Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Mar 2010, 00:42 (Ref:2644503)   #276
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i did ask the quetsion in the Fujitsu thread, but i'll ask it here as well:
does the Fujitsu series run on a lower grade version of REC's? i guess not seeing as some cars run partial season's, but if so... is DJ now considered by V8SC a fit and proper person to hold a contract?
Old 4 Mar 2010, 00:48 (Ref:2644510)   #277
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No RECs in Fujitsu Series - Teams pay an 'Entrant' Fee for each round.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 05:26 (Ref:2644578)   #278
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
opinion8head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
... is DJ now considered by V8SC a fit and proper person to hold a contract?
On that note, how fit and proper is DJ considered by all his former "contract holders"?
And why are they so quiet...'this silent majority'...embarrassed?
Or...Spent?
To enter the Fujitsu Series indeed all you have to do is pay an entrance fee...put SOME money down,so its a perfect venue for DJ really Eh...
Putting just SOME money down is where THE TEAM shines...
after that it seems the mumbo jumbo of "contract 101" as applied by "team management" come into play,hence the "success" of...THE TEAM.

The only visible "winner" in any of these "Team contracts" I have observed, would have to be Tripple F,their "association" was so "successful"...they emulated Victor Kiam...they paid their money down and now own the important bit.
A bit missleading granted, But, 'more importingly', they didn't turn their funds over to THE TEAM, avoiding the "personal iron clad guarantees" thus ensuring the success of that "purchase/contract"....IMO.
So they get the "start money" provided by VESA...And get to run the outfit their way. How many hundred thousands $ is that per season now?
Even at that I'd hazzard the guess,Tripple F probably feel the same way as any others who have been involved in "contracts/negotiations" with "the team"
Old 5 Mar 2010, 03:09 (Ref:2645258)   #279
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh dear dieity, David John coming back to V8 Supercars? Oh dear.....
Old 5 Mar 2010, 03:33 (Ref:2645261)   #280
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2010/03/...-v8-supercars/

Snip
The MW Motorsport Falcon is currently in the paint shop receiving a fresh coat of TKR’s traditional black paint.

It is not confirmed yet what car and team package TKR will use after the opening round at the Clipsal 500 event, although John is hopeful of sorting a deal with MW Motorsport.

Bit of a contradiction there. Will we see them for more than 1 round? Suppose it depends on whether they pay their bills!
Old 5 Mar 2010, 03:48 (Ref:2645266)   #281
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is obviously a good talker and talks his why out of every bad situation.

FPR did the right thing. As soon as they didn't pay a bill they sent him packing.

SBR made him pay money in advance first, but he was apparently angry with SBR for wanting him to do that. Something to do with trust.

How dare you run a business like that SBR.

Go figure DJ. I don't think you will get much respect.

I would have at least six months worth of money paid up first with a deposit and monthly payments straight away. at least you have 6 months worth of payments and his deposit if he does not pay just once.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 10:07 (Ref:2645390)   #282
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2010/03/...-v8-supercars/

The MW Motorsport Falcon is currently in the paint shop receiving a fresh coat of TKR’s traditional black paint.

It is not confirmed yet what car and team package TKR will use after the opening round at the Clipsal 500 event, although John is hopeful of sorting a deal with MW Motorsport.

Bit of a contradiction there. Will we see them for more than 1 round? Suppose it depends on whether they pay their bills!
Perhaps TKR wants one of the ex FPR cars but only has enough to pay for the ex Thexton mobile and MW Motorsport are waiting to see what deals they can do to run these?
Old 6 Mar 2010, 07:23 (Ref:2645954)   #283
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck to TKR but why do I have feeling of deja vu? MWR would be going into this deal with their eyes open but I bet they've had a quiet word to FPR, SBR, T8, PMM etc etc.

Bit rich to be blathering on about what the team will be doing "next year" when it has a one race deal with MWR.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2646590)   #284
interested76
Rookie

interested76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All things aside, goodluck to Matthew Hamilton! He is a very talented driver who has accomplished many things in motorsport, espicially karting and deserves this opportunity. If we are all seeming so interested in TKR for various reasons lets support at least him! He may not have V8 experience but will compete to a high level in whatever he does! Lady Wigram Trophy Winner, Multiple NZ Karting Champion , World Karting Championships 2009 3rd! Thanks TKR for giving another kiwi driver a chance!
Old 11 Mar 2010, 10:04 (Ref:2649469)   #285
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Its true! Allegedly in the car driven in 2009 by Mr Assaillit!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Mar 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2649501)   #286
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Its true! Allegedly in the car driven in 2009 by Mr Assaillit!
That would make it a BA rather than BF as the TKR release suggested. Unless the car was given a BirFday.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 06:27 (Ref:2650090)   #287
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and damaged already, steering broken, will we see it again this year??
Old 12 Mar 2010, 06:55 (Ref:2650100)   #288
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
and damaged already, steering broken, will we see it again this year??

Old 12 Mar 2010, 10:52 (Ref:2650211)   #289
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still TKR's 10th Anniversary? I thought that was last year...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 12 Mar 2010, 20:42 (Ref:2650598)   #290
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shhhhh! We don't talk about last year, it never happened...
Old 12 Mar 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2650616)   #291
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I guess they have a lot of merchandise to sell
Old 12 Mar 2010, 21:59 (Ref:2650652)   #292
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
Shhhhh! We don't talk about last year, it never happened...
Well they never finished the year in racing, so potentially 2010 is the 10th anniversary....
Old 13 Mar 2010, 03:27 (Ref:2650778)   #293
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
He is obviously a good talker and talks his why out of every bad situation.

