Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Dec 2013, 19:41 (Ref:3343280)   #26
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
agreed and i think that goes back to your earlier point that F1 is moving one way and the crazy rich guys are moving in the other.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3343292)   #27
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 needs to become more accessible for some.

Am I the only one who really loved the "bring it and try to qualify the damn thing" attitude of yesteryear?
Old 13 Dec 2013, 03:45 (Ref:3343488)   #28
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post

Am I the only one who really loved the "bring it and try to qualify the damn thing" attitude of yesteryear?
Yes and no...
Old 13 Dec 2013, 05:22 (Ref:3343506)   #29
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post

No you are not alone but in the last twenty years a shorter person than I has had a different attitude toward what 'professionalism' is and the status quo reflects his viewpoint.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 06:27 (Ref:3343523)   #30
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Andretti Autosport are in talks with Ferrari to let them be their B team like Toro Rosso is to Red Bull. However Andretti want to run their team out of the States and Ferrari closer by like Italy.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 08:06 (Ref:3343556)   #31
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I have just been reading Joe Saward's thoughts on the subject. In it he says it would be easier to buy an existing team as most or all of the necessary wiil be in place. The only team likely to want to start from scratch might be a manufacturer. There is also the thorny question of a oncorde agreement that is not fully sorted yet.
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2013/...a-new-f1-team/
If anyone was serious about getting into F1 surely you would buy Sauber who have state of the art facilities lot of which were paid for by BMW, why try and start another team?
Old 13 Dec 2013, 11:48 (Ref:3343631)   #32
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
Andretti Autosport are in talks with Ferrari to let them be their B team like Toro Rosso is to Red Bull. However Andretti want to run their team out of the States and Ferrari closer by like Italy.
That only stands a chance if the FIA remove the requirement for teams to build their own cars. Not likely - for all the talk about it.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 20:58 (Ref:3343828)   #33
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I remember being dumbfounded at the teams selected the last time out. Especially when you had established outfits like nTech and Prodrive apply.
Old 14 Dec 2013, 08:34 (Ref:3343921)   #34
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I remember being dumbfounded at the teams selected the last time out. Especially when you had established outfits like nTech and Prodrive apply.
Lola already had the prototype...
Old 14 Dec 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3343987)   #35
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
That only stands a chance if the FIA remove the requirement for teams to build their own cars. Not likely - for all the talk about it.
But Toro Rosso build their own cars now, don't they, and are still very much the Red Bull B team.
Old 14 Dec 2013, 17:06 (Ref:3344036)   #36
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Imagine for a moment if F1 had more development restrictions and 'B' teams could run last years car as junior team....that would be a great cost cutting exercise...
Old 14 Dec 2013, 17:30 (Ref:3344044)   #37
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Imagine for a moment if F1 had more development restrictions and 'B' teams could run last years car as junior team....that would be a great cost cutting exercise...
It would but considering the difference between the 2013 and 2014 cars that wouldn't work in the real world...

...imagine running a car in 2012 that had an f-duct, or a car in 2010 with a KERS system?
Old 20 Oct 2014, 16:46 (Ref:3466824)   #38
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could a Chinese F1 team really happen?

Joe Saward has a report that they want an F1 team.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/...-move-into-f1/
Old 20 Oct 2014, 19:58 (Ref:3466906)   #39
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Could a Chinese F1 team really happen?

Joe Saward has a report that they want an F1 team.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/...-move-into-f1/
How much money would they throw at it?
Money will not guarantee success.

Ask Toyota, Craig Pollock, Marussia, HRT, or Tony Fernandes, what their chances are?

Why are they doing it? To create an international sports economy for the country of 1.2 billion people..... and gain some prestige...
They could initiate a national motor sports programme for a fraction of what it would take to run a F1 programme...
Old 20 Oct 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3466914)   #40
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well, there's a sickly Sauber and Caterham up for grabs.

If they want to do take the plunge, crack on.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 20:38 (Ref:3466916)   #41
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Well, there's a sickly Sauber and Caterham up for grabs.

If they want to do take the plunge, crack on.
Well Sauber is planning some driver testing with Adderly Fong (Chinese) in Valencia. Is this a toe in the water exercise...