Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Sep 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1416908)   #51
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree about the JPM/Kimi thing - the season would look very different without the infamous tennis on a motorcross bike incident.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1416928)   #52
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats Fernando .. a well deserved champion

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Sep 2005, 16:04 (Ref:1417032)   #53
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Fernando Alonso. Very mature racer at 24 years old.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1417051)   #54
P.Cummins
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
P.Cummins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glen, I agree with the whole "likeable person" aspect of Alonso. He is a really sound guy. He is also very passionate about his racing and doesn't get heavy headed about wins etc. He keeps his cool more than the supposedly called "Iceman" and I'm going to congratulate him just as much for that!

I'm not an Alonso fan, I'm not a Raikkonen fan, and in fact, I don't support anyone. I like to see a deserving winner at the end of a race and then at the end of the year. I'm happy Alonso won it because it was deserving. And I'd say that about anyone else if they were in Fernando's position, not just him.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 16:34 (Ref:1417077)   #55
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done Fernando Alonso the 2005 Formula 1 world champion.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 17:17 (Ref:1417134)   #56
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Done Fernando. What a Great champion, Shame about The Ron Dennis Comments after the Race. What a Prat!!! and sore loser..
Old 26 Sep 2005, 18:55 (Ref:1417222)   #57
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Well done Fernando Alonso.The first of many?
Old 26 Sep 2005, 20:14 (Ref:1417313)   #58
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice one Fernando
Old 26 Sep 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1417405)   #59
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6
Well, laugh this up ...

Qualifying: Montoya 8 Raikkonnen 7

Races (that both finished): Montoya 7 Raikkonnen 3

... including the last 3 in a row and you could throw in the "botched team orders" at Canada and the race score would be 8/3. In the DNF's, KR gets Hungary and Spa, JPM gets France and the score is still 9/5.

Yep, that what I call OUT-PERFORMING ...
Yeah, races where driver was screwed because of a 10-place penalty: Montoya 0 Raikkonen 3, does this mean anything to you?

Then again, in the races JPM retired, was he doing better than Raikkonen when he retired? Moreover, if I'm not mistaken in the JPM-Monteiro incident JPM was partly to blame, he could have avoided the crash, so why take it out of the game?

Qualifying: are you serious? Do you even watch F1? How can you compare qualifying? In most races Raikkonen had far more fuel than JPM did. JPM outperformed Raikkonen? Please... JPM did great keeping in mind this was his first year in McLaren, but let's be serious. Ah, and by the way: I suppose that when Raikkonen qualified 1st --> 11th because of the engine change and JPM qualified 2nd --> 1st you count this one for JPM? Ahahahahaha, good one.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 23:57 (Ref:1417467)   #60
EHS
Racer

United States
Sleepy Hollow, Westchester, NY
EHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Alonso. And Renault.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 00:40 (Ref:1417487)   #61
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastinscully
Well Done Fernando. What a Great champion, Shame about The Ron Dennis Comments after the Race. What a Prat!!! and sore loser..
What did he say, I missed it?
Old 27 Sep 2005, 19:26 (Ref:1418180)   #62
scribbler
Rookie

England
Cheshire
scribbler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't there some scuttlebutt about Bernie doing a financial deal with Ferrari for them to lose this season and win the next one? It'll be interesting to see what Herr Michael achieves next season!
Old 27 Sep 2005, 20:21 (Ref:1418233)   #63
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well done alonso

and hopefully with a two more competitive drives to close out the season and some good fortune for his teammate, renault will have a matching trophy for the display case.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 01:57 (Ref:1418422)   #64
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Congratulations to Alonso and the Team at Renault. A well-fought battle for the WDC and still in the hunt for WCC!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1418986)   #65
P.Cummins
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbler
Wasn't there some scuttlebutt about Bernie doing a financial deal with Ferrari for them to lose this season and win the next one? It'll be interesting to see what Herr Michael achieves next season!
This sounds absolutley ludicrous! Do you mind me asking where you got this info?
Old 28 Sep 2005, 14:14 (Ref:1419006)   #66
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Kareedouw, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael will never lose on purpose (he does'nt need the money, and loves winning to much), neither would Ferrari. We where simply outclassed this season.

Congrats Fernando, but enjoy it while it lasts - We will be back!
Old 28 Sep 2005, 14:18 (Ref:1419008)   #67
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Kareedouw, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andydickens
What did he say, I missed it?
He said that his drivers are better than Alonso, and that backmarkers may have cost them the title (both).
Old 28 Sep 2005, 15:55 (Ref:1419086)   #68
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
the first part of the statement is not too bad i think, although the timing was ridiculously poor to come up with such a quote. I mean, he has the right to believe it, but was this the right time to say it? Anyway. The second part is just stupid. Not that it would be impossible, but I don't think it's anywhere near what happened this year.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 16:12 (Ref:1419099)   #69
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Even the first part of Ron's statement is questionable - it depends very much on how you measure "good". A driver can be a quick as you like, but if makes mistakes he isn't better. And in any case, when you see how much quicker Alonso has been compared to Fisi you can easily see that Fernando must surely be one of the very fastest guys out there, and every bit as fast as anything in silver overalls.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1419124)   #70
P.Cummins
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
The first part of his statement is ok. He's entitled to believe what he wants about his drivers and at the end of the day it an opinion thats useless arguing about.

But the whole "backmarker" thing! Give it a rest Ron. You're a bad loser.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 17:23 (Ref:1419153)   #71
scribbler
Rookie

England
Cheshire
scribbler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Cummins
This sounds absolutley ludicrous! Do you mind me asking where you got this info?
It was some months ago either on 10-10 or a redirect from the 10-10. It was something about bernie having secret meetings.

You're right, of course, it sounds ridiculous but it stuck in my head and it'll be something to add extra spice to my next season's viewing. I doubt if anything is impossible in F1.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1419218)   #72
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
Even the first part of Ron's statement is questionable - it depends very much on how you measure "good".
Absolutely. However it's his opinion, and as I see it neither he nor us can be sure if it's correct or not, simply because we've not really seen Raikkonen and Alonso competing against each other.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1419337)   #73
P.Cummins
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbler
It was some months ago either on 10-10 or a redirect from the 10-10. It was something about bernie having secret meetings.

You're right, of course, it sounds ridiculous but it stuck in my head and it'll be something to add extra spice to my next season's viewing. I doubt if anything is impossible in F1.
I don't believe it anyway, for the reasons that have already been stated by other members. You're entitled to believe what you want, of course, but I think Shuey was beaten hands down. I think he will perform better next year than he has done in 2005, but I don't think he will have his 8th world title.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 21:29 (Ref:1419406)   #74
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As I've said before, if ferrari were to throw a season they would have made themselves look rather better than they have done this season.

They've just been plain atrocious and that's all there is to it. Case closed.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 00:30 (Ref:1419519)   #75
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
As I've said before, if ferrari were to throw a season they would have made themselves look rather better than they have done this season.
They've just been plain atrocious and that's all there is to it. Case closed.
and what precisely is your point? the sport is cyclical in nature...ferrari could not have been expected to remain on top forever....
atrocious?...as compare to what i might ask.....