Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 19 Jul 2010, 21:53 (Ref:2729343)   #176
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The bump n run aint wreckin.
That all depends on the bump; Earnhardt/Labonte, Bristol Fall of 99 ring a bell?

It's all chicken "poo poo" racing, if you ask me, but you didn't. Main reason I never liked Dale; too busy wrecking the guys I was pulling for to win. Dale, as well as Carl and Brad are too good of racers to have to do resort to that kind of racing, but NASCAR has allowed it and is now encouraging it.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 22:21 (Ref:2729363)   #177
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hate to be impolite, but Carl Edwards is fast becoming a dribbling retard.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2729394)   #178
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
but he seems to be the only driver taking the chief dribbling retard's executive order to heart.

this weekend and under those orders, he has the win and Brad does not.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2729498)   #179
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
agreed....

Sorry, but bump and runs are part of Nascar, I would have thought Carl's been around long enough now to know that (and no-doubt the shoe has been on the other foot countless times)
Intentionally wrecking someone (twice so far this season no doubt) is a big no-no as far I'm concerned.
Someone really needs to take Edwards aside and give him a proper "chat", this can't carry on surely... either that, or a car ends up in the stands with some dead fans on his hands... maybe then he might gain some perspective, cause at the moment he sounds like a spoiled brat
Quote:
Originally Posted by CE on Autosport.com
That's my job, to win that race and to make sure that I don't get walked on or get something taken away from me that's mine.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 10:02 (Ref:2729530)   #180
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you don't see anyone else trying to do the bump and run on Edwards now though do you? Surely if you need to move someone to get past them, you must expect something in return?
Old 20 Jul 2010, 11:42 (Ref:2729559)   #181
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't like to be controversial on here, but what a pratt! Edwards that is not the previous poster! Who does he think he is, carrying on like he's some kind of hard man. As has previously been said he's going to do some serious harm to somebody at this rate. What I find more staggering are his comments after the race.

I find this continuing episode a little annoying as I've only in the last couple of years started paying attention to Nascar and this is taking away from what is ultimately a great series. I know he was nudged and felt aggrieved but come on this is starting to get silly and dangerous now. Come on Nascar you need to get a hold of this situation and quickly.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 12:06 (Ref:2729562)   #182
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
you don't see anyone else trying to do the bump and run on Edwards now though do you? Surely if you need to move someone to get past them, you must expect something in return?
No, it just means that next time someone might think that they had to eliminate Edwards entirely.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 13:12 (Ref:2729596)   #183
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
The increased safety measures installed in the cars and at the tracks over the last decade have given the idiots in charge and the drivers a complacency about severity of accidents.

Gateway is a not quickest tracks, but it does have the long straights and flat, "slow" corners. Earlier in the event, one of the Gibbs' cars got hit in the driver side door at a "relatively low speed" in the corner and was a bit woozy when he exited the car. If Brad had gotten it in the driver's door at the straightaway speeds, both NASCAR and Carl would not be happy with themselves, in the least bit.

But, everyone walked away, NASCAR was all over the news and being discussed quite a bit for a Cup series off weekend; judging from the track record, NASCAR will slap the wrist of the driver that had brought them more publicity and wait for the next round.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 11:48 (Ref:2730081)   #184
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Carl's wrist should be slapped sometime today......
Old 21 Jul 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2730282)   #185
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
While I agree, are you saying if he wrecked folks in a more subtle manner, it would be OK?
I guess I am... He's trying to kill Brad. Seriously.

Earnhardt had a way of helping someone into a wall and making them feel good about it.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 20:38 (Ref:2730335)   #186
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/head...ies/index.html

Probation for both Brad K and Carl E for the remainder of the calender year.

Carl fined $25K and loses 60 points.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2730336)   #187
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Earnhardt had a way of helping someone into a wall and making them feel good about it.
The NASCAR hierarchy were also in love with Dale.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 23:36 (Ref:2730392)   #188
Aloysius
Racer

