Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Jul 2020, 18:43 (Ref:3988270)   #6926
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
what's the usual crowd figure at knockhill?
I thought most circuits were getting something in the region of 30,000. Don't know about Knockhill specifically
Old 14 Jul 2020, 19:26 (Ref:3988277)   #6927
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington Park seem to be operating as if there will be no restrictions whatsoever. https://doningtonpark.msv.com/DP-20-BTCC#

Hospitality and lounges open, promise of fairground rides and trade stalls. Not even a single reference to coronavirus restrictions from what I can see.

And yes, it's specifically for the rescheduled August meeting, not a reference to the original March weekend.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 19:50 (Ref:3988281)   #6928
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Why is it sad?
Dynamics was a bit like team HARD that year
Old 14 Jul 2020, 20:17 (Ref:3988291)   #6929
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah, like the season a two time champion won three races for HARD. Hang on a minute...
Old 14 Jul 2020, 20:21 (Ref:3988293)   #6930
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Dynamics was a bit like team HARD that year
By which you mean competing in every round, and running a 2x champion and a former F1 driver during the season?

They can't win every season.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 20:27 (Ref:3988294)   #6931
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pinkney was purelly for the budget he brought

the first car Shedden was fired after 1st meeting then given to Pinkney

2nd car was split between Thomo and Herbert during season

so in essence none of the driver they started with finished the season
Old 14 Jul 2020, 21:00 (Ref:3988300)   #6932
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I thought most circuits were getting something in the region of 30,000. Don't know about Knockhill specifically
30k is about right. I think the Scottish government are expected to allow crowds of around 2000 for events once restrictions are eased further.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 21:05 (Ref:3988301)   #6933
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Shedden was fired and his seat was given to Pinkney? Bit hard since Pinkney was already with the team. It also gives lie to the claim that none of the drivers they started with finished the season
Old 14 Jul 2020, 21:46 (Ref:3988315)   #6934
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Pinkney's new build (TD-09-005) was not ready for media day, so he used a chassis that was end of life (TD-07-003).

Pinkney used the same car in every round during the season. And whilst he was there for budget, that's true of most of the grid.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 21:50 (Ref:3988316)   #6935
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I realise the danger in quoting 'some bloke on Facebook', but saw a post earlier from someone who had phoned Knockhill ticket office. He was told the current plan is to limit the event to just 2000 spectators, although that might change 'if things don't get worse'
Knockhill’s making an announcement in the morning regarding their 2020 event calendar.

They’ve already sent season pass holders options and one of them does include still attending events this year subject to limitations.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 07:21 (Ref:3988473)   #6936
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
30k is about right. I think the Scottish government are expected to allow crowds of around 2000 for events once restrictions are eased further.
I could be wrong on this, but I'm sure I remember reading that Knockhill's BTCC attendance was in the teen thousands. I may have totally made that up, mind you. The old mind isn't what it once was.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 08:32 (Ref:3988478)   #6937
S griffin
Veteran

Knockhill usually attracts a big crowd, they are very passionate about the BTCC up there or so I hear
Old 15 Jul 2020, 12:22 (Ref:3988520)   #6938
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wee nippy is hell bent on damaging Scottish companys as much as possible so I don't suppose Knockhill will be any exception to this.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 13:02 (Ref:3988531)   #6939
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
Wee nippy is hell bent on damaging Scottish companys as much as possible so I don't suppose Knockhill will be any exception to this.
Less people dead is the first priority.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 13:02 (Ref:3988532)   #6940
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
I could be wrong on this, but I'm sure I remember reading that Knockhill's BTCC attendance was in the teen thousands. I may have totally made that up, mind you. The old mind isn't what it once was.
30-40k dependant on weather.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 13:30 (Ref:3988535)   #6941
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well there is not much else to do up there
Old 15 Jul 2020, 14:30 (Ref:3988543)   #6942
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Knockhill usually attracts a big crowd, they are very passionate about the BTCC up there or so I hear
I hear that the crowd at Croft are very knowledgeable as well
Old 15 Jul 2020, 14:42 (Ref:3988546)   #6943
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Every circuit has the best fans. Or maybe not..
Old 15 Jul 2020, 15:03 (Ref:3988553)   #6944
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
I hear that the crowd at Croft are very knowledgeable as well

That’s what I heard too. Unfortunately I don’t have the knowledge to get to Yorkshire
Old 16 Jul 2020, 06:51 (Ref:3988647)   #6945
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
In Motorsport News, Dick Bennetts confirmed only two cars for this year, adding that whilst lots of people had been in touch he was only interested in a driver who could sign for this year and next year and without that being forthcoming they will stick with two cars for 2020.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 07:14 (Ref:3988649)   #6946
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
30-40k dependant on weather.
Is that over the course of the weekend, or a total on a race day?
Old 16 Jul 2020, 07:21 (Ref:3988650)   #6947
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
In Motorsport News, Dick Bennetts confirmed only two cars for this year, adding that whilst lots of people had been in touch he was only interested in a driver who could sign for this year and next year and without that being forthcoming they will stick with two cars for 2020.
According to the quote, he's looking for "someone who isn’t a numpty and has the relevant budget". No wonder he hasn't found anyone.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 07:38 (Ref:3988651)   #6948
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
According to the quote, he's looking for "someone who isn’t a numpty and has the relevant budget". No wonder he hasn't found anyone.
Is it a sliding scale - the more budget the greater your numptiness can be?
Old 16 Jul 2020, 07:44 (Ref:3988653)   #6949
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Spotted some comments on Facebook groups that perhaps BMW could put a junior driver in the seat. Do people really not understand the economics of motor racing at all??
Old 16 Jul 2020, 07:46 (Ref:3988654)   #6950
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
Is that over the course of the weekend, or a total on a race day?
I am sure the record BTCC race day crowd at knockhill was about 27k back in 1997. I think it’s a bit lower these days.