Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Jul 2011, 09:57 (Ref:2926434)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jaguar evaluating LMP1 programme

Already mentioned in the 'rumours' thread - Jaguar are evaluating an LMP1 programme according to Autosport.

Programme agreed in principle, but timeframe unknown.

Old 14 Jul 2011, 10:04 (Ref:2926438)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 14 Jul 2011, 10:12 (Ref:2926449)   #3
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
jaguarista should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Such as Porsche, Jaguar also has an important link with Le Mans (with 7 victories and the most titled biritsh car manufacturer).

I hope with all my heart
Old 14 Jul 2011, 10:14 (Ref:2926451)   #4
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarista View Post
Such as Porsche, Jaguar also has an important link with Le Mans (with 7 victories and the most titled biritsh car manufacturer).

I hope with all my heart
They also have a pretty important link with each other
Old 14 Jul 2011, 10:55 (Ref:2926467)   #5
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
What kind of cooperation do they have with the Williams F1 team right now, might that include this project? ( just like BMW and williams had with the 99 winning BMW )
Old 14 Jul 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2926470)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Must have Silk-Cut sponsors...
Old 14 Jul 2011, 11:06 (Ref:2926472)   #7
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure if we can assume anything from that Wirth look-alike mockup. Either way, if they do this, I hope they do it right. We'll see though, nothing is assured at the moment. They might get a bit spooked with the prospect of Porsche and maybe Toyota (plus who knows who else) on the horizon.
Old 14 Jul 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2926509)   #8
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Must have Silk-Cut sponsors...
or like the Castrol one...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/antspho...n/photostream/

anyway, it would be a nice addition

Old 14 Jul 2011, 12:02 (Ref:2926511)   #9
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully, this will happen, I've been waiting for Jaguar a few years already in LMP1 cars.
Old 14 Jul 2011, 12:07 (Ref:2926514)   #10
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Looks OK from here. Hmmm. Lightly Turbo'd V8 anyone?
Old 14 Jul 2011, 12:19 (Ref:2926525)   #11
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It's got to be a V12 doesn't it!

I'm guessing it will be called the Jaguar XJR-18, continuing from where they left off in the early 90s. I sure hope so!
Old 14 Jul 2011, 12:23 (Ref:2926528)   #12
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it looks better even in just a mock-up than the AMR-1. And not just because it's a coupe. Those tall flat sides of the AMR just look wrong.
But I have to ask, why would Porsche and Aston and now Jag get involved when diesels still have such an advantage?
dh
Old 14 Jul 2011, 12:28 (Ref:2926531)   #13
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
But I have to ask, why would Porsche and Aston and now Jag get involved when diesels still have such an advantage?
dh
Possibly assurances that if there's enough petrol competition, the equivalence will be far more... equivalent than it has been so far.
Old 14 Jul 2011, 12:29 (Ref:2926533)   #14
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
Well it looks better even in just a mock-up than the AMR-1. And not just because it's a coupe. Those tall flat sides of the AMR just look wrong.
dh
I have a feeling, that things are going to change in regards to diesel in 2014. Peugeot and Audi have already expressed interest in running hybrids, with Peugeot saying the Hybrid may come out as early as next year.
Old 14 Jul 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2926536)   #15
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Thats a fine lookin jammer , even with the abortion vertical fin .
Old 14 Jul 2011, 13:24 (Ref:2926556)   #16
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Let's hope Paul isn't let anywhere near this..
Old 14 Jul 2011, 13:34 (Ref:2926562)   #17
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Let's hope Paul isn't let anywhere near this..
I sure hope not, but I would think Jaguar wouldnt be stupid enough to let Gentilozzi develop/race an LMP1 car after the disaster that is Jaguar RSR. Hopefully this will either be a Wirth or Williams project, perhaps Paul could buy out SCCA Trans Am and dominate it again.
Old 14 Jul 2011, 13:34 (Ref:2926563)   #18
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Jaguar could do a lot worse than teaming up with Wirth on this project. I understand the timeframe for competing is not decided on yet, but I would think as long as they have an engine in place the Wirth concept could be built in time to compete at some point next year. Although, if I were a manufacturer I would have to wonder if it would just be better to come race in 2014 when the new regs are in effect.
Old 14 Jul 2011, 14:32 (Ref:2926594)   #19
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I've already started planning my first 24 for 2014 out of coincidence. I would love to see half these rumors come to fruition. That Jag looks stunning. It does have small front brakes though...
Old 14 Jul 2011, 14:38 (Ref:2926596)   #20
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My only hope is that Tata is willing to throw an appropriate budget towards this project. I'm all for some serious competition between the big guys.

Great news if done properly!
Old 14 Jul 2011, 14:59 (Ref:2926601)   #21
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
It does have small front brakes though...
Have another look that the artistic impression with the knowledge that carbon brake discs are black
Old 14 Jul 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2926615)   #22
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Yes I did catch that. At first glance it looks a little funny
Old 14 Jul 2011, 16:22 (Ref:2926654)   #23
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This very very exciting news, permission to get excited please....
Old 14 Jul 2011, 16:41 (Ref:2926664)   #24
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hello everyone. Let's be honest, the endurance world championship will begin in 2012, so in 2012 and 2013 only Audi and Peugeot will win. However I think both Porsche (confirmed) Toyota, Nissan, Jaguar, etc. will only go into 2014 with the new regulations there still have a lot to expect.
Obviously I am delighted to appear brand new, though I wanted that they were in 2012.
Old 14 Jul 2011, 18:39 (Ref:2926709)   #25
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Considering that that is clearly the Wirth HPd arx p1 front end....and quite possibly the rear end of the coupe design....does this mean that Wirth Research has poached Jaguar?