Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Apr 2010, 17:59 (Ref:2676766)   #1
gino
Racer

Germany
Berlin-Brandenburg
gino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1000km Spa

Hi,
What a nice entry list:

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-4175.html

-7 GT1!
-2 GT2 BMW
-4 908
-3 R15+

Old 20 Apr 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2676794)   #2
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gino View Post
Hi,
What a nice entry list:

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-4175.html

-7 GT1!
-2 GT2 BMW
-4 908
-3 R15+

Where is the Team ORECA O1 AIM entry for Ayari/Meyrick/Andre? Also the Kolles entry has disappeared which is surprising as this is their last chance before Le Mans. The 2-car LMP2 entry from Hache Team has gone and there is a second BMW M3 GT from Team Schnitzer.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2676796)   #3
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
And also, where's the Norma? It was supposed to make its debut here.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2676826)   #4
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More info on Hache Team later it seems. Journalist at Valencia last weekend confirmed they would race at Spa...
Old 20 Apr 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2676830)   #5
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
No Norma, but Pegasus have got their Courage on the list- I think their LM entry for the Norma must be open to question now- either a switch to the Courage or a withdrawal altogether? No sign of WR in P2 either

No Kolles is a definite surprise. Are they going to go into Le Mans with no 2010 race mileage on the car, or can we consider them a potential withdrawal?

A couple of other additions in GT2 apart from the BMW- a second Prospeed Porsche for their Le Mans drivers, and a JWA Porsche- Weren't JWA supposed to be running their Aston this year?
Old 20 Apr 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2676864)   #6
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JWA were initially listed as running Vantages. This Porsche is the 'same old' Porsche 997 GT3 RSR owned by Paul Daniels (not sure if he still owns it though).
Old 20 Apr 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2676887)   #7
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see the oil-burners outnumber the real racing cars in LMP1.

It still spoils sportscar racing for me, seeing that, and it makes no real difference to me whether they're factory teams or not.

I hate diesels!
Old 20 Apr 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2676888)   #8
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
And also, where's the Norma? It was supposed to make its debut here.
I'll still be surprised if that thing ever turns a wheel at La Sarthe!

A Norma is a Norma.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 22:21 (Ref:2676975)   #9
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is Lotterer for Audi? Never heard of him!
Old 20 Apr 2010, 22:56 (Ref:2676995)   #10
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510 View Post
Did some A1 GP, drove the Kolles R10 last year at Le Man and is also in Japanses GT.

www.andrelotterer.com
Old 20 Apr 2010, 23:26 (Ref:2677001)   #11
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post

No Kolles is a definite surprise. Are they going to go into Le Mans with no 2010 race mileage on the car, or can we consider them a potential withdrawal?

I wouldn't read too much into the non-appearance of Kolles. The cars have a waiver to race in 2009 spec, so all their data is current. The drivers, on the other hand, reaaly will be in at the deep end at Le Mans.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 23:49 (Ref:2677006)   #12
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Should be an epic battle between the diesels but shame there is no AMR.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 02:01 (Ref:2677045)   #13
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I'll still be surprised if that thing ever turns a wheel at La Sarthe!

A Norma is a Norma.
While their ACO-rules racing cars have not been very successful - bad choice in partners? - their baby prototype business is very successful indeed and lots of their chassis have been winners in VdeV and the like. It's not like they can't make a car, but they probably should not sell them to tail-end teams if they want to make a name.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 02:03 (Ref:2677046)   #14
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510 View Post
Lotterer's Japanese exploits have already been mentioned but he was a very talented young open-wheel driver as well, his big career mistake probably being that he became a Jaguar F1 development driver after having Red Bull support. Oops.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 03:59 (Ref:2677071)   #15
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I see the oil-burners outnumber the real racing cars in LMP1.

It still spoils sportscar racing for me, seeing that, and it makes no real difference to me whether they're factory teams or not.

I hate diesels!
How you like me now?
Old 21 Apr 2010, 04:15 (Ref:2677076)   #16
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
If Audi beat Peugeot in this race, then I'd think they're mad if they didn't continue the LMS campaign over the full season.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 08:04 (Ref:2677139)   #17
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Why? They will have all the data they want for LM24, and that is all they really care about, TBH...
Old 21 Apr 2010, 10:51 (Ref:2677228)   #18
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I wouldn't read too much into the non-appearance of Kolles. The cars have a waiver to race in 2009 spec, so all their data is current. The drivers, on the other hand, reaaly will be in at the deep end at Le Mans.
That was really more the issue I was thinking of- we know the R10 should be pretty much bombproof in terms of reliability, but would you want to go to Le Mans with drivers who may have absolutely no race mileage in the car under their belts....?
Old 21 Apr 2010, 15:04 (Ref:2677357)   #19
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Well, it's a LONG race...
Old 21 Apr 2010, 15:34 (Ref:2677368)   #20
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly no official AMR car... Also needed them to be at Spa to take pictures of the team truck for my little project
Old 21 Apr 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2677377)   #21
RichardC27
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cheshire
RichardC27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would anticipate that the Oreca-AIM 01 will make an appearance on the entry list. Audi will be at the Silverstone 1000km as well, since they are taking part in the ACO Intercontinental Cup. I believe AMR and Peugeot have also signed up for this.

Only two and half weeks until Spa now, to say I'm excited about going would be an understatement
Old 21 Apr 2010, 16:08 (Ref:2677381)   #22
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope so, the Oreca-AIM is a good proven car.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 17:01 (Ref:2677405)   #23
RichardC27
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cheshire
RichardC27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a quick car, but you have to say nobody is going to be able to live with the Peugeots. The Pug driver line up is far better than Audi's IMHO
Old 21 Apr 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2677425)   #24
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
will be really disappointed if the ORECA doesn't make it, was sort of hoping that their own car would be aa priority in taking the fight to the diesels, not copping out and just running the seventh best diesel. It was disgraceful what they did at Ricard to allow the Peugeot to benefit at the expense of the car with their own name on it.

Won't hold out too much hope though, surely the car must have been actively withdrawn by the team as otherwise it would feature due to its being on the full season list?

Pity there's not a single works Aston too but Kolles are no great loss to me, they've only been half committed to the project from the start - the only great travesty is that they still got the two Le Mans entries.

Will be slightly interesting to watch the FIA spec Ford GTs. Am I the only one hoping Spa will make them they realise the car won't be suited to Le Mans and pull out to allow some of the proper GT(2) cars in instead? How did the Matech and VDS cars do at Spa 24 last year?
Old 21 Apr 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2677450)   #25
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Will be slightly interesting to watch the FIA spec Ford GTs. Am I the only one hoping Spa will make them they realise the car won't be suited to Le Mans and pull out to allow some of the proper GT(2) cars in instead? How did the Matech and VDS cars do at Spa 24 last year?
Matech ran the GT3 Ford; VDS ran the "new" GT1 class Ford, they finished, but weren't classified, while the Nissan GT1 was 10th.