Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Mar 2018, 09:49 (Ref:3804850)   #426
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Haven't verified but supposedly laptimes were faster than V8Utes first entry at Adelaide?
The track was different and slower the first year the V8 Utes were there in 2001
(Turn 8 was a slow 90 degree 2nd gear right hander, not the sweeper we have today)
Old 1 Mar 2018, 10:02 (Ref:3804854)   #427
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
you mentioned cars from a different category racing this weekend when you listed all of them, except one (funnily enough)

That all I was doing as well. Audi Gt3 vs Audi Gt4 Practise one 20 seconds first to last by the way. the one category you didnt add information from (9.9574 1st to 9th)

Why you being so sensitive about Gt cars
Reverting to deflecting peckstar? Why are you so defensive of a category that was afforded an extra 12 months to get on track only to provide a field of just ten cars, separated by 10 seconds? A series that has the second place driver in Supercars from last year taking the proverbial out of them on Instagram?

As far as GT is concerned, I'm pretty ambivalent about the GTs in this country right now and not defensive at all. The series is in a bit of a pickle right now and will take seasons to rectify, so I'm no fan boi. Obviously the same cant be said of you concerning anything with Supercars written on it, but I digress...
Old 1 Mar 2018, 10:06 (Ref:3804858)   #428
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Reverting to deflecting peckstar? Why are you so defensive of a category that was afforded an extra 12 months to get on track only to provide a field of just ten cars, separated by 10 seconds? A series that has the second place driver in Supercars from last year taking the proverbial out of them on Instagram?

As far as GT is concerned, I'm pretty ambivalent about the GTs in this country right now and not defensive at all. The series is in a bit of a pickle right now and will take seasons to rectify, so I'm no fan boi. Obviously the same cant be said of you concerning anything with Supercars written on it, but I digress...
Like any other topic i just defend against misinformation

However am i disappointed with only ten cars yes absolutely On the record in this thread. even more so after it was meant to start in July

You already said you were trolling, so don't start getting all personal.
Old 1 Mar 2018, 10:16 (Ref:3804863)   #429
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
the quickest ute was not last in improved production

of the classes so far 11 seconds closest gap between first and last

You’re the person that started comparing their speed to another category in the meeting. Who cares about lap times for these guys? Not most people. Most would be happy if they sounded good and moved around a bit more on track more then anything else.
Old 1 Mar 2018, 10:33 (Ref:3804867)   #430
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
You’re the person that started comparing their speed to another category in the meeting. Who cares about lap times for these guys? Not most people. Most would be happy if they sounded good and moved around a bit more on track more then anything else.
yes, so, As the utes are an improved production car and qualified within 130% its a reasonable comparison

most will be happy if they provide some good sideways action and a bit of biff.

Its a support category, being held to a higher standard than most categories for some reason
Old 1 Mar 2018, 10:42 (Ref:3804871)   #431
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm just here to see whose opinion Pecky is s#itting on today.
Old 1 Mar 2018, 10:52 (Ref:3804874)   #432
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Will need all new tyre walls for the utes then.
So instead of ****ing in the wind about lap times have a good look at that roll over. Where it hit other categories are low enough to either slid along the wall or deflect off it. The ute actually rode up over the tyres which rolled it back into mid track. If a car at the front of the pack does that all bets would be off.
Old 1 Mar 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3804879)   #433
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I'm just here to see whose opinion Pecky is s#itting on today.
the guy who admitted he was trolling. No big deal, probably that most times
Old 1 Mar 2018, 12:29 (Ref:3804893)   #434
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
So instead of ****ing in the wind about lap times have a good look at that roll over. Where it hit other categories are low enough to either slid along the wall or deflect off it. The ute actually rode up over the tyres which rolled it back into mid track. If a car at the front of the pack does that all bets would be off.
The crashed SuperUte climbed the wall in its accident
Not sure how you can stop that other than completely reprofiling (and potentially raising the height of..) safety walls/tyre barriers/approaches at every vulnerable corner like that...

There seems to be very little ‘give’ in the chassis itself too.. like once its on a path, its staying there...

An inexperienced pilot would most likely have been a contributor as well..

Is the ute fixable, or is 10% of the field now parked?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 1 Mar 2018, 17:36 (Ref:3804964)   #435
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The crashed SuperUte climbed the wall in its accident
Not sure how you can stop that
Quite simple, the old hot rodder's "chop and channel" to lower the ute.
Old 1 Mar 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3804965)   #436
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Ummmmm....
Hahahaha, classic Supercars management approved message there!
Old 1 Mar 2018, 17:40 (Ref:3804968)   #437
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
To be fair these things move around too...its just that its mostly body roll.
Why are they running street tyres, the squealing is quite irritating like an old Hollywood car chase.

