Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jun 2007, 12:40 (Ref:1936802)   #1
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
"I actually haven't been on the simulator for Indianapolis"

Hamilton's latest statement before the US GP is that he has not even tried simulator practice for the Indianapolis GP.

With us, the fans, knowing this little peice of information, anything that Lewis does at this track will be nothing less than a magical phenomena from a maestro. This kid is really good at mind games..
Old 14 Jun 2007, 12:45 (Ref:1936805)   #2
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems to unbelievable to be true for me. Why would McLaren as a team, let their highly rated rookie and current WDC leader come to America without having been in the simulator for the track? Sounds like some mind games trying to go out to Ferrari as the scarlet team are expected to be back on form.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 12:52 (Ref:1936810)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Any linky for that freud? If he did say it.... I like this kid more and more...
Old 14 Jun 2007, 13:06 (Ref:1936819)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
He can borrow my copy of Grand Prix 4 if he wants.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 13:19 (Ref:1936824)   #5
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Any linky for that freud? If he did say it.... I like this kid more and more...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/6751923.stm

His statements lately have not been arrogant, yet bordering on the theme that 'I am exceptional'. Other examples are:

'..I was touching the barriers' (at Monaco)
'.. I will leave Mclaren' (if preferetial treatment given to Alonso)
'.. my tyres hit the wall' (at the last corner of the canadian GP on pole lap)
Old 14 Jun 2007, 13:50 (Ref:1936838)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
He is...
Old 14 Jun 2007, 13:53 (Ref:1936840)   #7
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do all teams have such simulators?
Old 14 Jun 2007, 14:05 (Ref:1936847)   #8
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't really call him too arrogant as he always delivers. Great way to wind up Alonso.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 14:55 (Ref:1936873)   #9
alan1302
Racer

England
Doncaster, UK
alan1302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it a proper simulator as something like airline pilots use...or it it more a PC with a steering wheel type?

Alan
Old 14 Jun 2007, 15:12 (Ref:1936884)   #10
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by freud
His statements lately have not been arrogant, yet bordering on the theme that 'I am exceptional'.
It's TGF Arrogance. He says as it is and people take it how they see fit. MS never came across to me as particularly arrogant in speech, merely self-confident.

As opposed to Ralf "Dear Sweet God, Taku Must Be The Second Coming Of Jim Clark In That Case" Schumacher claiming to be in the top 3.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 15:43 (Ref:1936905)   #11
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1302
Is it a proper simulator as something like airline pilots use...or it it more a PC with a steering wheel type?

Alan
It's a proper high-tech state-of-the-art simulator, similar to those used by airline pilots. Mika Hakkinen once thought it'd be a laugh to crash it, and nearly broke his wrist.

I do see this quote as a bit of kidology from Lewis. He's cocky, but in quite an endearing way. More Muhammed Ali than Diego Maradona.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 15:45 (Ref:1936907)   #12
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
It shows that Lewis has been trained in every aspect of being a successful F1 driver - including psychological warfare.

The kid is for real.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 20:11 (Ref:1937130)   #13
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
The linked BBC report actually says the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of what freud is trying to suggest:

"Hamilton makes his US Grand Prix debut in Indianapolis after winning on his Canadian GP bow last weekend.
"I've seen it on computer games but I don't really know what to expect," he said. "
Old 14 Jun 2007, 20:27 (Ref:1937143)   #14
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, if he's the legend the media are making him out to be, then he will have no problem whatsoever will he! Drivers 20 years ago or so didn't have the benefit of state-of-the-art simulators...
Old 14 Jun 2007, 20:42 (Ref:1937163)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I sincerely doubt he will have any trouble at all.

Good is good and bad is bad.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 20:57 (Ref:1937189)   #16
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good on him!

