Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Feb 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2829365)   #1
Teddington Ted
Racer

Teddington Ted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guards into reverse ?

The HSCC has finally published its detailed calendar. Guards has only six championship rounds and within that only one split grid race (Oulton Park).

Not quite what I expected after the drivers meeting last October. Does anyone else agree ?

Mark
Old 11 Feb 2011, 08:23 (Ref:2829516)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
6 is enough though if they're all longer races?

Is it merely a squeeze on track time as you get longer races?

may also be that as the cars are APp K they often play away!!!
Old 11 Feb 2011, 08:43 (Ref:2829525)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
had a look and have to say that it looks pretty good - managed to get the Silverstone season opener back (sadly I will be away for it) and Auguat Castle Combe so I for one am a happy punter.
I had a look at CSCC calender yesterday for another reason and it is so nearly a great series - just such a shame they have not secured great venues...
Old 11 Feb 2011, 09:12 (Ref:2829531)   #4
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
.....Auguat Castle Combe so I for one am a happy punter....
Simon, when are they at Castle Combe? I couldn't see anything there on the HSCC site for this year, where should I be looking? Thanks.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 09:13 (Ref:2829532)   #5
Teddington Ted
Racer

Quote:
had a look and have to say that it looks pretty good - managed to get the Silverstone season opener back (sadly I will be away for it) and Auguat Castle Combe so I for one am a happy punter.
I had a look at CSCC calender yesterday for another reason and it is so nearly a great series - just such a shame they have not secured great venues...
Simon

No Castle Combe for HSCC this year and the opener is at Donington. I agree with you about the CSCC Special K Series. In fact I'm about to send the forms off and register for it. In spite of having slightly inferior venues they do have Combe (which I love) and no Chevrons.

Mark
Old 11 Feb 2011, 09:31 (Ref:2829537)   #6
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Which CSCC series?

What's not great about venues such as Oulton Park (International), Donington, Spa & Nurburgring (the latter for Pre 1981 cars).

There's also the new Snett 300, Brands Hatch (admitedly Indy), Silverstone (admitedly National), Cadwell, Castle Combe (for Sweinging Sixties & Classic K) & Anglesey (probably the best circuit in the country after Donington (IMHO & much underated because most people in the SE don't know where it is!! )

I wasn't aware that HSCC had invented some other great venues that were better than that lot!
Old 11 Feb 2011, 09:32 (Ref:2829538)   #7
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddington Ted View Post
Simon

No Castle Combe for HSCC this year and the opener is at Donington. I agree with you about the CSCC Special K Series. In fact I'm about to send the forms off and register for it. In spite of having slightly inferior venues they do have Combe (which I love) and no Chevrons.

Mark
apologies - you are quite correct the Guards section still has 2010!! Yes I will only be doing Silverstone in May and Snet 3 hour and Brands Super Prix. I was lookingat the CSCC series for future classics and sadly for various reasons the dates clash with Goodwood and Snet 3 hour. Mallory I dont race at as I think its dangerous and Cadwell and Anglesse are too far away!!! I do see this series as a very interesting one
Old 11 Feb 2011, 10:47 (Ref:2829573)   #8
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simon, if you join the CSCC (£35) then I think you can have a "taster race" without paying the car registration fee (£95), so you could get one race with the CSCC at a venue of your choice (not Spa!), if you can find a date that does not clash.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 12:28 (Ref:2829602)   #9
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Guards is good series this year.

People must go to Anglesey once in their lives.It's great.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 13:36 (Ref:2829653)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah I have promised that to myself John before I hang up helmet, if there is something historish I can enter that doesn't clash I may well do.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 20:50 (Ref:2829830)   #11
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also thought that Anglesey was too far to travel but believe me once you have been it is a circuit that you will love. OK so the facilities are a lttle basic but the club house has a good atmosphere, the Guinness and craic are good (well it is almost an Irish circuit) and as for the scenery and the track itself - wow!

Personally I'd give the CSCC a go in whatever series fits your racecar. I run in the Classic K and the Swinging '60s and it is a good bunch to run with.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 21:06 (Ref:2829836)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I dont have big enough tanks really to do 40 minute races without a top up.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 21:09 (Ref:2829838)   #13
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Al, you can do the 20 min sports v saloon race that CSCC normally have at the end of each day.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 21:18 (Ref:2829841)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
So whats a 'maro a sports or a saloon I believe it can race in either catagoury!
Old 12 Feb 2011, 09:03 (Ref:2829998)   #15
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Can't race in Tin Tops because there's a 2 litre limit in that. Future Classics in whatever engine capacity class is relevant -CSCC makes no class distinctions between saloons, GT or sports cars.

As for the tank issue, I got a second tank made up & fitted which feeds in to the original tank for about £200.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 22:27 (Ref:2843043)   #16
Teddington Ted
Racer

Donington

Just seen the entry list for Guards on the HSCC site - lots of GT cars including MGBs and even some more Plus 4s ! Looks like it's going to be a cracking start to the season.
Old 10 Mar 2011, 08:54 (Ref:2843224)   #17
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddington Ted View Post
Just seen the entry list for Guards on the HSCC site - lots of GT cars including MGBs and even some more Plus 4s ! Looks like it's going to be a cracking start to the season.
HSCC should be congratulated for putting up a provisional entry list on their website more than a week before the event. At least it gives us a feel for the range / type of entries etc that should hopefully be there. Well done to them.
Old 10 Mar 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2843228)   #18
simon drabble
Veteran

Sadly I was not able to do this round but a really strong grid - I have put my entry form in for Silverstone and hope my car is ready by then!
Old 10 Mar 2011, 13:05 (Ref:2843377)   #19
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would've been there as I love Donny, but my new engine isn't ready yet sob sob. I'll certainly be down to spectate and feel jealous.

Not sure how many HSCC I'll be doing this year as I think I am doing more of the ADAC/FHR stuff.