Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Aug 2011, 14:23 (Ref:2947716)   #1
Frosty11
Rookie

Frosty11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Budgets for an F1 Team

If I was to start an F1 team, how much would I need for a season and in what areas would the money come from?

And how much money would be spent in the car areas (engines, gearboxes, aero etc)
Old 29 Aug 2011, 16:10 (Ref:2947766)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
What you need at the moment is a huge lottery win, because the money isn't really coming from anywhere at the moment.

£40,000,000 might get you on the back of the grid. It might even include the money needed for a Cosworth engine supply and a low-spec gearbox supply.

I would imagine that you would spend by far the largest proportion of that on aero development.

Good luck!
Old 29 Aug 2011, 20:06 (Ref:2947905)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not sure you're asking the right people...

Try contact one of the F1 teams... maybe you'll get some valuable information.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 16:24 (Ref:2948383)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i dont recall the amount but is there not still a bond you must buy and hold with the FIA in order to secure a spot on the grid?
it used to be $48mill but if memory serves but that amount was reduced for the most recent entries.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 22:02 (Ref:2948621)   #5
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That got reduced drastically, it's now an annual entry fee of just over €300,000.
Old 7 Sep 2011, 10:55 (Ref:2952120)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Take a look at Williams Grand Prix Holdings Ltd for advice..

Half One Results Here

The detail isnt in this article, but it suggests that the 6 months to June turnover was £47.3 million, so a full year will likely be somewhere in the ballpark of £94 million...

Sure there are other parts to their business that may or may not contribute to group turnover, such as Williams Hybrid Power, but its not a bad start for estimates.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House