Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 13 Apr 2014, 21:47 (Ref:3392100)   #26
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A shame for Seb and Kimball is raging.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 21:49 (Ref:3392102)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bourdais in the tyres again, looks like brakes, bringing the 2nd caution and Charlie Kimball out with a blown engine.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 22:08 (Ref:3392108)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Amazing! RH-R clouts Newgarden's right rear and there's an almighty pile up and Power gets the lead. 3rd caution.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3392116)   #29
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Looks like I missed some of the drama, but the last 10 laps where AWESOME to watch. Well done Conway.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 22:55 (Ref:3392119)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
My laptop dropped the feed at the wrong moment. Congrats to Conway on a somewhat lucky win, initially thanks to the RH-R/Newgarden incident. I presume Dixon ran out of gas, otherwise Power wouldn't have come second.

That certainly lived up to a 40th anniversary race. Excellent racing and plenty of incident.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 22:59 (Ref:3392120)   #31
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Plenty of action and excitement! Congrats to Conway, he was in the right place at the right time and held on for the win.

Dixon came in to the pits with 3 laps to go for fuel. I'm still annoyed with Power not getting a penalty though.

And I feel bad for Hinch, had a good car but luck wasn't on his side today.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 23:02 (Ref:3392122)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Plenty of action and excitement! Congrats to Conway, he was in the right place at the right time and held on for the win.

Dixon came in to the pits with 3 laps to go for fuel. I'm still annoyed with Power not getting a penalty though.

And I feel bad for Hinch, had a good car but luck wasn't on his side today.
I thought Power was lucky to get away with that.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 23:08 (Ref:3392128)   #33
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it was enjoyable, but I've come away feeling quite annoyed at Power - again - and the lack of sanctions thrown - again. Surely Barfield can't have said in the drivers' meeting that it's ok to punt each other into the wall? Hunter-Reay's accident was as bad, although at least he didn't benefit from it.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 23:14 (Ref:3392131)   #34
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not really sure what Beaux Barfield was doing today. Power was very lucky that he got away with what he did but I think he's going to start running out of friends in pit lane if he keeps on going about business the way he does.

Great race from Conway, Pagenaud, Montoya and the rookies. TUSC, watch and learn!
Old 13 Apr 2014, 23:48 (Ref:3392145)   #35
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know, I think a lot of people respected Barfield's work in the ALMS but he's been horrible at times in IndyCar. I'm also among those who can't believe Power wasn't penalized. At least he didn't win as a result.

Well done Conway, he really knows how to work the temporary street circuits.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 00:23 (Ref:3392152)   #36
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trying to learn something here...how far down the field were points awarded for this race, please?
Dixon finished 12th, did he get points?
Rahal was awarded 13th, one lap down, did he get points?
Similarly Hawksworth and Bourdais who were 3 laps in arrears
Old 14 Apr 2014, 00:27 (Ref:3392153)   #37
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I root for all Penske drivers, but I know that Power should have been penalized for bumping Pagenaud into the walls.

Great win by Conway. A few years ago I though he was a decent backmarker, but he has improved a lot. His sports prototype will push him further, like Pagenaud and Bourdais did.

Carlos Muñoz had an awesome race as well. If he keeps improving, he will be a successor to Montoya. Juan had a share of luck, but he clearly can handle IndyCar mayhem in the midpack.

Pagenaud finished 5th again, despite getting hit by Power. He seems destined to fight the title.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 00:34 (Ref:3392155)   #38
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd1 View Post
Trying to learn something here...how far down the field were points awarded for this race, please?
Dixon finished 12th, did he get points?
Rahal was awarded 13th, one lap down, did he get points?
Similarly Hawksworth and Bourdais who were 3 laps in arrears
Everyone gets points! If you go to this page and look under standings, there is a table showing how many points each positions receives.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 01:22 (Ref:3392164)   #39
fredd1
Racer

Ahhh. I see. Thank you Salamus.

It seemed that even at best, if Dixon's fuel at "half a lap short" - as was called a couple of times, was their worst assumption it seems a reasonable punt to have not gone for a splash and dash, but raced on. If he'd have run out of fuel in that scenario, it would hardly have impacted on where he eventually finished scoring.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 02:05 (Ref:3392173)   #40
marc sproule
Racer

marc sproule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd1 View Post
Ahhh. I see. Thank you Salamus.

