Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jun 2015, 16:03 (Ref:3550784)   #1001
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
To bribe more judges :P
Old 15 Jun 2015, 16:07 (Ref:3550785)   #1002
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
To bribe more judges :P
I personally think it's sheer greed and if that isn't the reason, whatever it is, is destroying the sport.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 16:53 (Ref:3550819)   #1003
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
im glad he is giving Imola a chance to get back on the calendar but is he doing it to leverage more money out of Monza?

now that Sergio Marchionne has publicly stated that he (FIAT presumably) will help to keep Monza alive im sure the price went up.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 13:36 (Ref:3551159)   #1004
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
im glad he is giving Imola a chance to get back on the calendar but is he doing it to leverage more money out of Monza?

now that Sergio Marchionne has publicly stated that he (FIAT presumably) will help to keep Monza alive im sure the price went up.
Bernie's constantly pitting one group against another in order to leverage more money. It's decisive and not good for the sport and it's no surprise people are beginning to get turned off by F1.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 14:34 (Ref:3551176)   #1005
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

The problem is that the promotors tend to just sit back when an interested party steps up to provide financial assistance. As Mercedes found out earlier this year with the German GP; it still didn't take place.

I must admit that this wheeling and dealing by BCE is now just getting grubby, and, in my humble opinion, does no service to F1. For all his faults, I really don't think that Mosley would have allowed BCE to carry on the way that he is. It is long past the time that the FIA gave Todt a kick up the backside and told him to sort out the mess that F1 is now in.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 14:51 (Ref:3551181)   #1006
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm just amazed that Imola is considered to be Grade 1 these days, I would have thought it would be Grade 2 +1T at best.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 15:36 (Ref:3551207)   #1007
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Im just amazed at how silent Jean Todt is. I had hoped for so much there.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 18:26 (Ref:3551275)   #1008
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, Todt is FIA president? Has he actually done anything?
Old 16 Jun 2015, 18:36 (Ref:3551282)   #1009
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Sorry, Todt is FIA president? Has he actually done anything?
He managed to make peace with the ACO and now we have the WEC and very successful it is too, so maybe he feels he deserves a well earned rest, bless him.
Old 17 Jun 2015, 17:24 (Ref:3551607)   #1010
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Bernie's thinking of alternating Imola and Monza.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119536
Old 17 Jun 2015, 17:39 (Ref:3551612)   #1011
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting idea. Could actually work, seeing as he doesn't appear to really want it to leave the calendar, and if Monza don't quite have the cash, then perhaps it could work out. Interesting that he mentioned Mugello was considered...
Old 17 Jun 2015, 17:54 (Ref:3551617)   #1012
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Interesting idea. Could actually work, seeing as he doesn't appear to really want it to leave the calendar, and if Monza don't quite have the cash, then perhaps it could work out. Interesting that he mentioned Mugello was considered...
I watched highlights of the MotoGP Italian GP the other day and Mugello looks rather narrow for F1 cars, perfect for bikes though.
Old 17 Jun 2015, 19:33 (Ref:3551642)   #1013
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The problem is that the promotors tend to just sit back when an interested party steps up to provide financial assistance. As Mercedes found out earlier this year with the German GP; it still didn't take place.

I must admit that this wheeling and dealing by BCE is now just getting grubby, and, in my humble opinion, does no service to F1. For all his faults, I really don't think that Mosley would have allowed BCE to carry on the way that he is. It is long past the time that the FIA gave Todt a kick up the backside and told him to sort out the mess that F1 is now in.
I think he is too busy with road safety issues ..

Last edited by JeremySmith; 18 Jun 2015 at 19:09.
Old 1 Jul 2015, 08:52 (Ref:3555142)   #1014
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems like we are getting closer to having a GP in Qatar or is this another one of Bernie's negotiation tactics but Bernie will surely be happy with his hosting fee.
Old 2 Jul 2015, 00:40 (Ref:3555301)   #1015
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Im just amazed at how silent Jean Todt is. I had hoped for so much there.
He has risen from the dead, sort off....
Old 2 Jul 2015, 00:43 (Ref:3555302)   #1016
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
He has risen from the dead, sort off....
Jay and Silent Bob, Bernie and Silent Todt, sort off....
Old 2 Jul 2015, 07:52 (Ref:3555341)   #1017
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I'm just amazed that Imola is considered to be Grade 1 these days, I would have thought it would be Grade 2 +1T at best.
Imola would undoubtedly get brutalized if F1 were to turn up there again.
Old 2 Jul 2015, 18:39 (Ref:3555434)   #1018
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
The Grand Prix weekend format could be changed, according to this. Though there's very little detail at the moment, there's a hint there could be a sprint race in the offing.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119793
Old 2 Jul 2015, 22:46 (Ref:3555501)   #1019
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The Grand Prix weekend format could be changed, according to this. Though there's very little detail at the moment, there's a hint there could be a sprint race in the offing.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119793
Dollars to donuts, they'll "fix" the things that don't need fixing and ignore the things that could do with a tweak.

You can set your watch by these types.
Old 3 Jul 2015, 13:16 (Ref:3555606)   #1020
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the notion of a saturday sprint race is interesting.

as a live spectator a Sat mini race is great value added. as a tv spectator im not sure i have any interest in seeing more of the current cars/rules.

having separate 'sprint' and 'race' setups would be great but then i might just give up sundays in favour of the sprint.
Old 3 Jul 2015, 13:52 (Ref:3555612)   #1021
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
lol sprint race. Let's not solve the real problems and just try and make wee patches to make it fun again.
Old 3 Jul 2015, 14:58 (Ref:3555620)   #1022
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, a sprint-race with reverse championship order grids...that'd be nice and messy.

Can see the third-car races being a nice interim step before introducing three-car entries into the main event...
Old 3 Jul 2015, 16:11 (Ref:3555632)   #1023
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
the notion of a saturday sprint race is interesting.

as a live spectator a Sat mini race is great value added. as a tv spectator im not sure i have any interest in seeing more of the current cars/rules.

having separate 'sprint' and 'race' setups would be great but then i might just give up sundays in favour of the sprint.
At least they are talking aren't they this time...A sprint race on Saturday sounds like fun...

I think it was in Autosport I read that Jean Todt says the team members just sit in these strategy meetings and say nothing and then complain to the press after the fact..
Old 3 Jul 2015, 19:05 (Ref:3555670)   #1024
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If they are going for a sprint or Saturday race, then it's got to have driver rules.
Development drivers or young driver program. Perhaps even including a number of drives in these races to contribute towards a full Super Licence.

Have them run for a junior Drivers Championship, with Half constructors points counting towards the overall F1 constructors Championship.
Old 3 Jul 2015, 19:25 (Ref:3555673)   #1025
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The basic concept of qualifying as it is, is good. Pointless changing it bar winning some short term publicity.

Basically, they are looking for cheap ways to 'jazz' up the sport without investment. I'm not sure it's that easy.

It detracts from the GP too in that it loses more of its prestige as a stand alone 'major' as implied by the term Grand Prix. If there's two races per weekend every non-winter weekend, it becomes less unique - if only in my eyes. And Eccelstone has been pushing to have the season crammed with as many races as he can.

And while I'd take all that if they went ahead with it. Reverse grids is just a bit too much of 'the circus' to inject into this sport for me to bear.