Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Aug 2010, 17:17 (Ref:2740516)   #1
rusty46
Rookie

England
ely cambs
rusty46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus F1 Testing@ Duxford

Hi there, just thought people might like to know that Team Malaysia Lotus will be straight line testing at Duxford imperial war museum on wednesday 1st september 2010.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 17:46 (Ref:2740530)   #2
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, and welcome to Ten-Tenths.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2740580)   #3
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That'll annoy the neighbours!! Renault tested there a couple of years ago and much grumbling was had by the local villagers......
Old 6 Aug 2010, 19:44 (Ref:2740608)   #4
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Slightly off topic - are there any actual qualifications for a venue to host straight line tests? If not, perhaps they could have gone for somewhere more local (to them) with a longer runway like Bentwaters?
Old 6 Aug 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2740625)   #5
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do we have times yet, I'd love to take my daughters
Old 6 Aug 2010, 20:38 (Ref:2740630)   #6
rusty46
Rookie

England
ely cambs
rusty46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
Do we have times yet, I'd love to take my daughters
yes, 10am wednesday the 1st september . £16.50 for adults children under 15 free entry thats for entry to the museum(which is well worth a visit) with f1 viewing at no extra cost. Lotus are permitted to test from 8 am until 6pm with a limit of about 180 odd runs of the airstrip.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 20:56 (Ref:2740639)   #7
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought testing was banned?
Old 6 Aug 2010, 20:58 (Ref:2740640)   #8
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
They're allowed a few days straightline testing.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2740655)   #9
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duxford is easier to get to from Hingham than Bentwaters, especially in a large race truck.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2740668)   #10
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Quote:
Track testing shall be considered any track running time undertaken by a competitor entered in the Championship with the exception of :
i) promotional or demonstration events carried out using tyres provided specifically for this purpose by the appointed supplier ;
ii) one three day young driver training test, carried out on a site approved by the FIA for Formula 1 cars and between the end of the last Event of the Championship and 31 December of the same year, any such driver having not competed in more than two F1 World Championship Events ;
iii) four one day aerodynamic tests carried out on FIA approved straight line or constant radius sites between 1 January 2010 and the end of the last Event of the Championship. Any of these days may be substituted for four hours of wind-on full scale wind tunnel testing to be carried out in a single twenty four hour period.
Not entirely - a limited number of straightline runs are allowed.
Old 7 Aug 2010, 06:52 (Ref:2740813)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
F1: glamorous.
Old 7 Aug 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2740979)   #12
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I went to the Renault straight line test there last year and i have to say that my flight in the De Havilland Dragon Rapide was much more exciting. I recommend it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/forever...7615663125253/

Last edited by foreversideways; 7 Aug 2010 at 15:57.
Old 7 Aug 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2741128)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
bonus! that's within earshot of my house brb, renewing my residents pass
Old 7 Aug 2010, 21:38 (Ref:2741153)   #14
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gee! Loved the Rapide pix. Was taken for my first flight in one of those, age 18mnts in 1939 from Shoreham to the Isle of Wight and back.
Don't remember it of course, but have a pic somewhere in the album.
Old 7 Aug 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2741185)   #15
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Gee! Loved the Rapide pix. Was taken for my first flight in one of those, age 18mnts in 1939 from Shoreham to the Isle of Wight and back.
Don't remember it of course, but have a pic somewhere in the album.
You can go up in a Tiger Moth as well.

Old 7 Aug 2010, 22:46 (Ref:2741189)   #16
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways View Post
I went to the Renault straight line test there last year and i have to say that my flight in the De Havilland Dragon Rapide was much more exciting. I recommend it.

I would love to fly in that! How much on top of the admission fee was it?
Old 8 Aug 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2741285)   #17
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
I would love to fly in that! How much on top of the admission fee was it?
I think it was about £60 or £70, with the Tiger Moth being more expensive. It's worth every penny, a wonderful experience .
Old 8 Aug 2010, 11:20 (Ref:2741316)   #18
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is that the actual Memphis Belle in that album of yours?
Old 8 Aug 2010, 11:24 (Ref:2741317)   #19
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways View Post
I think it was about £60 or £70, with the Tiger Moth being more expensive. It's worth every penny, a wonderful experience .
Thanks for the info, I'll have to get it booked at some point.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 11:32 (Ref:2741322)   #20
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Is that the actual Memphis Belle in that album of yours?
As was pointed out to me by a guy in the US when i put those pics on Flickr, it's not the original Memphis Belle which is on display in America.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2741327)   #21
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
I thought it was being restored rather than is on display. Somewhere in Ohio.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 11:54 (Ref:2741332)   #22
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
I thought it was being restored rather than is on display. Somewhere in Ohio.
I personally am not sure, just passing on what i was told. Just thinking as well, some of the displays at Duxford are excellent and well worth seeing if your going there. The F1 going up and down in a straight line soon gets boring.This Messerschmitt is pretty cool.

Old 8 Aug 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2741625)   #23
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty46 View Post
yes, 10am wednesday the 1st september . £16.50 for adults children under 15 free entry thats for entry to the museum(which is well worth a visit) with f1 viewing at no extra cost. Lotus are permitted to test from 8 am until 6pm with a limit of about 180 odd runs of the airstrip.
Thankyou
Old 9 Aug 2010, 03:57 (Ref:2741705)   #24
cimatt
Rookie

Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
cimatt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure all of you would have heard of this; driving duties will be handled by 16-year old Malaysian, Nabil Jeffri. He's 2009 Asia Rotax Max Junior champion and currently driving for Eurasia Motorsport in FBMW. He's fifth in the standings now. Apparently, Heikki will be there as well to assist the young man.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2741891)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
personally i find the coolest thing is when the apache helicopter drops in...