Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 21 Apr 2015, 22:36 (Ref:3529847)   #51
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The plans detailed a few areas where additional tarmac would be needed (one bit is to widen to allow for a chicane).
Certainly no suggestion of moving away from the enclosed wall & fencing format with the concrete blocks sitting on matting along the kerb line.
Old 21 Apr 2015, 23:40 (Ref:3529857)   #52
Wet marshal
Racer

England
TETBURY
Wet marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a few hours to spare last Friday, and had a walk around the Battersea Park Circuit...a few workmen were clearing grass & tree branch's.

I did talk to a couple of them...but got a NO Comment reply...I was trying to picture the Marshals Post's.

The non marshal bit is the protest group....but planning permission has been authorised.

I look forward to this Formula e event.
Old 21 Apr 2015, 23:47 (Ref:3529858)   #53
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
this came out a few weeks back as well
http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/fo...rk-track-walk/
Old 22 Apr 2015, 07:43 (Ref:3529929)   #54
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
Thanks for that link-not seen it before despite subscribing to Motor Sport mag.Still no news on tickets despite only 2 months to go
Old 22 Apr 2015, 11:59 (Ref:3529993)   #55
brandspost4a
Racer

Scotland
Tunbridge Wells, KENT
brandspost4a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
Found this one as well. Presume computer simulation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkhnk3j5xmU
Old 23 Apr 2015, 11:39 (Ref:3530241)   #56
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having just got back from Long Beach (it's a hard life ) I do wonder what this track will be like and how well and long it will take to construct and with what.

It's an immense undertaking to build a street course, and get all the infrastructure in place to make it safe for racing. Most of the course seems to have a gentle left hand sweep, so post to post visibility might be a challenge. It's waaaayyyy too much to hope for a landline system, and radios so close to all the debris fence could be interesting. For marshals posts, I'd imagine we'll just be at ground level behind the wall with holes to flag through.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, but am apprehensive about how well it will work in reality. Seeing the tarmaccing done to the park, it does go against much of what they're trying to achieve (we did have to stand on plants in the central reservation of our turn at LB, but they're hardy and should recover).
Old 23 Apr 2015, 12:30 (Ref:3530254)   #57
flying muppet
Veteran

England
Deepest Shropshire
flying muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny that the Motor Sport article goes round the circuit anti-clockwise, and the computer simulation goes the other way??

Perhaps Saturday will be clockwise, and Sunday...
Old 26 Apr 2015, 21:39 (Ref:3531033)   #58
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying muppet View Post
Perhaps Saturday will be clockwise, and Sunday...
Having unwound the cable one day I guess they have to wind it back up again the next?
Old 27 Apr 2015, 08:06 (Ref:3531110)   #59
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Having unwound the cable one day I guess they have to wind it back up again the next?
Or perhaps, seeing as Switzerland have placed a bid to host the event, they will be using the CERN system of sending two sets of cars in opposite directions around the circuit at the same time.

Should create an interesting set of new particles. Perhaps they'll create an Ayrton Prost, or an Alain Senna - who will of course immediately vanish in a puff of hot air should they touch each other...
Old 27 Apr 2015, 10:20 (Ref:3531123)   #60
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post
Or perhaps, seeing as Switzerland have placed a bid to host the event, they will be using the CERN system of sending two sets of cars in opposite directions around the circuit at the same time.
I'm uncertaIn the outcome would be what you might expect, as observing the interaction could affect it.

sorry, physics nerd
Old 27 Apr 2015, 10:45 (Ref:3531128)   #61
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
At the risk of being boring, this is the INFORMATION Formula-e thread....
Old 27 Apr 2015, 10:57 (Ref:3531133)   #62
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Should create an interesting set of new particles. Perhaps they'll create an Ayrton Prost, or an Alain Senna - who will of course immediately vanish in a puff of hot air should they touch each other...
Genius. At least we'd know where to put the marshals. Exactly half way around.
Old 28 Apr 2015, 16:35 (Ref:3531536)   #63
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just for information. Note Page 2.
https://planning.wandsworth.gov.uk/W...df&pageCount=1

Also:

https://planning.wandsworth.gov.uk/W...mber=2014/6976
Old 28 Apr 2015, 17:31 (Ref:3531548)   #64
Richard Duvall
Racer

