Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Mar 2015, 07:37 (Ref:3512667)   #26
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightswitch View Post
Nice chunks of ally…
N.
Yup, and 'off the shelf' as well! Quite soft so not easiest to mill, but with a bit of care, job done.

For location the original pin through spring was discarded, and a long bolt now goes all way through, at correct angle to keep axle in original position. There is a thick spacer under bolt head that locates the U bolt plate underneath, and another above block that locates in saddle. Not likely to ever move......

Old 8 Mar 2015, 12:06 (Ref:3512954)   #27
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
This sure is interesting . Stuff I have never even thought about. Apart from making sure new prop shafts we have made are the correct length and UJ 'a lined up and prop is balanced. Trouble is have you ever looked at some of the FJ cars and the set ups on them
Good for a laugh though Iain
Old 10 Mar 2015, 10:17 (Ref:3513614)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
THe Cortina FWIW

capri single leaf springs, decambered, I have a washer and bolt machined to snugly fit in the axle saddle hole and bottom plate.

previously I had less decambering and a 1" lowering block, but flat.

hopefully I'll blow that body shop dust off the diff nose on Friday!
Attached Thumbnails
dif.JPG