Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jul 2020, 12:09 (Ref:3987900)   #176
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
RBR are saying he got his endplate lodged in his bargeboard. I'm not sure I like the sound of that.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...833367/?nrt=54
Sometimes those come out quite easily. Sometimes it requires a bit of surgery. Either way it can be quite painful! I hope he recovers quickly enough for next weekend.

Richard
Old 13 Jul 2020, 14:27 (Ref:3987939)   #177
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
At least with Ferrari we didn’t see the drivers blaming each other when they came together, unlike the Haas drivers
Speaking of Haas, I can't see that Gene has seen anything so far this year to encourage him to continue to throw money at it Haas F1?
Old 13 Jul 2020, 14:28 (Ref:3987942)   #178
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Don’t worry, at least they are not with Rich Energy anymore
Old 13 Jul 2020, 15:30 (Ref:3987973)   #179
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Perez pitstop to lap 68 he gained 6.5s on Bottas......

http://en.mclarenf-1.com/index.php?page=chart&gp=1040&graf=3&dr1=Sergio%20Perez&dr2=Valtteri%20Bottas
Old 13 Jul 2020, 15:34 (Ref:3987974)   #180
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well he set 4 or 5 fast laps in there as well.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 15:57 (Ref:3987987)   #181
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I did ask if any lightning would strike twice and it kind of did when Perez and Albon clashed. Second week in a row Albon was hit at that corner, only this time the other driver suffered.

Stroll’s move seemed quite overambitious. It seemed typical, ‘give room or we’ll crash’, as proved that he didn’t make the corner. I guess with Norris catching, he felt obliged to try something, but he was fortunate he didn’t take himself and Ricciardo out
Old 14 Jul 2020, 20:13 (Ref:3988288)   #182
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well who is first thing? They had to bring back a driver they fully released in Kyvat, Gasly is a no go at Red Bull since they don't think he's aggressive enough and too polite, Albon isn't fast as Max or you wouldn't need a new #2, so who are you signing? They don't seem to have an up and coming drivers, can't poach from Indy as the few eligible for SuperLicence aren't going to leave and the last driver they hired wasn't eligible. Vettel isn't really an option for the price likely required, doubtful Marko would sign him for a 4x WC cost to be #2. And consistency has not been Vettel's forte lately.

Vettel
Hulkenberg
Russel (not likely)

Quote:
And AT is not going to be able to just get the 21 car. Hell the work Racing Point had to do to show they built from pictures and observation the 2020 car to the FIA took multiple trips. Can give them the allowed parts list as Haas and Alfa Romeo have done but that's it. And with the 2 drivers they have it's not going to be close. But closer than Ferrari's satellites by a wide margin.

My comment wasn't meant to be all that serious.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 21:24 (Ref:3988306)   #183
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel unlikely due to cost

Hulk is another team's reject so Marko would never accept that.

Russell isn't going to give up the Mercedes connection to go Red Bull, he's holding out hope for the Mercedes reward for Williams purgatory.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 21:58 (Ref:3988317)   #184
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
People like Di Resta shoukd stop digging at Albon all the time. Alex is doing a far better job than the previous occupant which is why he was replaced in the first place!

Albon didn't have a great weekend but memories are always short in F1 these days. The bloke could have won the previous weekend!

Albon is clearly finding it difficult to match Max every weelend but then who wouldn't! He generally goes netter in the race.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 23:46 (Ref:3988328)   #185
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
People like Di Resta shoukd stop digging at Albon all the time. Alex is doing a far better job than the previous occupant which is why he was replaced in the first place!

Albon didn't have a great weekend but memories are always short in F1 these days. The bloke could have won the previous weekend!

Albon is clearly finding it difficult to match Max every weelend but then who wouldn't! He generally goes netter in the race.
Obviously a long way to go but it seems like Albon is just a slightly quicker Gasly.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 01:14 (Ref:3988456)   #186
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Or at least he's more aggressive and willing to try. Marko seems to value the chances taken more than points
Old 15 Jul 2020, 08:12 (Ref:3988476)   #187
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the criticism of Albon is pretty harsh at times. He's had a massive baptism of fire and coped pretty well IMO.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 08:35 (Ref:3988479)   #188
S griffin
Veteran