FPR did the right thing. As soon as they didn't pay a bill they sent him packing.

[As soon as the arrears demands provoked the customary disputes and denials, the "the usual scenario", yep Ford gave him the "kiss off"]

SBR made him pay money in advance first, but he was apparently angry with SBR for wanting him to do that. Something to do with trust.

[I don't know about that, when Ross arrived TKR had just been "evacuated" from their "world class HQ" in Montgomerie Rd Auckland,an 'unpaid item' inspired event.
Another...the merchandise supplier at the time "very keen' to recover an old debt'... unpaid bills, the usual inspiration decamp.

Ross's arrival was "timely" you might say...I personally doubt if any other than one of DJ's good ol "personal iron clad guarantees" was given to Ross to "consumate" a deal...Yeah, trust]

How dare you run a business like that SBR.

Go figure DJ. I don't think you will get much respect.

[DJ is in receipt of the respect he has earned ]

I would have at least six months worth of money paid up first with a deposit and monthly payments straight away. at least you have 6 months worth of payments and his deposit if he does not pay just once.
If you wanted 6 months worth of money "up front" you wouldn't be doing business, as this is historically not the way of it, the'TEAM' way is...Speil, personal guarantee, deal, and ultimately....Disputes.

A "good talker" kittle? Not the way I'd put it, not even close.

They would need a lot of merchandise to sell pecker,running a one off v8 entry,and trying to maintain the mini programme as well...Everything costs money

interested76...is that you Evo,DJ?... if not your post has a familiar 'ring' to it.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 10:22 (Ref:2652484)   #294
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 16 Mar 2010, 02:47 (Ref:2653182)   #295
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not too many past loyal sponsors on show there.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 00:30 (Ref:2653873)   #296
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Never Give Up, is gone...
There are a couple of loyal friends there,Gentlemen that just don't know how to quit IMO.

Gotta have stickers...its a race car...Wouldn't look 'impressive' otherwise...Would it?
The're only stickers after all, historically placing 'sponsors' on the car has been more a matter of 'potential'...'here is a spot' put 'so and so' there.
Take some photos and 'go do the speil'...

Remember the TV channel logo so prominent on the bonnet way back.
They 'sponsored' the team?...they didn't think so...it HAD to be REMOVED...but it 'furthered the illusion' Eh...for 'photographic presentation opportunities'...

Sponsors of the team...
After a 'sponsor' is 'done' their stickers may remain for quite some time...maintain the illusion...
If the logo stays on the car, big D seems to consider it adds some sort of leverage value in 'moving foward' to further...'negotiations'...
Or they 'request' their companys logo's... 'immediate removal'...

The 'new sponsors' visible...they will join a queue...of former sponsors.
Like the 'former drivers' line...and privately...just as grateful.

And the long term 'gold level sponsor' mentioned on the wondersite...is ??
My guess it's the silver fern...Daves kiwi 'bully on' exchange...

BTW...I haven't seen any photos of this cars bum...Do the lawyers and the bean counter still feature?

Last edited by opinion8head; 17 Mar 2010 at 00:44.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 02:38 (Ref:2653910)   #297
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can any one explain the logic behind:

leasing a car on a round by round deal;
with a rookie saloon car driver;
with the first round on a s#%t of a street-course, when the team arn't obligated to do every round/event????????????????????????

i would have thought , they might have blooded a new driver on a real racetrack so he can get a decent feel for the car, without trying to work his way around the labyrinth of concrete walls on a streetcourse???

no disrespect to Matt, he has shown he is a capable open-wheel/kart racer, but i somehow knew this weekend would end in tears, which is very unfortunate for his self-esteem, and probably his wallet
Old 17 Mar 2010, 03:46 (Ref:2653927)   #298
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by opinion8head View Post
And the long term 'gold level sponsor' mentioned on the wondersite...is ??
My guess it's the silver fern...Daves kiwi 'bully on' exchange...

BTW...I haven't seen any photos of this cars bum...Do the lawyers and the bean counter still feature?
I suspect the long term Gold Level Sponsor is Pitstop.. They're all over the side of the Mini's...

I do however know that one their current of sponsors will cease to exist in a few weeks, not that the ceasing to exist has anything to do with TKR.. it'll just be interesting to see how long they stay listed as a "sponsor".

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
can any one explain the logic behind:

leasing a car on a round by round deal;
with a rookie saloon car driver;
with the first round on a s#%t of a street-course, when the team arn't obligated to do every round/event????????????????????????

i would have thought , they might have blooded a new driver on a real racetrack so he can get a decent feel for the car, without trying to work his way around the labyrinth of concrete walls on a streetcourse???

no disrespect to Matt, he has shown he is a capable open-wheel/kart racer, but i somehow knew this weekend would end in tears, which is very unfortunate for his self-esteem, and probably his wallet
Exactly... If the kid's paying for the damage why not throw him at the streets? It's a win win for DJ... He gets the ball rolling with the V8 Supercar come back to V8 Supercars, with no risk if the kid walls it.

Does anyone know when the draw for the Silouette car is made? I've seen the car with "Win Me" stickers on it since early November (almost 5 months ago) and haven't seen anything on the website about it....
Old 17 Mar 2010, 03:50 (Ref:2653928)   #299
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by opinion8head View Post
The bean counter is on the A pillar.
Old 18 Mar 2010, 00:45 (Ref:2654619)   #300
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
The bean counter is on the A pillar.
Hopefully Evomike has password protected his computer to keep out unauthorized access of his ten tenths account and username.