Aloysius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, at least Edwards win was not taken away. I sorry, but I am so sick of namby pambies and safety Nazis trying to pretend racing is a safe sport. Every one loves hard racing, but they become cry babies after a little contact. Suck it up. Edwards's move on Keselowski was perfectly fair in a last lap, racing for the win situation. Now, I do agree Edwards has a history with Brad, and I agree that the Atlanta incident earlier was wrong, and probably deserved a harsher penalty then he got. But this time there was no need for penalty. Brad made a fair move, Carl made one back. No action need. But now everyone is crying because someone could be hurt. It's racing, someone could always be hurt, that how it works. I'm just sick of all this.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 03:12 (Ref:2730438)   #189
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloysius View Post
Well, at least Edwards win was not taken away. I sorry, but I am so sick of namby pambies and safety Nazis trying to pretend racing is a safe sport. Every one loves hard racing, but they become cry babies after a little contact. Suck it up. Edwards's move on Keselowski was perfectly fair in a last lap, racing for the win situation. Now, I do agree Edwards has a history with Brad, and I agree that the Atlanta incident earlier was wrong, and probably deserved a harsher penalty then he got. But this time there was no need for penalty. Brad made a fair move, Carl made one back. No action need. But now everyone is crying because someone could be hurt. It's racing, someone could always be hurt, that how it works. I'm just sick of all this.
Racing is dangerous enough on its own without people intentionally wrecking each other. It's mindless and stupid. Nascar brought this on themselves in an attempt to regain their fan base. I've got news for them... It's not working and someone will get hurt either not involved in the scuffle or the crowd. Watch the video again, it's a replay of Atlanta.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 03:14 (Ref:2730440)   #190
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
The NASCAR hierarchy were also in love with Dale.
Yeah, but they're in love with whatever is good for the back pocket. Dale wrecked plenty of drivers by bumping and banging, but he never wrecked anyone like Edwards. Times have changed since Dale's prime anyway.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2730648)   #191
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/head...ies/index.html

Probation for both Brad K and Carl E for the remainder of the calender year.

Carl fined $25K and loses 60 points.
Interesting to see that the probation applies to both NWS and Sprint. Who wants to put money on Edwards not completing the season? I simply can't see him staying out of trouble for the next three months.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 15:14 (Ref:2730667)   #192
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
Interesting to see that the probation applies to both NWS and Sprint. Who wants to put money on Edwards not completing the season? I simply can't see him staying out of trouble for the next three months.
He'll finish the season. They'll just fine him again; probation means nothing.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 22:58 (Ref:2730906)   #193
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Yeah, but they're in love with whatever is good for the back pocket. Dale wrecked plenty of drivers by bumping and banging, but he never wrecked anyone like Edwards. Times have changed since Dale's prime anyway.
I agree, totally, but what bothers me is what has always bothered me about NASCAR is that there is no clear line; I understand that clarity can be difficult in racing, however. But it's all NASCAR discretion, and I rarely like their "judgement" calls. Like you said of Dale, he ALWAYS got the benefit of the doubt because he was good for the sport and knew how to cuddle up with the authority when he needed to, but he knew how to speak his mind to the authority when he needed to.

What's good for NASCAR hasn't always been well received and it's hard to tell if all this nonsense is good or not.

BTW, there were plenty of drivers that never had to resort to the bump and run to win races, and the one's that I am thinking won plenty of races, and championships.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 00:56 (Ref:2730926)   #194
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How Edwards is not more hated than Ky. Busch is beyond me at this point.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 04:48 (Ref:2730982)   #195
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frankly, I think all this hoopla is manufactured by NASCAR. They want the fans back as cheap as possible. Of course this will only work as long as you don't kill any drivers. NASCAR will continue to lose fans as long as all the drivers are driving the same car. Ask IZOD.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 05:17 (Ref:2730985)   #196
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil22 View Post
NASCAR will continue to lose fans as long as all the drivers are driving the same car. Ask IZOD.
They've all been driving the same basic car since 1983.
Old 30 Jul 2010, 11:32 (Ref:2735735)   #197
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched that clip of the incident - thanks for posting it - and was surprised at how had Brad got into Carl.

Brad had pretty much lost the position to Carl at the corner entry, and knocks Carl fairly hard. Carl gets knocked up off line and nearly into the grey, and could have lost it there.

Brad's move was much more than just a nudge as a driver does when coming up the inside, he punted Carl's left rear quarter hard.

Paul Tracy and Michael Andretti were like this a decade ago in open wheelers.

Carl had a chance to nudge/push Brad earlier but didn't, and so it seems like a reactionary, him or me scenario, that Brad actually started in this instance.

The problem is, and I agree with an earlier comment, Carl is bad at bumping people, and he overreacted here, punted Brad too much, and wrecked a whole lot of other cars too.

That's the same as if he individual wrecked each and every one of them.

Honestly, if you had a multi-car team, and a low ranked driver, just wreck both Carl and Brad for the rest of the season - they'd soon learn.

Or Nascar would.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 01:38 (Ref:2736849)   #198
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dont think Carl will ever get over Talladega 09 & Brad will continue to pay, he just needs to wreck Carl anytime an opportunity arises....
Dont think it will happen at Iowa though, Kyle is dominating...