Agreed. It wasn't like he was a lap back like Gasly was at the circuit last season. Could do with picking up the pace a bit more this weekend, but he did a good enough job at the opening GP to show he can. Maybe I see him as Coulthard to Verstappen's Hakkinen, but that's no bad thing, Max is a great driver
Old 15 Jul 2020, 10:15 (Ref:3988502)   #189
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree too. It's always going to be hard for the No.2 at RB, cast deliberately in Max's shadow but I think he's doing a more than decent job. IMO he's far better than either Gasly and (definitely) Kvyat (who in my view is pretty fortunate to still be in F1) and I doubt that Horner and co will be looking to replace him in any kind of hurry.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 10:20 (Ref:3988505)   #190
S griffin
Veteran

He certainly seems faster than Gasly. Not sure he’s faster than Kvyat, there were times he was as quick, if not quicker than Ricciardo, but certainly Albon is less likely to get involved in incidents than Kvyat
Old 15 Jul 2020, 10:58 (Ref:3988511)   #191
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Red Bull had the answer - Ricciardo, but he didn't like the lie of the land so jumped (much to Red Bulls surprise), they also had the obvious replacement - Sainz, but presumably Max didn't like that option so they let him go. As a result their conveyor belt of drivers hasn't been able to keep up - Gasly was promoted too soon and wilted and they've had to bring back Albon and Kvyat to plug holes. Albon seems to be doing a better job than Gasly - he may not have been on Max's pace but he's consistently bothering the top half of the top ten rather than getting lapped.

Unless Red Bull look outside their driver program (or bring back another former driver - Vettel) then they haven't got much option but to stick with what they've got at the moment. Binning Ticktum has also left a hole in the young driver program, he looked to be the next one being lined up for F1 before he got punted out of the door.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 13:38 (Ref:3988537)   #192
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
He certainly seems faster than Gasly. Not sure he’s faster than Kvyat, there were times he was as quick, if not quicker than Ricciardo, but certainly Albon is less likely to get involved in incidents than Kvyat
Unless Hamilton is the other party, he and Albon do seem to be developing a history
Old 15 Jul 2020, 15:05 (Ref:3988555)   #193
S griffin
Veteran

At least Albon has been good enough to get into that position of clashing with Lewis in the first place
Old 15 Jul 2020, 15:36 (Ref:3988563)   #194
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Unless Hamilton is the other party, he and Albon do seem to be developing a history
It's only been twice. I don't think there's anything to read into it yet.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 16:48 (Ref:3988570)   #195
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Yes just extremely unfortunate. I hope Alex isn't going to become an 'Albatross' though!
Old 15 Jul 2020, 16:51 (Ref:3988572)   #196
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Not sure Albon thinks that way
Old 16 Jul 2020, 17:42 (Ref:3988781)   #197
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Actually, can I put my hand up and say I am quite liking the new slimmed down F1, the more basic paddock, less media stuff and from Joe Sawards column allegedly some of the f1 team personnel and enjoying less media and vip guests.

I can honestly say I've not missed the lack of spectators, after a few laps I had forgotten there weren't any. I am liking the two back to back events, they should do them next year and come up with a business model to make it work, maybe tweak the 2nd race a bit how about an extra point if you get fastest lap in both races.

Under the BE CVC regime, F1 had almost fallen out of love with Europe, to some it was a 'third world' poor hunting ground for F1 will few willing governments to pay F1's demands and no unaccountable regimes to thrown public dollars at vanity projects.

Now, to me, F1 by neccessity has re-discovered Europe, arguably tradtitional F1 tracks have saved F1. Europe was F1's heartland for teams, circuits and fans - great to see it 'back' and appreciated.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 18:04 (Ref:3988788)   #198
S griffin
Veteran

I agree, so far so good. This has been a good temporary solution. I do miss some of the old routines, like the proper podium ceremonies. But it’s good we’re more Europe based, even I am missing some, not all, of the faraway races.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 18:23 (Ref:3988796)   #199
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I agree, so far so good. This has been a good temporary solution. I do miss some of the old routines, like the proper podium ceremonies. But it’s good we’re more Europe based, even I am missing some, not all, of the faraway races.
But the Styrian one was simply hilarious!
Old 16 Jul 2020, 18:29 (Ref:3988798)   #200
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But the Styrian one was simply hilarious!
I think we can do without the Wall E look alike delivery system and i think the micky taking of that fiasco will mean it will not be repeated.