England
Rochford
Richard Duvall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just for information. Note Page 2.
Thanks for that; confirms my travel plans; I will be commuting each day. I had doubts about dragging my caravan into Central London anyway!
Old 28 Apr 2015, 18:58 (Ref:3531565)   #65
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Duvall View Post
I had doubts about dragging my caravan into Central London anyway!
I think that would have been an excellent idea. Electrical hook up shouldn't be a problem, just don't use your kettle during the race
Old 28 Apr 2015, 19:01 (Ref:3531567)   #66
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anyone staying in Earl's Court (or nearby) please let me know; I suspect there'll be enough of us to warrant organising a minibus taxi each morning. Happy to do that if there's 6 or 7 (or more) of us.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 07:53 (Ref:3531707)   #67
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, that also confirms my accommodation details. My son and I will be camping in the sports arena. Hopefully we'll be able to use the showers etc. I've also done a map recce of nearby pubs for evening refreshments!

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 29 Apr 2015, 08:49 (Ref:3531719)   #68
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1 View Post
Well, that also confirms my accommodation details. My son and I will be camping in the sports arena. Hopefully we'll be able to use the showers etc. I've also done a map recce of nearby pubs for evening refreshments!
I'll see you there!

I am curious to know if we'll be allowed to actually take our cars into the arena....
Old 29 Apr 2015, 10:10 (Ref:3531734)   #69
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2702 View Post
I'll see you there!

I am curious to know if we'll be allowed to actually take our cars into the arena....
I'm sure that full details will come out from MSVR in due course. Be good if we could park near the camp slot i.e. on the running track, otherwise it'll be a bit of a hike carrying tent, sleeping bags, etc across to the field. I also hope that it'll be a secured area.

Old 29 Apr 2015, 10:11 (Ref:3531735)   #70
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
Quote:
. . . I am curious to know if we'll be allowed to actually take our cars into the arena....
Yes, I'm wondering about that too.

If you plough through all the planning stuff you'll see many references to the fact that 'staff' parking will not be within the park and they will have to use a small nearby Pay and Display facility. It is not clear whether they will have to pay to park, or whether 'staff' includes marshals. Everyone else will be expected to find their own spaces.

I suspect we won't be allowed to park in the same arena as the tents, but what our options will be, I have no idea. Hopefully we'll get some info soon.

Can I also make the point that the two links I found were part of the planning applications and nothing has yet been confirmed by MSVR.

For us Wildlings oop North, can anyone advise the best basic route to Battery Park, e.g. whizzing around the M25 and coming in via the M4? Or is it no better than driving in from the M1/A1?

Blessings, my children.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 10:15 (Ref:3531738)   #71
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Quote:
For us Wildlings oop North, can anyone advise the best basic route to Battery Park, e.g. whizzing around the M25 and coming in via the M4? Or is it no better than driving in from the M1/A1?
Just make sure your satnav is set to avoid the congestion charge zone if its going to take you on the shortest route from the bottom of the M1/A1 to Battersea Park. I cant check the route on my works computer as Google maps has been updated and we use an old browser. The M4 route does look a bit more direct and will be the one i'm using on my drive from Poole.

Old 29 Apr 2015, 10:25 (Ref:3531745)   #72
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
Quote:
Just make sure your satnav is set to avoid the congestion charge zone if its going to take you on the shortest route from the bottom of the M1/A1 to Battersea Park. I cant check the route on my works computer as Google maps has been updated and we use an old browser. The M4 route does look a bit more direct and will be the one i'm using on my drive from Poole.
The M4/A4 seems a good option, certainly for you, Mike.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/...on-charge-zone
Old 30 Apr 2015, 08:44 (Ref:3532086)   #73
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm sure that full details will come out from MSVR in due course.
So am I, it was just a rhetorical expression of curiosity.

Quote:
otherwise it'll be a bit of a hike carrying tent, sleeping bags, etc across to the field.
The cable on the 12v system I use in my tent is only about 30 feet long, and runs off a system I have fitted to the car.....
Old 30 Apr 2015, 08:53 (Ref:3532089)   #74
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Quote:
The cable on the 12v system I use in my tent is only about 30 feet long, and runs off a system I have fitted to the car.....
I've got a 20 metre caravan lead that plugs into 240 volt via a UK 3 pin adaptor. Be nice if i could plug that in to run the camping fridge

Old 30 Apr 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3532357)   #75
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's an idea of what the timetable may be.

[IMG][/IMG]