Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Jan 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2612158)   #1
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
What Race Licence do you have?

I was wondering what licence all you historic racers have for racing abroad. Do you have International Historic, International C or International something else and can an International Historic licence be used in place of Nat A for the likes of the Spa Classics twice a year?
Old 12 Jan 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2612168)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes Tim but just stick to your Nat A,Unless you are going to race in FIA events.This is the last time im getting my international licence.Im going to down grade to Nat A. We have a very famous Le Mans winner driver on board and he just has a Nat A.Gets him in every where.
Old 12 Jan 2010, 13:39 (Ref:2612174)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
International'C' Tim,but like Iain has said----------
Not too sure what,but there seems to be some funny things going on over there at the moment,I'll keep you informed.
Old 12 Jan 2010, 13:52 (Ref:2612178)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I had Int C for a few years, but we stopped doing Euro jaunts so much when Arthur joined the team, so I lapsed to Nat A for a few years.

I'm renewing Int C this year as I'm going to need it, all being well!
Old 12 Jan 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2612188)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LM calling?
Old 12 Jan 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2612438)   #6
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nat A seems to cover any clubbie races in Europe although I understand that there are some changes which may affect this - although surely the whole point of the EU is that we are all one happy family?!! Justgot my Nat A but fingers crossed I'll have to upgrade to Int C. Wouldn't recommend an Int historic as it is only a Nat B equivalent
Old 12 Jan 2010, 22:25 (Ref:2612454)   #7
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Even I have an Int C Historic.

Cost me about 260 Pounds with medical.(yes I have a pulse,just)
Old 13 Jan 2010, 04:12 (Ref:2612557)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Int C although got the ECG and medical to do in Feb.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 05:38 (Ref:2612560)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Upgrading to Int C hopefully after ecg & med this w/end.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 08:17 (Ref:2612589)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Upgrading to Int C hopefully after ecg & med this w/end.

You can upgrade to Int 'C' from Int Historic with signatures/result sheets from three Int events Mike.[Unless thats something else that been changed!]
Old 13 Jan 2010, 08:38 (Ref:2612599)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Am sending a bundle of 2009 results sheets- MSA said they will sift through and see if there are enough to comply with upgrade requirements. Am sure there are but some from events in Europe......
Old 13 Jan 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2612601)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
It always used to be three Int [European Events] and one decent event one in the UK,I'm sure you will have no problems.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2612607)   #13
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I went Int C originally as the Int events seemed to vary, then it was UK organisers tagging on to French/Belgian etc races and you needed it ( as well as FiA papers) now it seems most are UK run events and run to CLubbie regs, although no doubt that will change again . . . if it aint broke, but isn't profitable enough, fix it!

Also, it seems cheaper to do Foreign events than UK based euro ones . . . . you need papers and a license to do them however.

it all probably evens out at the end of that day, but at least we can say we're International racing drivers eh
Old 13 Jan 2010, 09:28 (Ref:2612621)   #14
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yes Tim but just stick to your Nat A,Unless you are going to race in FIA events.This is the last time im getting my international licence.Im going to down grade to Nat A. We have a very famous Le Mans winner driver on board and he just has a Nat A.Gets him in every where.
I have a French International C - which I am told I have to have in order to drive in the FIA championships. Iain, will you not need a "C" in order to co-drive at Monaco and the Oldtimers etc?

Finally, I am sure we are all intrigued - who is the famous Le Mans winner and why isn't he my co-driver instead?
Old 13 Jan 2010, 09:35 (Ref:2612624)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Dear Compte he drives Galaxie at Goodwood.John Fitzpatric
Old 13 Jan 2010, 09:42 (Ref:2612628)   #16
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Dear Compte he drives Galaxie at Goodwood.John Fitzpatric
Him! OK you keep your co-driving seat!
Old 13 Jan 2010, 10:06 (Ref:2612638)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
It always used to be three Int [European Events] and one decent event one in the UK,I'm sure you will have no problems.
It used to be 6 sigs on a Nat A and you qualified for a Int C.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 10:13 (Ref:2612642)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Terrance think you are looking at Inter B requirementsSo unless any of us are going into modern racing F3 or 24 Hour Le Mans then forget it.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 10:31 (Ref:2612650)   #19
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Nope,thats all I had to produce for my license upgrade from Int historic.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2612797)   #20
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So are those going tomorrow gonna arrange a meet-up in a bar? I'm on a train so can drink beer :-)
Old 4 Feb 2010, 13:41 (Ref:2626472)   #21
pieterbakker
Racer

European Union
Zandvoort (NL)
pieterbakker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I was wondering what licence all you historic racers have for racing abroad. Do you have International Historic, International C or International something else and can an International Historic licence be used in place of Nat A for the likes of the Spa Classics twice a year?
Tim,

International racing licences are meant to be for outside the EEC only. I've stopped applying for such licence years ago.

Cheers,
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2626508)   #22
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieterbakker View Post
Tim,

International racing licences are meant to be for outside the EEC only. I've stopped applying for such licence years ago.

Cheers,
Pieter, I am not sure you are right. I think that my English friends need an International C licence to take part in the Oldtimers at Nurburgring.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2626513)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
And Monaco
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2626529)   #24
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
And LeMan's,Dijon.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:34 (Ref:2626534)   #25
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
Quote:
And Monaco
Have I missed something? Who is going to Monaco?
Attached Thumbnails
Monaco Chicane 2008.jpg