Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Aug 2001, 23:09 (Ref:133388)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Procar Parity

Is it just me, or will Procar always be fighting an uphill battle?

Now that the Dodge Vipers have found pace and winning races, how long will it be before they have to hand their gearboxes and aero packages back?

The one that makes me spew is the case of the XR6 at Lakeside. Of course the flowing nature of the track means that a car with less top end can win. What made the XR6 look better was that it was the first official run for the 5.7 VX...and it had clutch dramas all weekend.

So after the 'small' Falcon won, they promptly slugged a massive rev limit on it. The next round was at QR, and of course he was absolutely nowhere in the race. I doubt he would of been in a winning position even without the rev limit.

So what do you do? Tell Procar where to stick it? They are hellbent on having 'parity'...
Old 21 Aug 2001, 03:00 (Ref:133478)   #2
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They need to get the Palmer Brabham Honda, Jag and so on up onto the pace of the Lambo, Ferrari's and Porsche's. On the gearbox and and aero package side, all of them should be allowed Sportscars style aerodynamics, nealry all the cars race (under different specs), in the ALMS, FIA GT or Japanese GT Championship, so they would look cool, and, as they obviously aren't production cars, they should all be allowed the sequential box like the Viper.

In GT Production and Performance, as it is a production championship, they should be raced like they come off the showroom, like Group E used to be.
Old 21 Aug 2001, 08:11 (Ref:133583)   #3
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bugger ! I just realised I missed the Eastern Creek round !

Oh well...
Old 21 Aug 2001, 12:47 (Ref:133665)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Judging by the Procar site, you missed a lot of narkiness

Also having the Mustang in the competition seems to have everyones goat...
Old 21 Aug 2001, 12:53 (Ref:133669)   #5
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I knew it was on sometime this month and just had a flick through last week's Auto Action looking for the add for it tonight after discovering I'd missed it.

I had skipped over the add without seeing it last week because it was on the same page as articles about bikes, sprintcars and drag racing - 3 things I don't give a dam about.

Oh well...better make sure I don't miss Power Tour 16/9 at Oran Park.