Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Sep 2001, 21:36 (Ref:144172)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lousy Coverage from Laguna Seca

Well, the people who are overjoyed to see F1 possibly going onto American network television could take a memo from the awful coverage the ALMS race was afforded on NBC today. First it was held up for 90 minutes by a golf match. Then, instead of showing the full race, we were given a one-hour highlights package! That includes not actually seeing any of the cars that went out, only hearing about them, and a completely incoherent mixture of special features and sprint-race coverage. This is unbelievable.

If anybody thinks that F1 is going to improve when these people take over, and people are not able to get any coverage worthy of the name, and what they do get is delayed by golf, football, baseball, basketball, tennis, and any other sport that happens to run overtime - Bernie is going to lose bigtime.

Meanwhile I am FUMING about the wretched coverage we had thrown at us today from NBC. Feh.
Old 9 Sep 2001, 21:56 (Ref:144180)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At least you get to see the races live, we here in the UK have to wait about a week to get highlights on Eurosport, which are usally around 1 in the morning far to late for me. If we miss that we get see a 10 mins highlight package on Motorsport Max around a month after each race tonight we where shown the race from Mosport.

So I haave to tune into the net to find out what is going on, thank good for the Radio Web.

Anyway thats the end of my rant for this evening, only one more thing to say when will a private beat those bl***y works car, I hope it is at PLM
Old 9 Sep 2001, 22:58 (Ref:144207)   #3
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
another joy of network tv is that the local affilaites can bump you off for infomercials, which is what mine has been doing all year. thankfully the guys at Radio ALMS are a hoot. glad that the petit le mans will be back on SV.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 00:46 (Ref:144239)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was an awful race. I'm glad Johnny Herbert didn't win, after he smashed Mags into the pit wall - taking lessons from TGF is he? - but it is so boring when Audi wins because everyone else has crashed.

I hope Petit Le Mans is better. And my letter to NBC is in the mail.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 01:17 (Ref:144256)   #5
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here in Toronto, the race was scheduled to show at 4pm and was only delayed by about 10min. due to the golf. The race was abbreviated however because NBC only has a 2hour time slot to show a 2hr. 45min. race. Every race they have covered this year has been like that. Thankfully NBC only covers about three races per year. I imagine Panoz wants some of his races on NBC for the exposure that a large network can give, but I think he is doing the sport a disservice by only showing two-thirds of the race. When Speedvision covers the ALMS you really get a good sense of what it takes to be successful in sportscar racing. Thankfully The Petit leMans will be on Speedvision.