miracle.
Does he have to win a world championship or just score a certain number of wins or points?

But let's keep religion out of this, we have enough trouble with politics.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 15:59 (Ref:2834240)   #295
JurekB
Racer

Poland
Stoke on Trent
JurekB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair I think the miracle was that he survived the accident in the first place so they've probably missed the boat on that one. On the other hand I think it would be quite cool that in the future Catholic scholars might be studying the holy miracle of Robert Kubica's recovery. Maybe the accident spot will become a Catholic shrine with loads of little old ladies going on pilgrimage there.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 18:22 (Ref:2834283)   #296
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
To be fair I think the miracle was that he survived the accident in the first place so they've probably missed the boat on that one. On the other hand I think it would be quite cool that in the future Catholic scholars might be studying the holy miracle of Robert Kubica's recovery. Maybe the accident spot will become a Catholic shrine with loads of little old ladies going on pilgrimage there.
I think this is related to Kubica's beliefs, which in turn we should respect.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 23:48 (Ref:2834415)   #297
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RF_Racer View Post
lol, the internet is such a great place for playing chinese whispers innit I'm going to have to get a bracelet made up for when I race my Datsun 1600 "blood type AB, oh and please refrain from injecting me with a dead guy's semen"
Old 21 Feb 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2834558)   #298
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Right. Any news about Robert Kubica must be done in a new thread, guys.
Old 25 Feb 2011, 19:00 (Ref:2836864)   #299
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Possibly but I believe it is more to do with getting a sainthood for JPII who needs some miracles attributed to him to finish the process. They tried it on after Kubica's crash in Canada claiming JPII saved Kubica from injury but now there is a bona fide Papal relic involved so should Robert make a full recovery and a have a triumphant return to F1 then it can be claimed as a miracle.
Can no one give someone a drop of Pope blood without the cynics coming out nowadays.
Old 25 Feb 2011, 19:00 (Ref:2836865)   #300
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Right. Any news about Robert Kubica must be done in a new thread, guys.
oh pants, Sorry Bon.