Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Mar 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3374423)   #76
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
It looks great but ..... It is VILE ...... like something got a wipe of an old sock and smear of a sweaty knickers ..... I tried it once and it went fast into the nearest rubbish barrel

Horrendous vile nasty evil sewage type glump ..... sits at the bottom of your stomach attcckin it !!!

Its all a French trick you know ..... Lets watch the tourist eating that crap and smile saying its great isn't it .

Ever see a Frenchman eat it ??? lol
Old 3 Mar 2014, 21:50 (Ref:3374573)   #77
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You're not that keen then G.....?
Old 4 Mar 2014, 06:46 (Ref:3374751)   #78
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
It looks great but ..... It is VILE ...... like something got a wipe of an old sock and smear of a sweaty knickers ..... I tried it once and it went fast into the nearest rubbish barrel

Horrendous vile nasty evil sewage type glump ..... sits at the bottom of your stomach attcckin it !!!

Its all a French trick you know ..... Lets watch the tourist eating that crap and smile saying its great isn't it .

Yes
Old 4 Mar 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3374883)   #79
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You're not that keen then G.....?
Apparently not Andy .....
Old 4 Mar 2014, 13:04 (Ref:3374885)   #80
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Yes

Its a lie ................. ..... BURN THE WITCH ..... OFF WITH HER HANDS !!!
Old 4 Mar 2014, 14:36 (Ref:3374929)   #81
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Its a lie ................. ..... BURN THE WITCH ..... OFF WITH HER HANDS !!!

Old 6 Mar 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3375717)   #82
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I prefer cassoulet.
Old 6 Mar 2014, 11:27 (Ref:3375739)   #83
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Please let us know what cassoulet is Pascaul
Old 6 Mar 2014, 12:34 (Ref:3375767)   #84
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
It's a mix of white beans with tomato sauce, goose or duck fat, sausages and (duck/goose) meat. Very tasty!
Old 6 Mar 2014, 12:55 (Ref:3375776)   #85
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
very nice indeed, one of our favourites here at home as well
Old 6 Mar 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3375786)   #86
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Please let us know what cassoulet is Pascaul
Cassoulet is a dish you eat usually in winter because it's rich, not very fat, but rich of calories. It comes from south west of France (Toulouse, Castelnaudary...)
It's mainly made with beans, pork sausages or duck. I prefer a cassoulet with pork only or one with duck only.
http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/t...tyle-cassoulet
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...et-recipe.html
Old 6 Mar 2014, 16:13 (Ref:3375834)   #87
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well it sounds nice
Old 6 Mar 2014, 17:29 (Ref:3375847)   #88
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
The one thing the French do that is truly VILE is that awful tripe sausage ..... Andouillette. I can eat most things but that just makes me feel sick.
Old 6 Mar 2014, 18:03 (Ref:3375858)   #89
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
The one thing the French do that is truly VILE is that awful tripe sausage ..... Andouillette. I can eat most things but that just makes me feel sick.
Yeah, I've tried to like andouillette and have eventually figured that smothering even the five star variants in mustard to make it palatable isn't really the way forward.

That said I did encounter an even more challenging fishy version of it a couple of years ago in China which made the French offering seem like a food of the gods...
Old 6 Mar 2014, 19:24 (Ref:3375871)   #90
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Definitely with you there Mal.
Old 6 Mar 2014, 21:35 (Ref:3375920)   #91
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
I can't stand andouillettes ; my wife likes them. Beuark !

Let's go back to merguez-frites.
Old 6 Mar 2014, 22:46 (Ref:3375951)   #92
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Mitraillette for me please! First at it at Le Mans 1999 when the wooden village was stil there. Never saw it again anywhere, but some snackbars in belgium also sell them.

(also called americain or sandwich americain in France)
Old 7 Mar 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3376047)   #93
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post

I prefer cassoulet.
Oh yes . I lived in Toulouse for 18 months before , and have eaten plenty of cassoulet ..... makes me sound louder than a diesel !!!
Old 7 Mar 2014, 08:40 (Ref:3376050)   #94
The Badger
Veteran

Oh sweet devine Jesus ..... yeah , I had that tripe sausage too . I wasn't aware it was a tripe sausage , It looked so good on that grill , impersonating a nice big fat sausage in a nice French bread roll .

Mine musta been made from bird tripe cuy as soon as my tongue found the hidden tube (vain) it also grew wings and flew into the barrel ..... along with the Tartiflette .

Cant go wrong with a marguey or a croc mister .....

Its just occurred that while the French are world renowned for their cookery , Its truly quite amaying that the French arnt cannibals ..........
Old 7 Mar 2014, 08:42 (Ref:3376052)   #95
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Mitraillette for me please! First at it at Le Mans 1999 when the wooden village was stil there. Never saw it again anywhere, but some snackbars in belgium also sell them.

(also called americain or sandwich americain in France)
Their all over the place at the track ..... every snack tent do the frites sausage roll thingy .
Old 7 Mar 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3376056)   #96
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
A chip butty with extra sausage
Old 8 Mar 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3376488)   #97
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sandwich americain is a favourite! I expect to have that at least 2-3 times during the week. With merguez, of course....
Old 8 Mar 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3376551)   #98
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I've never had an andouillette, nor have I seen or heard of it until now, but is looks absolutely awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Yeah, I've tried to like andouillette and have eventually figured that smothering even the five star variants in mustard to make it palatable isn't really the way forward.

That said I did encounter an even more challenging fishy version of it a couple of years ago in China which made the French offering seem like a food of the gods...
The Chinatown in Vancouver sold something very similar... smelled terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Sandwich americain is a favourite! I expect to have that at least 2-3 times during the week. With merguez, of course....
True "American sandwiches" aren't that great, IMO. Maybe I'm just used to them and got bored. Merguez is great!
Old 8 Mar 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3376553)   #99
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
That suggests you knew what you were ordering in Vancouver Beck... At least in Chengdu I can fall back on the defence that I was randomly pointing at bits of Mandarin on the menu and relying on blind hope...
Old 12 Mar 2014, 10:31 (Ref:3377733)   #100
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
True "American sandwiches" aren't that great, IMO. Maybe I'm just used to them and got bored. Merguez is great!
Baguette, merguez, boatload of chips, what's not to love?