Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Second driver at Williams (not Button or Webber)?
Fisichella 24 32.88%
Villeneuve 33 45.21%
Neither - specify 16 21.92%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Mar 2004, 00:40 (Ref:910024)   #26
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well you did put him up against a former WDC, what did you expect? However with the general anti-JV feeling on this forum I must say I am a bit surprised to see JV ahead as well.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 02:03 (Ref:910066)   #27
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Its tough routing for the underdog. I guess I know what you feel like now Teddy

'Cept, of course, your guy got his big chance in a top car.

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 19 Mar 2004 at 02:07.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 02:15 (Ref:910073)   #28
Meroo
Racer

Australia
South Coast NSW
Meroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prefer some fresh blood. Give someone else a go.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 02:25 (Ref:910082)   #29
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya

'Cept, of course, your guy got his big chance in a top car.
True enough but I never got to see it. Only started watchin F1 since 98/99 so for me supporting JV all this time has been much like supporting Fisichella, always the underdog.

I would be happy to see Fisi get the shot he deserves. JV and Fisi at Williams would be really exciting to watch.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 02:41 (Ref:910101)   #30
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Geez, let them have at least one good driver

Webber and/or Button should be there
Old 19 Mar 2004, 04:05 (Ref:910165)   #31
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Put me down for Ralf Schumacher/Scott Dixon for 2005.I think it will come down to BMW saying who they want driving,Ralf is the only current "top" driver who would suit them.Dixon is the obvious next best thing,unless he's snapped up by a red car team with a black prancing horse on it.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 04:28 (Ref:910199)   #32
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Geez, let them have at least one good driver

Webber and/or Button should be there
Ooooo, Frank, reread my sig... Would love to make Wrex eat his bat...
Old 19 Mar 2004, 04:30 (Ref:910205)   #33
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!

Mate, I would love to take ot back, and of the 2 Fisi is the only one possible. But surely even you, a diehard fan, can see he is not racing as brilliantly as he has done in the past.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 04:37 (Ref:910213)   #34
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
I'll believe he's lost it if Massa beats him this year. A mistake in qualifying cost him last weekend - and Massa was the better driver. So we'll give round one to Massa... but its early days
Old 19 Mar 2004, 04:56 (Ref:910231)   #35
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Scott Dixon is my pick to drive with Mark in a willy next year
Old 19 Mar 2004, 07:26 (Ref:910342)   #36
devil racer nz
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington, New Zealand
devil racer nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Webber
Scott Dixon is my pick to drive with Mark in a willy next year
A Kiwi-Aussie rivalry at Williams next year? Now that would be good

Last edited by devil racer nz; 19 Mar 2004 at 07:26.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 07:30 (Ref:910351)   #37
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jacques!
But then again i'm totally biased!
Old 19 Mar 2004, 07:35 (Ref:910357)   #38
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My vote for Fisi; apart from any national involvement I don't like reheated soups.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:53 (Ref:910623)   #39
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I vote for Fisi as well.

Frank wants drivers who get down to business and Fisi, finally finding himself in a decent seat would do just that. Villeneuve, despite a WDC, may have lost his touch. Assuming as Inigo suggests, that Williams have Button, who is the better driver? Button struggled against Fisi in a dog of a car and handily dealt with JV. If Button's star is rising, then Fisi is the man to bring the team along with him.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:56 (Ref:910625)   #40
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
Button struggled against Fisi in a dog of a car and handily dealt with JV.
Personally i can't see either Fisi or JV at Williams next year, but would be very interested to see how Fisi handles Jenson now that Jenson has a bit more experience.

Last edited by Mr V; 19 Mar 2004 at 11:57.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 12:30 (Ref:910651)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Reading this thread is clear why we are the fans and THEY are the bosses. Certainly they know something we don't. Apart from the usual bias and compliments, there's the cold rock of the business.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 12:56 (Ref:910683)   #42
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Well, either that, or the bosses know nothing
Old 19 Mar 2004, 13:04 (Ref:910696)   #43
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Fisi deserves a chance in a top car, which Villeneuve has already had... But I think Gene deserves a chance even more... Im sure Fisi would rather drive for Ferrari anyway

Yay, 100 posts at last!

Last edited by Ryo28; 19 Mar 2004 at 13:06.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 13:23 (Ref:910715)   #44
1 Lotus
Rookie

1 Lotus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think JV will go to Toyota with Ralf and that Fisi (although I think it wrong) will go to Williams. Fisi at Williams will be good for Giancarlo, but not for Williams, IMO.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 13:25 (Ref:910717)   #45
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Well, either that, or the bosses know nothing
Chaos is the only rule...
Old 19 Mar 2004, 13:48 (Ref:910753)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree with Mr. V. If I were Frank I wouldn't take either of them.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 14:23 (Ref:910793)   #47
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
And you would give the drive to ________ instead?
Old 19 Mar 2004, 14:33 (Ref:910802)   #48
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I agree with Mr. V. If I were Frank I wouldn't take either of them.
That's what I said ! Sir Frank already knows what he will have in 2005...
Old 19 Mar 2004, 14:55 (Ref:910820)   #49
DieRitter
Racer

Switzerland
Zürich, Switzerland
DieRitter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of people here wouldn't say that... but if I had to give a name at this point, the most likely would be Pizzonia.

Don't ask me why. Just add this page to your favorites and we will see the grid in 12 months.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 14:56 (Ref:910821)   #50
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Pizzonia? That's a good one DieRitter...