Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Aug 2009, 07:28 (Ref:2525923)   #176
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
Appear's my thought's that it was Tony Southgate were correct, im intrigued as to what ghinzani said, it could conspire that the 333sp and the Alfa Gr.C car are possibly related through the engine, but im not entirely sure, if it is a hack of the Ferrari F1 lump, then the two car's are intertwined in that area, .
Werent the chassis both made by Dallara? Surely some "cross-polination" there then? Also Dallara built the LC2 chassis from an earlier era, maybe some similarities there too.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 07:30 (Ref:2525926)   #177
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
The 1986 thing was surely the silhouette formula car built by Bernie's Brabham, which seems basically to have been either an attempt to emulate NASCAR, or kill off the world touring car championship before it started.
They built the Procar in 88 I am sure, because Brabham closed down virtually for that year and they worked on it or at least ran it at Monza along with thier 164 celebrity races. Patrese demo'ed it and said it went but didnt stop, or turn!
Old 1 Sep 2009, 06:50 (Ref:2532299)   #178
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.johnstarkeycars.com/pages/for_sale/GKW.html

Has this one come up yet, GKW. porsche engined Grp C2.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2532448)   #179
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has the reason that Koeingsegg never actually announced entry into racing gone into detail? I heard one story say FIA GT 2010, another saying ASAP.

What is going on with these guys?
Old 1 Sep 2009, 14:05 (Ref:2532504)   #180
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
Does anyone know who currently owns it?
I saw it at the Alfa Romeo Museo Storico in 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Hopefully I can crack this nut in the near future...I'm in contact with the car's designer and he seems willing to answer my questions or research what he can't recall. But we're on a 3 month delay as he won't have any time until November to read through my questionnaire or have a look through his files...so...cross your fingers!
I have pictures of the car from the Museo Storico if you are interested. The car was listed as the '1986 Alfa Romeo Gruppo C' powered by a 72 degree V10 engine. There was a V10 engine mounted next to it. The car still looked complete with engine and all sorts of ancillaries. Unfortunately I did not get to look under the engine cover.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 16:33 (Ref:2532576)   #181
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
At the 90 year Citroen event at Le Mans a couple of weeks ago:

Source: www.autosport.nl

What's the orange "lmp" on the left?
Old 1 Sep 2009, 16:43 (Ref:2532585)   #182
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
At the 90 year Citroen event at Le Mans a couple of weeks ago:

Source: www.autosport.nl

What's the orange "lmp" on the left?
A Franco Sbarro design...I was there too, pity I didn't know before about you
Old 1 Sep 2009, 16:49 (Ref:2532590)   #183
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fausto View Post
A Franco Sbarro design...I was there too, pity I didn't know before about you
I was not at the event. Found this photo on www.autosport.nl
Old 1 Sep 2009, 17:12 (Ref:2532602)   #184
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I was not at the event. Found this photo on www.autosport.nl
Ah, ok
Old 1 Sep 2009, 18:01 (Ref:2532630)   #185
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Has the reason that Koeingsegg never actually announced entry into racing gone into detail? I heard one story say FIA GT 2010, another saying ASAP.

What is going on with these guys?
It was never, even remotely, looking likely to feature as a GT1 - It's one thing producing a concept, quite another a car with the reliability to mount a serious race effort - That's where the time, and more to the point the money, comes in.

Unless they are producing 4 cars (and they aren't) then FIA GT 2010 is a non starter for them.
Old 2 May 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2683259)   #186
Eolo3
Rookie

Eolo3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi fausto and all, I'm new in this forum and perhaps I'm so late but, if you are interested in the GKW Group C car just mentioned, you'll find lots of pictures here:
http://www.porsche.evengest.com/

Bye
Eolo3
Old 2 May 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2683276)   #187
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Thanks, Eolo3. Looks very good, shame it never raced in period.
Old 4 May 2010, 02:45 (Ref:2684036)   #188
TrevorC
Rookie

TrevorC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy View Post
this was in autosport this week.
The VW that turned into the bently was at first designed with the W8 in mind
But it goes on to say how packaging was awful and the inlet and exhaust manifolds needed extensive redesigning to fit in comfterbly.
I think it said also CofG was really high using this engine too.
are there photos of the VW somewhere ??
Old 4 May 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2684349)   #189
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eolo3 View Post
hi fausto and all, I'm new in this forum and perhaps I'm so late but, if you are interested in the GKW Group C car just mentioned, you'll find lots of pictures here:
http://www.porsche.evengest.com/

Bye
Eolo3
That's a cool car Eolo3. Welcome to the best sportscar and GT forum on the planet,I hope you'll learn many things here,and we hope we'll learn from you.
Old 7 May 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2686242)   #190
Eolo3
Rookie

Eolo3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Group C GKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
That's a cool car Eolo3. Welcome to the best sportscar and GT forum on the planet,I hope you'll learn many things here,and we hope we'll learn from you.
Thanks to All, I like cars but I'm far from this World. Anyway some friends of mine ar or was racing pilot, as the owner of that fantastic Porsche GKW that got my help for website
Eolo3