You'd think they'd run the Yokohama AD08R track day tyres instead? UK's Civic Cup uses those, Formula Vee uses those, and the 86 series uses the similar Dunlop Direzza Star Spec tyre.

Unlike a street tyre they don't squeal, and unlike a true R-compound racing tyre they are more durable and not so sensitive to heat cycles. It's a good compromise.
Old 1 Mar 2018, 21:41 (Ref:3805038)   #438
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't get why everything has to be positive.

Surely, as in life, there will be good things and bad. Supercars are world class. Dunlop is a great feeder series. TCM fills its niche well. The Superutes don't seem to be all that flash and so what? Not everything will work and I see it as beneficial to be honest about it. It makes praise for other things (Supercars) ring truer when not everything is positive/ successful
Old 1 Mar 2018, 21:45 (Ref:3805039)   #439
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
And don't cry like the a Supercar suckhole sook when I highlight one of their major project's many and large deficiencies. Ta.

still the smallest gap first to last of any field in practise one, still would qualify for the improved production category and the leading car would not have been last.

Now only 9 seconds slower than Utes in 2016, so getting faster with development

still less disappointing than the Audi series at this event
Old 1 Mar 2018, 21:51 (Ref:3805040)   #440
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is that the Audi series that promised 20 cars at the launch? That's been a huge joke on their part, hopefully the quality of racing makes up for it, although I doubt it.

The sooner they make these Utes sit like a race car and run on race car tyres, the sooner they will warm to anyone but the greatest Supercars Sychophant's hearts.
Old 1 Mar 2018, 21:58 (Ref:3805041)   #441
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Is that the Audi series that promised 20 cars at the launch? That's been a huge joke on their part, hopefully the quality of racing makes up for it, although I doubt it.

The sooner they make these Utes sit like a race car and run on race car tyres, the sooner they will warm to anyone but the greatest Supercars Sychophant's hearts.
That is the one. including 10 australian teams that had "signed up"

and i agree on race car tyre, must have been a good sponsorship
Old 1 Mar 2018, 22:50 (Ref:3805050)   #442
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
yes, so, As the utes are an improved production car and qualified within 130% its a reasonable comparison

most will be happy if they provide some good sideways action and a bit of biff.

Its a support category, being held to a higher standard than most categories for some reason
Its irrelevant as to whether they qualified within 130%-the two categories run with completely different regulations so comparing the two categories makes no sense at all.

It is being held to a higher standard due to its predecessor which was well received by most due to the cars being a lot more exciting to watch out on track. This isnt a Supercar bash-I dont care who is behind these but having talked to people online and trackside about this is that majority of people just arent interested in these new 'SuperUtes' no matter how relevant they might be to the large number of these cars on Australian roads.
Old 1 Mar 2018, 22:56 (Ref:3805051)   #443
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Quote:
That is the one. including 10 australian teams that had "signed up"
Surely you're not suggesting that Supercars invited an overseas category to compete at their biggest street race yet blame Australian teams when numbers were low...
Old 1 Mar 2018, 23:03 (Ref:3805056)   #444
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Surely you're not suggesting that Supercars invited an overseas category to compete at their biggest street race yet blame Australian teams when numbers were low...

Even AGT in somewhat of a down turn (excepting the GP round which is already oversubscribed) could've pulled up more then 15 entries for Clipsal and most of those Aussie Audi would've appeared with them anyway.
Old 1 Mar 2018, 23:21 (Ref:3805059)   #445
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Nope, Seeing how Supercars isnt the promoter why would i suggest them

SA Government on the other hand

doesn't really matter, still a disappointment no matter who is at fault
Old 2 Mar 2018, 03:39 (Ref:3805096)   #446
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
These SuperUtes are fantastic.
Old 2 Mar 2018, 03:52 (Ref:3805099)   #447
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Too roly poly and the tyre screech is annoying.
Old 2 Mar 2018, 04:35 (Ref:3805106)   #448
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
I don't mind them. 1st race they showed potential for the future with some close racing however most were playing it safe due to lack of testing.

Not a fan of the tyre squeal though - be great if they could make a change there.

Clearly much work still to do but definitely glimmers of potential there - not all doom & gloom I reckon.
Old 2 Mar 2018, 04:56 (Ref:3805107)   #449
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I say a round of applause for the teams that moved from V8 Utes to Superutes.

These teams have committed to change over to a new car with a completely different engine..........I wonder how many Supercar teams will be running the twin turbo V6 this year......

It's a sad state of affairs when the best teams in the country are shown up by a support category who are willing to take a risk on something new and very different to what they were used to.
Old 2 Mar 2018, 05:17 (Ref:3805110)   #450
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Big difference in speed between the Colorados too..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House