Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Jan 2021, 20:41 (Ref:4029327)   #4001
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The Roots supercharger looked massive probably because it was a double stage unit. Dont you think 350 BHP sounds more realistic, RB? I wonder what kind of fuel is used to feed those wonders nowadays?
Old 15 Jan 2021, 21:34 (Ref:4029333)   #4002
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Dont you think the one pictured is more likely a 159 also called Alfetta?
Old 15 Jan 2021, 22:37 (Ref:4029342)   #4003
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Bauble, thanks for telling us about the ERA. Without that I'd have thought it was a Silver Arrow.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Are you trying to say you knew the other cars, than MM?
Old 15 Jan 2021, 22:41 (Ref:4029344)   #4004
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Dont you think the one pictured is more likely a 159 also called Alfetta?
It is an Alfa Romeo Grand Car 158/159 I am simply showing a few pictures, not writing a history of motor sport 1890- 2921,
Old 16 Jan 2021, 04:57 (Ref:4029374)   #4005
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
You beat me to it E.B (as usual!)
The advantage of being 11 hours ahead!
Old 16 Jan 2021, 06:02 (Ref:4029378)   #4006
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Not writing a history of motor sport 1890- 2921
EB, 11 hours only? Pfffft, petit joueur. You're both so far ahead that when earth will crash, you'll have time to post us the crash report, we'll have enough time to read and avoid the accident !
Old 16 Jan 2021, 06:30 (Ref:4029380)   #4007
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bob, can you put the picture of the ERA E-Type and ask brand, type and stuff in the quizz thread, please? Well, its not for me, asking for a friend…*influencing the Club…
Old 16 Jan 2021, 07:54 (Ref:4029383)   #4008
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The advantage of being 11 hours ahead!
In true motor-racing tradition: Exercising the unfair advantage!
Old 16 Jan 2021, 08:41 (Ref:4029385)   #4009
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Are you trying to say you knew the other cars, than MM?
Of course I did! There were red ones and green ones I think I only think of ERAs as upright Hanumans or whatever so the description piqued my interest.

Old 16 Jan 2021, 08:58 (Ref:4029387)   #4010
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Of course I did! There were red ones and green ones I think I only think of ERAs as upright Hanumans or whatever so the description piqued my interest.

The level of ignorance, generally, on this forum is why I am on a mission to bring to the masses, images of the finest racing cars ever produced. You see, far too many people think a F1, Lotus Cosworth, for instance, is the epitome of racing car design, when it is merely more technically advanced.
Reading post lauding the ugly products of the 60's onwards is quite nauseating.

But i must go on, it is my purpose in life (or what's left of it).

I'm sure you can see what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails
089.JPG   070.JPG  
Old 16 Jan 2021, 08:59 (Ref:4029389)   #4011
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:

The level of ignorance, generally, on this forum is why I am on a mission to bring to the masses, images of the finest racing cars ever produced. You see, far too many people think a F1, Lotus Cosworth, for instance, is the epitome of racing car design, when it is merely more technically advanced.
Reading posts lauding the ugly products of the 60's onwards is quite nauseating.

But i must go on, it is my purpose in life (or what's left of it).

I'm sure you can see what I mean.
Old 16 Jan 2021, 09:03 (Ref:4029391)   #4012
bauble
Veteran

England
Some more nice cars for MM to identify for us,
Attached Thumbnails
316.jpg   817.JPG   929.jpg  

964.jpg   1008.JPG   1015.JPG  

Old 16 Jan 2021, 09:35 (Ref:4029396)   #4013
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well the first one's an ERA, the second is Mother Gun which any fule kno is a Bentley, then a couple of Ferraris and finally some "Lost in Devon" Specials that the 750MC was founded on.

I feel I know so much that I will be drummed out if the Stupido Club.

Oh and I loved the 'Batmobile". The red thing in the same post did nothing for me but a 70s BMW all wings and arches and slicks is really exciting.

See what I mean? (Picture courtesy of Google)

Last edited by midgetman; 16 Jan 2021 at 09:42.
Old 16 Jan 2021, 09:59 (Ref:4029399)   #4014
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
"The bottle does not matter as much as the drunkenness" said Balzac, a famous french driver meguess… Cant find his name in LM or F1 entry lists ATM tho. May be he was eating a sandwich jambon beurre at Waterloo, who knows?

