Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 27 Jul 2000, 12:50 (Ref:26123)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Johnny Herbert has announced that he will retire from F1 at the end of this season and pursue racing seats in CART for next year. With Franchitti testing the Jaguar last week and this new announcement, will Jaguar and Team KOOL Green be swapping drivers for next year? Other rumors insist that Button will be driving the Jaguar next year when Montoya takes his seat at Williams.

With two British drivers [Blundell and Herbert] in next years lineup, the Rockingham race should spark some more interest from race fans than just the European CART fans.
Old 27 Jul 2000, 16:52 (Ref:26159)   #2
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just speculation, but Blundell might not be sticking around. Herbert muight even be heading for his seat
Old 27 Jul 2000, 20:40 (Ref:26210)   #3
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard that Jenson will be off to Benetton with JV having re-signed with BAR.
Blundell' contract has a year to run and PacWest are looking to Honda for a competitive engine deal next year.
Hopefully Johnny will have better luck if he lands a seat in CART.
Old 27 Jul 2000, 23:34 (Ref:26267)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Johnny race with Blundell - I think it'd do both men good - but I think Mo has just signed a new contract. Unless Christian gets booted or Mikey decides to buy NASCAR, I can't imagine where Johnny will be going.
Old 27 Jul 2000, 23:42 (Ref:26272)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's it, im quiting Uni to go and race F1...

I think Johny knows what he is doing...he wouldn't just leave with no prospects...Hmmm, what about Bettenhausen or Coyne?
Old 28 Jul 2000, 09:43 (Ref:26380)   #6
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's hope poor, old Johnny has better luck -- wherever he goes -- than he's had in F1!
Old 28 Jul 2000, 13:03 (Ref:26450)   #7
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test

I think Johny knows what he is doing...he wouldn't just leave with no prospects...
Yeah, I think he knows more than he's saying too. The way he's been talking about it, it seems as if he is putting himself up for grabs by any team who would want him, and that seems a bit strange to me. He probably has one or two options, but maybe nothing is finalized yet. Anyway, good luck to him! I've always liked him, it will be interesting to see what he can achieve in CART.
Old 3 Aug 2000, 13:00 (Ref:28058)   #8
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Straight swap with Dario, please. Besides, Johnny's used to driving Green cars...

Or perhaps he could just take over from Montoya, if he does go to F1. I say 'if' because it's all still rumours, rumours, rumours. We all think he and Williams are hiding the truth; why can't they just be forthcoming and tell us, like BAR, Jordan and McLaren?
Old 4 Aug 2000, 10:55 (Ref:28279)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 News says that Sir Frank is waiting for Chip to line up a replacement for JPM before making the announcement. I would like to see Johnny get that car, but I don't think it will happen.

If it does, do you think Jimmy will be able to beat him?
Old 4 Aug 2000, 11:28 (Ref:28286)   #10
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Initially, obviously yes. I don't know what happened to Vasser, but ever since he won his Championship he's been absolutely wasted by all his Rookie teammates. Maybe Johnny could continue that trend.

It is, however, more likely that they'd pick an experienced Champ Car driver before choosing Herbert. Perhaps, as Liz suggested elsewhere, he could take over from Blundell as the British hope...
Old 4 Aug 2000, 14:58 (Ref:28337)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
this has now become the topic for this weeks poll.

go to http://tentenths.com/poll and have your say on where Johnny will drive in 2001