Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Feb 2011, 16:10 (Ref:2838005)   #26
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I did think most of those on that other forums were loonies and trolls always talking rubbish. For once someone got it right, I suspect he had inside info.
Old 28 Feb 2011, 16:54 (Ref:2838022)   #27
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
F1 is the place to be, especially if Red Bull is going to be the team to beat this year again.
Well, it's the place to be if you're in the back of a Red Bull car.

Quote:
Infinity being on their cars will have nothing but good side effects unless they fall flat and fail every race. Which is highly unlikely.
Probably not, but reliability wasn't the Renault's strongest point.

Quote:
This is news, good news though. perhaps Nissan will have more input in the sport. Maybe convincing Toyota and Honda to come back as at least engine suppliers in the future. Maybe badged as Acura and Lexus lol.
I can't see Nissan building its own chassis. And it's hard to see Toyota or Honda etc, coming back to a series dominated by a few people that are very good at aerodynamics.

Maybe someone can put a badge on a Merc, Renault, Ferrari or Cosworth engine. But would they actually build their own?
Old 28 Feb 2011, 21:17 (Ref:2838148)   #28
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Claims on twitter that something about this deal is embargoed until midnight.
Old 28 Feb 2011, 23:52 (Ref:2838199)   #29
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
BBC are reporting this story this evening. Apparently the engines will be free.

I wonder if this may pave the way for Kamui Kobayashi to become a Red Bull driver in 2012? Mark Webber probably won't stay, and none of the junior drivers are ready for a top line seat yet.

Kobayashi is still very much a "Toyota" driver. You wont find him racing anything with a Honda or Nissan badge on it.
Old 28 Feb 2011, 23:56 (Ref:2838201)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Claims on twitter that something about this deal is embargoed until midnight.
STR switching to Infiniti as well?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Mar 2011, 00:22 (Ref:2838211)   #31
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
This report clarifies the situation nicely. It comes as a surprise to some extent, but I don't doubt it's authenticity.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 02:26 (Ref:2838243)   #32
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like Infiniti is joining RBR as a research partner and toe in the water of F1. It feels like we could seem Infiniti step in if Renault does step away. Definitely fits in with the electric/hybrid push the Nissan/Infiniti PR guys have been pushing for the last 2 years. The Inifiniti VP directly mentioned their involvement in battery research and possible KERS development.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 03:12 (Ref:2838260)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So are the RBR engines now free or not?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Mar 2011, 03:29 (Ref:2838263)   #34
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
That was never going to be the case from my understanding....
Old 1 Mar 2011, 04:39 (Ref:2838268)   #35
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wasnt Infiniti deal going to pay for Renault engines... Red Bull Nissan sounded better! Infiniti sounded poo years ago when they ran in Indy Car!
Old 1 Mar 2011, 06:54 (Ref:2838289)   #36
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Lets just say that the income from Infiniti will cover the 8 million euro engine bill.
Certainly the Infiniti sponsorship content is enough to cover the engine bill from Renault > RBR.Maybe it could be paid in the form of an inter-company transfer from Nissan to Renault. Plus the benefits of the technical assistance from Nissan regarding KERS, Nissan being very strongly involved in the development of Hybrid and electric auto technology

Bottom line is that it gives RBR additional funds to help with development, and enhancing the car with a bit of Infiniti's ethos of 'Inspired Performance.

Of course the car will remain entered, as last year, as a Red Bull Renault. Not Red Bull Nissan, or Infiniti.
Beats Red Bull Dacia though.

