Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 Apr 2015, 22:00 (Ref:3531627)   #2451
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Pretty impressive by Audi is what your saying then? In a situation that favours the higher MJ classes and they are only 0.1s off Toyota. Or is it confusing to jump to any conclusions based on one qualifying session?
Old 28 Apr 2015, 22:21 (Ref:3531636)   #2452
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Pretty impressive by Audi is what your saying then? In a situation that favours the higher MJ classes and they are only 0.1s off Toyota. Or is it confusing to jump to any conclusions based on one qualifying session?
I said this on the last line of my post
Quote:
Looks like theyre all very close when they can get the car running to its max.
You cant conclude who is fastest yet because they raced once. And Silverstone is not the type of track to measure them by, at least not for the whole season. But those arent just my words.

Instead of writing off anyone, Im looking at qualifying times as a good sign that no one-team should dominate. I touched up on the higher mj class "total energy". Porsche has the best solution for all tracks where they can use the heat to recuperate energy. Instead of relying only on braking like Audi and Toyota. But Audi using less hybrid energy means theyre less reliant on it to make pace. They have a good package in that area too.
Old 28 Apr 2015, 22:29 (Ref:3531639)   #2453
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
You cant conclude who is fastest yet because they raced once.
But Audi using less hybrid energy means theyre less reliant on it to make pace. ...
I said that, and more, in all of my post.

Quote:
Old 28 Apr 2015, 22:36 (Ref:3531642)   #2454
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Sorry about that. Were in agreement! I didnt make that clear.

As much as I like Toyota, I dont want boring races at the front like Fuji and Shanghai last year. So if all these guys are close, within half a second, this year should be wonderful.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 04:18 (Ref:3531683)   #2455
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Let me Get this straight, So Toyota are going to have two variations of their Le Mans aero? if that's the case, i don't understand how they can test both the solutions out and deem the favorable one out of the two without racing both against each other out at spa?
Old 29 Apr 2015, 11:07 (Ref:3531755)   #2456
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronnezx View Post
Let me Get this straight, So Toyota are going to have two variations of their Le Mans aero? if that's the case, i don't understand how they can test both the solutions out and deem the favorable one out of the two without racing both against each other out at spa?
Toyota have a three day test lined up at Spa after the race but before Le Mans Test Day. I assume that's when they will comprehensively test their LM aero options.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 12:23 (Ref:3531781)   #2457
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like they've changed their twitter handle to Toyota Gazoo Racing. Even some stickers on the car now as well.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 17:26 (Ref:3531861)   #2458
TF110
Veteran

United States
Nice onboard lap from Nakajima in the simulator, notice he only uses 6 gears and hits the rev limiter. Flat out through Eau Rouge

http://youtu.be/yFpGY_GTRRY
Old 29 Apr 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3531890)   #2459
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nice onboard lap from Nakajima in the simulator, notice he only uses 6 gears and hits the rev limiter. Flat out through Eau Rouge

http://youtu.be/yFpGY_GTRRY
during 2014 onboard telemetry, audi, porsche and toyota drivers were in 7th gear at the end of kamell, blanchimon and before the chicane after puhon. This let me think that maybe TMG didn't update their simulator to TS040 specs and their drivers simply train using an old ts030 spec simulator.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 22:41 (Ref:3531985)   #2460
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
during 2014 onboard telemetry, audi, porsche and toyota drivers were in 7th gear at the end of kamell, blanchimon and before the chicane after puhon. This let me think that maybe TMG didn't update their simulator to TS040 specs and their drivers simply train using an old ts030 spec simulator.
They previously had a Toyota TF108 chassis as the 'car', but even that has been updated to a TS040 2014 chassis. I think Nakajima just did that lap for pure illustration purposes. He doesnt even have a helmet on for proper simulating.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 02:47 (Ref:3532035)   #2461
Hiro
Racer

Hiro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
From the onboard camera of TS040 last year at Spa, I suppose they used 6 gears last year as well, right?. This sim clearly shows a higher speed at corners.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 03:34 (Ref:3532040)   #2462
TF110
Veteran

United States
Heres an onboard from last year, but no telemetry

http://youtu.be/viYOJm_hCuU

If they took turn 1 in 2nd gear, they use 7 total. If its 1st gear, they used 6 total.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 08:35 (Ref:3532085)   #2463
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Does anybody know if the TS040 and the Porsche use FRIC suspension this year?
Old 30 Apr 2015, 08:58 (Ref:3532093)   #2464
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I remembered well, in this video from 46.30 to 47.30 you can clearly watch that TS040 was in 7th gear before chicane after pouhon and both 919 and the following TS040 were in 7th gear at the end of blanchimon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ_pGkELzNw

This confirms my opinion... TMG simulator is basically the same that toyota drivers were using in 2012-2013 seasons, they are just using a different "cabinet"
Old 30 Apr 2015, 17:12 (Ref:3532267)   #2465
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
As I remembered well, in this video from 46.30 to 47.30 you can clearly watch that TS040 was in 7th gear before chicane after pouhon and both 919 and the following TS040 were in 7th gear at the end of blanchimon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ_pGkELzNw

This confirms my opinion... TMG simulator is basically the same that toyota drivers were using in 2012-2013 seasons, they are just using a different "cabinet"
They have updated the simulator. Just because he uses only 6 gears doesnt mean its on old hardware. Its a simulator for a reason. There are other uses for it, who knows if the car program running is even setup for Spa?