In acceptable language this gives: peu importe le flacon pourvu qu'on ait l'ivresse.
The car looks ugly, but the victory is magnificent. The car is not genuine or compliant but the pleasure is authentic.

Sorry to tell it to you Bob, but your pictures from pre-post war cars gave me the taste and taught me about what I used to call objets roulants. And some are from my Dad's era, so please go on. But quit the attitude of yelling at people, you grumpy!

What is the name of the tree behind the Batmobile, please?
Old 16 Jan 2021, 10:37 (Ref:4029404)   #4015
bauble
Veteran

England
Gerard; But quit the attitude of yelling at people, you grumpy!

I have a reputation to maintain, GerryMo.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2543.JPG   IMG_0008.jpg   Bob Bull, Photographer.JPG  

PJO_6498.JPG   IMG_7137.JPG   002.jpg  

Old 16 Jan 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4029405)   #4016
bauble
Veteran

England
Midgetman;"Oh and I loved the 'Batmobile". The red thing in the same post did nothing for me but a 70s BMW all wings and arches and slicks is really exciting."

I despair of modern youth!
Old 16 Jan 2021, 11:29 (Ref:4029409)   #4017
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Treat them well, they pay for our pensions now…
Old 16 Jan 2021, 11:34 (Ref:4029411)   #4018
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post

What is the name of the tree behind the Batmobile, please?
I believe that one is Cyril.
Old 16 Jan 2021, 12:32 (Ref:4029419)   #4019
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:

That motor's well sick innit?

Old 16 Jan 2021, 13:50 (Ref:4029430)   #4020
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
That motor's well sick innit?

Max, I realise that I have been rather harsh with you of late, and treating you with a lack of respect, therefore I am trying to make amends by offering you a chance to get drummed out of Club Stupido. Head over to the Puzzle page and tackle my latest offering - but hurry, before Gerard blabs the answer first.

I realise that you are one of only a half dozen people who even log on to tthe Picture Puzzle, and ill behoves me to risk losing one by abusive behaviour. I treasure all my 'followers'(?), and I would hate to offend any of them .... well maybe one or two might not be a bad thing.

Best of luck, I can hear the timpani already.

Apologetic Bauble.
Old 16 Jan 2021, 14:05 (Ref:4029434)   #4021
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Best of luck, I can hear the timpani already.

Apologetic Bauble.
Drumming up support?
Old 16 Jan 2021, 14:38 (Ref:4029441)   #4022
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
OK, think it's about time for me to inflict some more of my pictures on you, here's a selection from the 1984 British Grand Prix.
Click image for larger version

Name:	03 Thiery Boutsen Arrows.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	5.47 MB
ID:	66381 Click image for larger version

Name:	05 Stefan Johanssen Tyrrell.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	4.48 MB
ID:	66382

Name:	06 Rene Arnoux.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	4.58 MB
ID:	66383 Click image for larger version

Name:	09 Ayrton Senna Toleman.JPG
Size:	3.82 MB
ID:	66384

Name:	11 Manfred Winklehock Practice.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	5.48 MB
ID:	66385 Click image for larger version

Name:	16 Paddock Hill Crowd.JPG
Size:	4.84 MB
ID:	66386

I can already hear Bauble thumbing through his well used copy of The Observers Book of Photography Criticism, but oh well, I've got broad shoulders...
Old 16 Jan 2021, 14:57 (Ref:4029450)   #4023
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
I know some prefer Historics, so here's a few from the Formula 2 meeting at Donington in 1982:

Name:	01 Rhoddy McPhearson Cooper Bristol.jpg
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	66387 Click image for larger version

Name:	04 Bentley.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	66388

Name:	06.jpg
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	66389 Click image for larger version

Name:	07.jpg
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	66390
I appear to have a friend! Who is looking at who?
Old 16 Jan 2021, 16:28 (Ref:4029462)   #4024
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Been doing some digging for a facebook group and found these from 1983:
Attached Thumbnails
2013-05-12 09.47.42.jpg   PTambay_ Silv_1983c.jpg  
Old 16 Jan 2021, 19:02 (Ref:4029488)   #4025
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
OK, think it's about time for me to inflict some more of my pictures on you, here's a selection from the 1984 British Grand Prix.
Attachment 66381 Attachment 66382
Attachment 66383 Attachment 66384
Attachment 66385 Attachment 66386

I can already hear Bauble thumbing through his well used copy of The Observers Book of Photography Criticism, but oh well, I've got broad shoulders...
Loving these photos Viv. Thanks for posting.