Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Oct 2014, 20:48 (Ref:3461005)   #1
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forza Rossa - what is happening?

It's all gone a bit quiet on the Romanian front.
Are the people backing the Forza Rossa team the same ones now in charge of Caterham?

Anyone have any idea what is going on?
Old 5 Oct 2014, 21:12 (Ref:3461018)   #2
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have been wondering the same, are some the people in Forza Rossa also involved in the purchase of Caterham? One would have thought a new team would be making the odd press statment saying where they would base themselve who would be at the head of the team etc. I have not seen any mention of them recruiting staff or anything like that.
Did they even pay their deposit to the FIA?

I suspect it might be another case of hot air.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3461033)   #3
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I have been wondering the same, are some the people in Forza Rossa also involved in the purchase of Caterham? One would have thought a new team would be making the odd press statment saying where they would base themselve who would be at the head of the team etc. I have not seen any mention of them recruiting staff or anything like that.
Did they even pay their deposit to the FIA?

I suspect it might be another case of hot air.
I have wondered the same myself and I think Kolles made some comment about this one not being connected but when people mentioned asset stripping I wondered if there wasn't an intention to take over the entrant licence and use the assets as a short cut to equipment and some staff...

The whole Caterham deal is murky and rather dark if that is the case. Because Kolles is involved in this and is still supposed to be connected to the other I am just unsure about Forza Rossa.

The other point to note is that the principal of Forza Rossa is also a Ferrari dealer but the Haas operation also has taken up the Ferrari connection, sponsored Ferrari, and is set for a drivetrain deal.

Has that scuppered Forza Rossa's plans.....?
Old 30 Oct 2014, 04:41 (Ref:3469885)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Forza Rossa Is Go!!!

...and apparently already looking for backing...

Wonder what remnants of Caterham and/or Marussia the principals may salvage to shore up this new squad?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Oct 2014, 08:47 (Ref:3469912)   #5
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRT 2.0?
Old 31 Oct 2014, 00:14 (Ref:3470111)   #6
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Forza Rossa Is Go!!!

Wonder what remnants of Caterham and/or Marussia the principals may salvage to shore up this new squad?
Ha Ha! there's a good bit of nothing journalism. Anyone want to offer odds on this fairytale happening?
Old 31 Oct 2014, 00:18 (Ref:3470112)   #7
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Forza Rossa Is Go!!!

So mate.... If I were Gene Haas, which of course I am not, I would ............
Old 31 Oct 2014, 01:09 (Ref:3470120)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
So mate.... If I were Gene Haas, which of course I am not, I would ............
A clever owner would possibly secure the IP to the current year's Marussia design, buy an employee list and with the help of the right experts, begin to populate the design, production & race teams...

Presumably access to the design could help the drawing crew understand all about packaging the Ferrari powerplant and drivetrain and electronics before the HaasF1 guys & gals need to figure it out on their own..

Maybe..
Old 31 Oct 2014, 01:35 (Ref:3470124)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
And there you are folks, my esteem colleague hits a home run..

Joking aside what GTR says does make complete sense...

Gene Haas is not so dumb after all is he....Or !
Old 31 Oct 2014, 01:56 (Ref:3470129)   #10
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Of course he could take a look at what is happening and pull the plug.......maybe.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 03:12 (Ref:3470141)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

Why thank you

That the concept is logical is perhaps the very reason why it wont actually happen
Old 31 Oct 2014, 06:42 (Ref:3470167)   #12
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Why thank you

That the concept is logical is perhaps the very reason why it wont actually happen
Probably not if he has to buy the team (and debts) in order to get that. If it is a liquidation then I could see him cherry picking bits and pieces as required.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 22:01 (Ref:3470330)   #13
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...s-kolles-link/
Interesting
Old 31 Oct 2014, 22:50 (Ref:3470347)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholosophy View Post
Probably not if he has to buy the team (and debts) in order to get that. If it is a liquidation then I could see him cherry picking bits and pieces as required.
When the administrators realise all hope of putting the band back together is lost, the auction will be the next logical step
Old 31 Oct 2014, 22:53 (Ref:3470350)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Team headquarters?

She's a bit small...

Old 31 Oct 2014, 23:00 (Ref:3470354)   #16
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I understand the reason Forza Rossa don't have an entry yet is they have not paid their their deposit to the FIA. I remember reading that in the last week or so but can't find the link.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 23:05 (Ref:3470358)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I understand the reason Forza Rossa don't have an entry yet is they have not paid their their deposit to the FIA. I remember reading that in the last week or so but can't find the link.
Its due November 1st isnt it?
Old 31 Oct 2014, 23:36 (Ref:3470368)   #18
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Its due November 1st isnt it?
I know that date is used for existing teams but I am not sure about new ones.