Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20 Jul 2019, 10:21 (Ref:3918593)   #11
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I agree with both there and would add who could someone sign Ocon at this point? Renault backed out to put Ricciardo in the seat and Wolff and Abiteboul have had a word joust about being gentleman and backing out of the deal. But just today I've seen reports of him in Haas before the end of the season and in the Renault or Mercedes for 2020 so apparently everyone wants him.

Promoting Kvyat would mean you have to release Gasly, you can't demote him and expect a result with the history Red Bull has had. And it's not like Dany is tearing up the racing scene and at the front of the mid-pack. Gasly has had his moments and 55 points compared to 12 points to Kvyat, neither have any podium appearances but that's a wide margin of points.

Russell I think has the challenge of being MB affiliated and being behind Ocon who they can't manage to find a seat in the field. He's stuck until Lewis, or Bottas even, decides he's done racing I think. They have the old Red Bull problem and one Marko wishes he still had, too many drivers and not enough seats.
I think Merc will drop Bottas and put Ocon in the seat, if they don't and let Ocon go he could end up at RBR Honda, and he is a star of the future, Bottas is a journeyman and of no future benefit to Mercedes. Hamilton should be able to beat Ocon at this point in their careers, and Ocon will get the make or break chance he needs.