Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Mar 2004, 12:48 (Ref:910675)   #26
bluebeard
Veteran

England
wirral
bluebeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Russ maybe Minardi is badly handling and maybe it is unstable under braking but is it that dis-similar to last years car? I seem to remember Justin Wilson made a much better job of driving a similar car only last year?
Old 19 Mar 2004, 13:11 (Ref:910704)   #27
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Firman was running right behind Fisichella in Brazil last eyar when his suspension failed, which I think is what was meant about how he could've been a winner.

Zsolt was only half a second off Bruni's pace in Malaysia testing, so maybe he's starting to become respectable.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 13:15 (Ref:910708)   #28
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Firman was running right behind Fisichella in Brazil last eyar when his suspension failed, which I think is what was meant about how he could've been a winner.
Ah, ok, i get it now...
Old 19 Mar 2004, 22:20 (Ref:911209)   #29
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
What i don't understand is why these guys arn't on "probation" just as Kimi was for his first 4 races?
Probably because Kimi had very little experience.

Kimmi entered F1 because he is fast.

Most drivers who enter F1 only because of the money they bring, will have succeeded in the past to have gotten a seat in some F3 series (or better), so in most cases they have some experience at starting in races at a high level.

If they were fast enough, they wouldn't have to do a race distance in testing in order to get theis super license.

If they had to do the race distance in order to get the super license, they have both the experience and the test.
Kimmi only had the test and his 2 years in Formula Renault.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 02:40 (Ref:911388)   #30
mcrane2000
Rookie

mcrane2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I totally agree with Martin, baumgartner is an embarrasment to formula one, supposedley the pinacle of the motor racing world. There are hundreds of more deserving drivers who could be in that seat than Zslot, but in this day and age seats in the smaller teams are ultimately sold to the highest bidder.

It is also unfair to say that his performance is down to the handling of the minardi. The minardis have been the slowest, most underfunded cars on the grid for years, but it is still possible to impress in one if you are good enough, just look at Alonso, Fisichella, Trulli and Webber, 4 of the finest drivers in F1 today, all impressing at minardi, and that is without mentioning the likes of Justin Wilson and Mark Gene!!!

It is ultimately down to the talent of the drivers how far you go in F1, and I for 1 admire Martin Brundle, for the honesty and entusiam that you feel in his commentry, he says it as he sees it, and from a man with his experience in the sport, that is invaluable to the armchair viewer.

KEEP IT UP MARTIN AND DISPELL THE LIKES OF ZSLOT BAUMGARTNER FROM OUR GREAT SPORT!!!
Old 20 Mar 2004, 21:17 (Ref:912770)   #31
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
HERE! HERE!
I thought i was the only one who didn't think Zsolt was doing a good enough job.
So i guess the questions are
1) Will he stay at Minardi and 2) WHEN!!! he goes who will replace him.My guess is probably Justin Wilson or maybe Ralph Firman
Your thoughts???
Ohh yea and what do you mean when you say "IMO" ??
Old 20 Mar 2004, 21:18 (Ref:912772)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In My Opinion.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 21:39 (Ref:912790)   #33
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Brundle provides excellent commentary. His comment was not out of place at all. I enjoy when someone tells it like it is (ie. Don Cherry, Jesse the Body).
Bumgartner is a true example of a diluted F1 driver...brings danger to the track. Sure Minardi isn't running on all cylinders, but the team is a good training ground for potential up and comer drivers (ie. Alonso).
Old 20 Mar 2004, 22:39 (Ref:912876)   #34
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Baumgartner...means...'Tree Gardener'!...what does 'Zsolt' mean?

Last edited by Rennen; 20 Mar 2004 at 22:40.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 22:41 (Ref:912883)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"the bolt".
Old 20 Mar 2004, 22:51 (Ref:912906)   #36
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, it was last year's Malaysian grand Prix where Firman made me notice him. Until a fuel pickup issue, I think he was running eigth or something? Can anyone remember?
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 23:05 (Ref:912926)   #37
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh!..'Bolt the Treegardener'...now theres a racing drivers name for ya!
Old 21 Mar 2004, 01:15 (Ref:913159)   #38
3state
Racer

3state should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember being one of the few to come out and criticise Baumgartner after his first appearance at Hungary last year. Many people said i was being unfair....
Old 21 Mar 2004, 11:17 (Ref:913851)   #39
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's not as good a name as Johnny Carwash (Giavanni Lavaggi) or Gaston Dog-Killer (Mazzacane), but he's clearly as bad as both of those.

That said, he looked a little better this weekend, generally staying on the road and getting within a second of Gimmi.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 11:29 (Ref:913863)   #40
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Anyone notice how far off the circuit he went in his attempt to get out of Michaels way? Think martin said something like "Michael scared him off the track"
Old 21 Mar 2004, 11:58 (Ref:913880)   #41
Attila
Racer

Attila should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Hungarian TV commentators called him up after the race and he was clearly unhappy with his own performance. He said his car just was not right, they even changed the cars front wing to find more downforce, but it did not work. I do not think that he was a danger to anybody, and I do not think that he was a disgrace.

Of course I am more than biased towards him, because I used to work for the company that managed him, so that makes me his ex-manager. We brought him to F3000 and I belive that he is a much better F1 driver than F3000 driver. Taking the fact that he pays $8 million per year, does not crash cars and in my opinion is not dangerous, he is good choice for a paydriver.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 21:42 (Ref:914313)   #42
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
It's not as good a name as Johnny Carwash (Giavanni Lavaggi) or Gaston Dog-Killer (Mazzacane), but he's clearly as bad as both of those.
When I first saw references to Ricardo Londono-Bridge, I thought it was an April Fool's joke...

Dick Passwater? Dick Trickle?
Old 21 Mar 2004, 22:32 (Ref:914376)   #43
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tell me something BootsOntheSide if he doesn't have a super license, how is it that he is out there on the grid? Am I missing something here?
Old 21 Mar 2004, 22:49 (Ref:914389)   #44
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Anyone notice how far off the circuit he went in his attempt to get out of Michaels way? Think martin said something like "Michael scared him off the track"
Having seen him in F3000 the last 2 years, I thought that was just his regular line.