Perhaps its good for him to show a big of arrogance in the most arrogant nation on earth!
Old 14 Jun 2007, 21:01 (Ref:1937194)   #17
amier
Racer

amier has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by freud
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/6751923.stm

His statements lately have not been arrogant, yet bordering on the theme that 'I am exceptional'. Other examples are:

'..I was touching the barriers' (at Monaco)
'.. I will leave Mclaren' (if preferetial treatment given to Alonso)
'.. my tyres hit the wall' (at the last corner of the canadian GP on pole lap)
Sign of a cocky kid, im starting to hate him more and more!!
Old 14 Jun 2007, 21:13 (Ref:1937213)   #18
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Amier, did Mclaren shun you in an early karting career (or something)?
Old 14 Jun 2007, 21:40 (Ref:1937236)   #19
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe the high-tech simulator helps him learn the tracks, but not many drivers have won races on a track they haven't done in F1, against a field who have. It's surely no coincidence that both Damon and Michael's first wins were on the second circuit they'd previously raced.

None of what he's said strikes me as arrogant. Just confident, but we already knew he had that. You can't win in high-level sports without arrogance. Even Scrabble champions have great self-belief.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 21:49 (Ref:1937247)   #20
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
The subject of arrogance is an interesting one. I personally think the term is misused a heck of a lot.

I have met hardly any people who I would call arrogant.

I have met plenty with quite an ego, and also those with a large whack of self-belief. These things are not in themselves arrogant, although those who are arrogant will tend to have the former traits.

Arrogance is a measure of the treatment-of/behaviour-towards others. It means a person is consistently regarding others as some kind of inferior life that is barely worthy to breathe the same air as the arrogant one.

There are, to my mind, thankfully, not that many people who are truly arrogant.

You really know about it when you meet an arrogant person. It is a sickening experience.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 22:18 (Ref:1937288)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When we were at the Silverstone test last September both Lewis and his dad were genuinely approachable (when not working). Nowt arrogant about that really, they are the most ordinary folk you could imagine.

Lewis seems, on TV, to be the same person as he was that day. A young guy bloody well enjoying the adventure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89
Well, if he's the legend the media are making him out to be, then he will have no problem whatsoever will he! Drivers 20 years ago or so didn't have the benefit of state-of-the-art simulators...
No he won't have a problem at all, as he is that damn good.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 22:31 (Ref:1937304)   #22
amier
Racer

amier has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
When we were at the Silverstone test last September both Lewis and his dad were genuinely approachable (when not working). Nowt arrogant about that really, they are the most ordinary folk you could imagine.

Lewis seems, on TV, to be the same person as he was that day. A young guy bloody well enjoying the adventure!

No he won't have a problem at all, as he is that damn good.
Yes I agree with that, but that was last year before his fame and the media spotlight. I actually had a chat with him after he won Saturdays GP2 race and he was also happy to sign autographs..

He seemed more humble back then. Now I think it has got to his head... look at the way he refered to others as monkeys..
Old 14 Jun 2007, 22:36 (Ref:1937312)   #23
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amier
He seemed more humble back then. Now I think it has got to his head... look at the way he refered to others as monkeys..
I think that was just a joke to be honest. Just Lewis being a bit cheeky, rather than genuinely insulting towards the drivers lower down in the order, which incidentally include Kubica, Rosberg and Sutil. All of whom are friends of Lewis, and don't have a bad word to say about him.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 22:40 (Ref:1937317)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Exactly. When he made that comment I thought of Sutil and assumed it was a cheeky joke at a friends expense.

I'm sure Sutil will get him back and it will be taken in good humour!

Lewis seems to be forgetting the age old mantra here: "Though shalt not laugh or smile in F1. Ever." Pity really!
Old 14 Jun 2007, 22:45 (Ref:1937321)   #25
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
But that rule does not help much either...'cause you then get it for being a corporate drone...Having said that, I think it is only forums that take this insane approach to things...

So, really, Lewis will have nothing in his life that makes him think twice about it all.

Last edited by Dutton; 14 Jun 2007 at 22:49.