Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Mar 2018, 23:05 (Ref:3805559)   #151
venturi
Racer

Australia
venturi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridventuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The track limit line on the exit of turn 7 has been moved closer to the wall, sensible decision.
Old 3 Mar 2018, 23:05 (Ref:3805560)   #152
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah Tim Blanchard pranging at turn 8 like a rookie when he should have stepped aside already for an actual rookie isn't news.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 3 Mar 2018, 23:08 (Ref:3805561)   #153
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Yeah Tim Blanchard pranging at turn 8 like a rookie when he should have stepped aside already for an actual rookie isn't news.

The BJR squad busting their boilers to fix it should be...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Mar 2018, 23:34 (Ref:3805570)   #154
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And a story finally shows up, regurgitates the insta post

Story Here
Old 3 Mar 2018, 23:36 (Ref:3805571)   #155
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
So 9 out of 10 exceeded track limits in the top ten shootout - who's the unlucky bugger who did the right thing?

It seems farcical doesn't it. "There were a lot of drivers breaking the rule so we didn't enforce it" seems to be the reasoning.

The problem is if you follow the rule book, stand your ground and receive fan backlash at least your foundation is solid. When you pick and choose what to enforce not only is it unjust, but you give oxygen to some absolute nutters (not too mention taking a couple hours to work it out).

Are they trying to create drama? I could at least understand it all if that was the case
The rule book covers going fully off track but talks more about rejoining safely and requires a driver to do so multiple times before a penalty rears its head.

Seems to me like they did actually stick to the rule book.

What was said and advised in driver and team briefings may have clarified that further of course.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 00:33 (Ref:3805593)   #156
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
The rule book covers going fully off track but talks more about rejoining safely and requires a driver to do so multiple times before a penalty rears its head.

Seems to me like they did actually stick to the rule book.

What was said and advised in driver and team briefings may have clarified that further of course.

Correct, we are not privy to drivers briefings.
When I am on a flag Post, we only call in a car for exceeding the track limit,
when it occurs for three consecutive times . Then it's up to the Clerk of Course/Race director to issue penalty/bad sportsman flag or send it to the Stewards
Old 4 Mar 2018, 00:37 (Ref:3805594)   #157
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still can't understand why the kerb is there.
Everywhere but 6 and 7 the yellow line is inside the kerb, those two it is over a car width outside the kerb..
Old 4 Mar 2018, 06:49 (Ref:3805629)   #158
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GRM running the Opel badges... cheeky.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 06:51 (Ref:3805630)   #159
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Davy Reynolds throws away the win. One day these guys will actually block VanGiz
Old 4 Mar 2018, 07:00 (Ref:3805631)   #160
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Really?
Old 4 Mar 2018, 07:06 (Ref:3805632)   #161
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Davy Reynolds throws away the win. One day these guys will actually block VanGiz
I was with Crompton on that one - was the smart move, and kept Tander from divebombing the pair of them too. A blocking there would've ended in tears
Old 4 Mar 2018, 07:08 (Ref:3805633)   #162
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Still he was fast all weekend and has bagged some solid points, didn't turn down on anybody and end up in the wall. He could have protected.

The action between the 3 of them early in the lap was bloody exciting.

Old 4 Mar 2018, 07:09 (Ref:3805634)   #163
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
I was with Crompton on that one - was the smart move, and kept Tander from divebombing the pair of them too. A blocking there would've ended in tears
Even he admitted it was an error and he didn't think SvG was close enough and would have blocked him if he thought the move was on.

It was a mistake and potentially cost him the race, there was no risk from Tander, he was too far back. That's racing, they have speed which was great to see.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 07:10 (Ref:3805635)   #164
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Even he admitted it was an error and he didn't think SvG was close enough and would have blocked him if he thought the move was on.

It was a mistake and potentially cost him the race, there was no risk from Tander, he was too far back. That's racing, they have speed which was great to see.
I think Tander had a wobble in t8.

Old 4 Mar 2018, 07:12 (Ref:3805636)   #165
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Even Giz said he was surprised and one more corner and Reynolds had him covered.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 08:01 (Ref:3805639)   #166
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
2 boring races in a row, I hope things improve at the AGP meeting, I have a feeling it could be a very argumentative year between a couple of teams
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 4 Mar 2018, 08:21 (Ref:3805640)   #167
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Really?
No.

The Holden badge was not fitted, but the grille universally accepts both badges.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 08:27 (Ref:3805643)   #168
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
No.

The Holden badge was not fitted, but the grille universally accepts both badges.
the mounting surface is moulded in the distinct Opel badge shape, so when the Holden one isn't fitted (as was the case with Garth's car), then the Opel insignia IS very visible
Old 4 Mar 2018, 08:32 (Ref:3805644)   #169
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There might even be a PSA stamping in the grille too
Old 4 Mar 2018, 08:39 (Ref:3805646)   #170
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
the mounting surface is moulded in the distinct Opel badge shape, so when the Holden one isn't fitted (as was the case with Garth's car), then the Opel insignia IS very visible
As has been the case for Euro Holdens for the last 25 years.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 09:49 (Ref:3805662)   #171
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stewards report.

5 second penalties to Holdsworth and Tander for Saturday's race dropped them a couple of spots.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 09:57 (Ref:3805668)   #172
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post

A pic from yesterday... takes GRM 4-5 days to upload their images/race reports

Wouldn’t mind betting the silver trim fell off.. and there aren’t any spares...
Old 4 Mar 2018, 09:57 (Ref:3805669)   #173
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
2 boring races in a row, I hope things improve at the AGP meeting, I have a feeling it could be a very argumentative year between a couple of teams
Cant see what was boring about the races. Lots of strategies playing out and in the end the top few covered by only a few seconds . OK it was not like a wheel to wheel FF race where placing change constantly but it was still a pretty good race by Supercars standards.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 10:04 (Ref:3805670)   #174
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
The way he's been talked up, might as well give him the trophy now.
Early days for Richie ATM, but after Adelaide 2017 Brighty had 102 points, Richie has 45 this year. but Adelaide is a track where experience counts for a bit.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 10:26 (Ref:3805672)   #175
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....