It seemed that even at best, if Dixon's fuel at "half a lap short" - as was called a couple of times, was their worst assumption it seems a reasonable punt to have not gone for a splash and dash, but raced on. If he'd have run out of fuel in that scenario, it would hardly have impacted on where he eventually finished scoring.
on american tv dixon said the reason he came in was to avoid potential kerfluffle if he ran out in front of a bunch of people.

i second other's comments about barfield's and power's actions or lock thereof.

the sound you hear is me shaking my head..

masive amount of bs there.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 02:19 (Ref:3392175)   #41
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Power should have been penalised, now in coming races you will see all sorts of inconsistencies...
Hinchtown wasn't happy about Hunter-Reays "rookie" move was he - not happy days in that camp, tho good drive by Munoz...
Montoya had a good day too, but great to see Conway & that team win, spewin for Newgarden & his team!
I know its only 2 races in, but I am gonna stick my neck out & say that I would've given Franchitti's drive to a young American like Hildebrand or Newgarden, Kanaan don't do it for me know more, even tho he was an innocent victim today...
Old 14 Apr 2014, 02:47 (Ref:3392182)   #42
fredd1
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc sproule View Post
on american tv dixon said the reason he came in was to avoid potential kerfluffle if he ran out in front of a bunch of people.

i second other's comments about barfield's and power's actions or lock thereof.

the sound you hear is me shaking my head..

masive amount of bs there.
I see, marc, fair comment from Dixon.

Think that sound is a pretty collective one; some pretty strange activity went on to mar an otherwise decent race.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 03:32 (Ref:3392186)   #43
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Glad Conway received the "gift" win and not Power. John Paul Montana with a 4th in his second OW race in 8 years; that's pretty good. Right?

I'll repeat what others have said and what Power pretty much said himself; he should have received a penalty. That was a great shame for Simon as it could've been his race once all the dust ahd settled. But glad for Conway and the "Fuzzy" Carpenter team win!

And everyone but RHR said he was at fault for the ugliness with Newgarden. That was bad and was the very first time I've ever agreed with an Andretti.

Wow! Allen Bestwick's one and only IndyCar broadcast and I have confirmed that he is SO much better than Leigh "Massive" Duffy could ever be. I am thankful I got to hear "Mayor of Hinchtown" more than once; thanks LD.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 03:36 (Ref:3392188)   #44
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc sproule View Post
a little photo history from lb.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/466819...7633205413569/
Absolutely fabulous pics! Thanks for sharing.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 03:46 (Ref:3392191)   #45
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, it seems it was 'that race'. Beaux Barfield probably shouldn't have said 'rubbin is racin' or whatever in the driver's meeting. That being said, a little bit of the Nascar fan in me came out and I actually enjoyed the race.

Did anyone see how stiff Conway's front suspension was? He was bouncing all over the place.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 05:33 (Ref:3392213)   #46
fredd1
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Absolutely fabulous pics! Thanks for sharing.
Absolutely. Some great shots in there! Thank you.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 09:33 (Ref:3392274)   #47
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good race, as a fan of Will', I was glad he didn't get a penalty, but he was lucky!

However one thing I was a bit disappointed to see was , with the FIA road safety thing etc, why were PT and Townsend not wearing seat belts during the pre race track drive thing in a Toyota Camry?
Old 14 Apr 2014, 11:39 (Ref:3392329)   #48
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Montoya had a very un-Montoya like race. Very slow early but kept his nose clean and nursed home a great finish thanks to carnage and RHR's drunk driving. He'll definitely contend on ovals this year although I expect on road/streets to continue to be a bit of a struggle.

Typical Will Power.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 13:00 (Ref:3392378)   #49
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As PT said during the broadcast "Wish Beaux been officiating when I was driving"

Wasn't a horrible race, but yeah far too much contact for it to be a well rated race
Old 14 Apr 2014, 13:10 (Ref:3392381)   #50
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Angry Wilson says he could have won.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113444