Last edited by E.B; 1 Mar 2011 at 07:07.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 08:17 (Ref:2838308)   #37
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meh...Infiniti. I like the sound of Nismo RBR myself
Old 1 Mar 2011, 08:30 (Ref:2838313)   #38
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89677 - still Renault badged engines, but Infiniti major sponsor.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 12:29 (Ref:2838390)   #39
Senninha25
Rookie

Madeira
Madeira Island, Portugal
Senninha25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It still confuses me that a brand like Infiniti decided to get in the F1 picture by sponsoring Red Bull, but I'm glad that the Renault engines will keep being Renault engines.
What a reaction it would be if Rolls Royce started sponsoring McLaren all of a sudden, but given that they're owned by BMW it's quite clearly a no-go
Old 1 Mar 2011, 12:59 (Ref:2838401)   #40
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Senninha25;2838390]What a reaction it would be if Rolls Royce started sponsoring McLaren all of a sudden, but given that they're owned by BMW it's quite clearly a no-go[/QUOTE}]

careful you'll start more rumors!
Old 1 Mar 2011, 13:38 (Ref:2838414)   #41
Senninha25
Rookie

Madeira
Madeira Island, Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.rocky View Post
careful you'll start more rumors!
oh if the press reads this they'll make it look like BMW bought out Mclaren!
Old 1 Mar 2011, 14:10 (Ref:2838431)   #42
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89677 - still Renault badged engines, but Infiniti major sponsor.
Beat you to it by over 8 hours if you look back!
Old 1 Mar 2011, 16:23 (Ref:2838503)   #43
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Red Bull has a huge sponsoring link with the Volkswagen Group, so I find this news strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
If they want to promote the brand Infiniti they should enter DTM and compete against the German premium brands.
Yes if Infiniti wanted to promete the cars. But it seems that they want to promote the brand.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 16:53 (Ref:2838535)   #44
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are they not promoting the cars by promoting the brand?
Old 1 Mar 2011, 19:00 (Ref:2838619)   #45
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Red Bull has a huge sponsoring link with the Volkswagen Group, so I find this news strange
Whilst Red Bull do sponsor a number of VAG programmes, the chance of one of VW brands wishing to sponsor the F1 team or supply it engines are, in short term at least, slim. As such, there is hardly a conflict of interest with the Infiniti deal. Also, I would suggest that the Red Bull sponsorship of VAG programmes is more to place itself in certain markets or promote the name in conjunction with certain events (such as the Dakar Rally) as opposed to attempting to build an association between Red Bull and, say, Skoda.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 20:38 (Ref:2838664)   #46
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still RBR nissan/nismo is better sounding. Infinity is a silly name really they should let it go like Datsun and be Nissan big bad and unbearable.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 22:33 (Ref:2838749)   #47
Senninha25
Rookie

Madeira
Madeira Island, Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring View Post
Still RBR nissan/nismo is better sounding. Infinity is a silly name really they should let it go like Datsun and be Nissan big bad and unbearable.
it must be an attempt to make F1 look more luxurious than it is now. Just a wild guess though.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 00:07 (Ref:2838781)   #48
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Whilst Red Bull do sponsor a number of VAG programmes, the chance of one of VW brands wishing to sponsor the F1 team or supply it engines are, in short term at least, slim. As such, there is hardly a conflict of interest with the Infiniti deal. Also, I would suggest that the Red Bull sponsorship of VAG programmes is more to place itself in certain markets or promote the name in conjunction with certain events (such as the Dakar Rally) as opposed to attempting to build an association between Red Bull and, say, Skoda.
+1, red bull already has a relationship with renault/nissan engineers so it makes sense to get involved with designing the new engines in the early stages. but as the proposed changes for 2013 are still just that, proposals nothing too advanced can be done. the 1.6L turbo thing might get dumped altogether in favour of cow fart powered v-twins or something
Old 3 Mar 2011, 23:58 (Ref:2839932)   #49
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmotd View Post
+1, red bull already has a relationship with renault/nissan engineers so it makes sense to get involved with designing the new engines in the early stages. but as the proposed changes for 2013 are still just that, proposals nothing too advanced can be done. the 1.6L turbo thing might get dumped altogether in favour of cow fart powered v-twins or something
Or full electric hybrids where the race will be held in two halves so the cars can be charged for 12 hours overnight !!
Old 4 Mar 2011, 14:59 (Ref:2840178)   #50
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring View Post
Well are we all set for RBR's Buzz Lightyear special liveries at Monaco this year, or will it be Last of the Summer Wine??

I can't tell whether Infinity will appeal to the younger or much, much older generations.