Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Aug 2010, 22:11 (Ref:2750256)   #26
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you Teretonga.
We shall await developments with interest, I hope they don't mess up the championship to prove a point, as not having team orders is just a total joke!

Anyway we'll hold our breath and see what happens.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 08:59 (Ref:2750965)   #27
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Thank you Teretonga.
We shall await developments with interest, I hope they don't mess up the championship to prove a point, as not having team orders is just a total joke!

Anyway we'll hold our breath and see what happens.
Nope, the joke is the utter incompetance that Ferrari showed in implementing their team orders. I would'nt trust them to plan a pee up in a brewery. In my opinion Ferrari need to be taken down a peg or two. They believe that are the be all and end all of F1 and can get away with anything. If peg lowering requires messing around with the championship, then so be it. No loss.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 12:01 (Ref:2751030)   #28
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Nope, the joke is the utter incompetance that Ferrari showed in implementing their team orders. I would'nt trust them to plan a pee up in a brewery. In my opinion Ferrari need to be taken down a peg or two. They believe that are the be all and end all of F1 and can get away with anything. If peg lowering requires messing around with the championship, then so be it. No loss.
I don't think it was incompetence by Ferrari in implementing their team orders. Rob Smedley was seriously pee-ed off at having to move his man over for Teflonso so he just chose to make the team orders very obvious. Then Massa did the same by the way he let Alonso by. The only incompetence was the way the team tried to brazen it out afterwards.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 15:11 (Ref:2751089)   #29
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post

Still find it mind boggling that people pretty much flat out say that they don't mind being lied to by the teams about team orders, and all that with a straight face, as long as they're not being obvious about it, so they can pretend it's been a cracking race.

But all hell breaks loose if it's a bit too obvious.

Hypocrites much?