On to the Nakajima crash, he complained of back pain. So further checks confirm a fractured vertebra! Hes in the hospital overnight.
Old 1 May 2015, 12:09 (Ref:3532498)   #2466
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Toyota basically admitting Nakajima won't make Le Mans.

Also a bit of info about their chassis issues/repairs.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118736
Old 1 May 2015, 12:16 (Ref:3532503)   #2467
TF110
Veteran

United States
Read that just a few minutes ago. Interesting information. Looks like its Kobayashi in then for LM. I know Nakajima wants it bad though, but does he have enough time?
Old 1 May 2015, 12:22 (Ref:3532506)   #2468
carbon_titanium
Veteran

Quote:
They have updated the simulator. Just because he uses only 6 gears doesnt mean its on old hardware. Its a simulator for a reason. There are other uses for it, who knows if the car program running is even setup for Spa?

On to the Nakajima crash, he complained of back pain. So further checks confirm a fractured vertebra! Hes in the hospital overnight.
the reasons of my statement is simple:
2013 ts030 had 6 gears and basically no limit about fuel consume.
2014-2015 ts040 has 7 gears and a range of allowable consumes given by fuel flows. Well... ok, it's just a videogame/simulation, but to push flat out until redline of 6th speed instead to use the 7th speed isn't the wisest way to save fuel... also in a "realistic" simulation. That's why I think that TMG didn't upgraded it and uses the simulator just to let drivers to train and nothing more. LMP1 teams can still perform private tests, so they don't need to use it extensively as F1 teams have to do.
Anyway, this is just my opinion, nothing less, nothing more.
Old 1 May 2015, 14:20 (Ref:3532544)   #2469
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kobayashi has better PR value than Nakajima so it's not necessarily bad news that Kazuki (highly likely) has to sit it out. Hopefully Koba's more motivated than when at AF Corse - and yes I know what TF110 is going to say to that but I don't care. Shouldn't be too much off the pace

Anyway interesting bits about the chassis on that article
Old 1 May 2015, 14:27 (Ref:3532545)   #2470
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Toyota basically admitting Nakajima won't make Le Mans.

Also a bit of info about their chassis issues/repairs.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118736
Quote:
Read that just a few minutes ago. Interesting information. Looks like its Kobayashi in then for LM. I know Nakajima wants it bad though, but does he have enough time?
Under the present circumstances, Toyota may be well advised to envisage to call back Lapierre. He knows the car and the team, has got the necessary experience, and has already paired with Buemi and Davidson in the recent past. Who's best to fill the vacant seat ?

Kobayashi is most certainly a fine driver, and Toyota may want to have at least one Japanese on board, but would that honestly be the best choice to make for the 24 hours of Le Mans ?

IMHO, this is a no-brainer; call Lapierre back to replace Kazuki in the #7 car.

As a matter of fact, I am told that Lapierre and Vasselon were seen discussing in the paddock today...
Old 1 May 2015, 14:35 (Ref:3532547)   #2471
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Keep beating that drum Nigel, just make sure you don't put your hand through it!

If Lapierre is brought back (which wouldn't be a bad thing in the current situation) it will not be to supersede Kobayashi. He's the reserve driver for a reason, and it's not to let the guy who has been let go back in ahead of him. It would probably be to take Kamui's reserve role.
Old 1 May 2015, 14:41 (Ref:3532551)   #2472
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why was Lapierre not retained for 2015?
Old 1 May 2015, 14:45 (Ref:3532552)   #2473
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Because there seems to be some consensus that he's been bad - bad as Pedro Lamy was with Peugeot before he got sacked.
Old 1 May 2015, 14:58 (Ref:3532557)   #2474
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Why was Lapierre not retained for 2015?
My post in the Spa race thread should give you a couple of hints...

He was slower than Davidson & Buemi last year and the year before, but to be fair to him those two were on an absolute tear and have been Toyota's two best drivers over the past couple of seasons. His real crime was to mess up where it counts most, binning it twice at Le Mans in successive seasons.
Old 1 May 2015, 15:04 (Ref:3532560)   #2475
Deleted
Veteran

Pace is one thing, but the accidents? McNish also binned it twice on successive seasons (2011-2012) and both to his own fault. At least Lapierre can make excuses with the weather