Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Aug 2018, 16:39 (Ref:3844718)   #176
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
No idea who’s in the #50, but they’re a danger to themselves out there. Taking the most bizarre line through Abbey, incredibly slowly. Getting in the way of other cars and not moving predictably for those lapping.
That would be Erwin Creed at the wheel of the Larbre Ligier.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 16:41 (Ref:3844719)   #177
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like that off by Kobayashi will decide the race.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 16:43 (Ref:3844722)   #178
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
67 Ford 1.5 seconds behind the third place Porsche
Old 19 Aug 2018, 16:47 (Ref:3844723)   #179
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tires on that Porsche are toast.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 16:48 (Ref:3844724)   #180
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tinknell tries a little NASCAR, but the Porsche has the acceleration out of the corner.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 16:49 (Ref:3844725)   #181
Articus
Veteran

Christensen repaying the favor
Old 19 Aug 2018, 16:50 (Ref:3844726)   #182
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like I said before, track limits in GTE is a joke. Why bother? Just run across chicanes, as it apparently doesn't matter.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 16:50 (Ref:3844727)   #183
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow ..... the first contact was the Porsche's fault, the second one was Tinknell's the third off was really lucky in that the P2 broke up the fight.

I'd say, No penalty.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3844728)   #184
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Bit naughty from Christensen with all four wheels off, but Tincknell played his part. #67 gets past.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 16:53 (Ref:3844729)   #185
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the black white flag is fully deserved the contact in Stowe was a swipe to the left with full intent
Old 19 Aug 2018, 17:05 (Ref:3844731)   #186
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There you go, congrats to the winners. That was a decent race after all.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 17:09 (Ref:3844734)   #187
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
I agree, I didn't get to see all of it but I saw some good racing. Still a shame the LMP1 privateers can't quite get it together yet although we did finally see a battle amongst them.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 18:51 (Ref:3844772)   #188
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Even with all the eot adjustments, the privateers still can't get on Toyota's rear. Maybe they need 4wd too? I don't know how that would fly over but in the new regs it seems that's going to be mandatory with everyone having to run a hybrid, which I think is stupid even if it is affordable. I missed most of the race but there was still some battles to enjoy. GTE looked good but I think that start really screwed up some cars. Looking forward to Fuji. Should be good with that long straight to see cars stretch their legs.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 18:57 (Ref:3844775)   #189
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
4wd won't really make a difference - it's the instant torque of the hybrid that allowed Toyota to really pull away. In the final complex of corners, for example, and between T2/T3, the Toyota was able to have a tiny little hybrid boost to pass LMP2s and GTEs, whilst the Rebellions really struggled with it (didn't see an onboard of SMP, so don't know if they did).

You could lose 2-3 seconds every lap just in those sections from not being able to pass the slower cars. The privateers qualified as quick as the 2017 919, so it's not that the cars are slow - they just don't have the tools to deal with traffic and pit stops like Toyota do.

Pit stops were a similar story. Rebellion and SMP are now getting the tyres and driver change done before fuel is complete, but still have the delay of a starter motor. Meanwhile, Toyota have worked out that the spinning the wheels on the jacks rule doesn't apply to hybrid motors, so were able to get instant exits from the pit box.

The hybrid is just too much of an advantage in real racing conditions. You'd have to balance it so the Toyota is slower over a single lap, and the traffic and pit stops balance it out. But let's be honest, that's just silly.

Good race. Really interesting stuff. Looking forward to Fuji, and Ginetta. After all this talk, that Ginetta better be close to the SMP and Rebellions.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3844787)   #190
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I don't think it's impossible. I think the cars are too new and the teams don't have their A-game, not that we have seen. That might come with time and I think the hybrid can be matched with a different type of engine but the rules right now push them more towards fuel efficiency so the big torquey engines are left aside. Probably because of fuel usage and because of weight. But I think the turbo's help in places with higher altitude and can be more consistent on that front. It's down to the rules right now imo.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:19 (Ref:3844792)   #191
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
FCY Due to a stranded BMW whale on track
That was my crew out to that one. Two punctures and three collapsed pieces of suspension, filling the cabin with tyre smoke. Driver could neither see, breathe or drive!

Additionally: we had to deploy the super-size flatbed for it
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:22 (Ref:3844793)   #192
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
As Archimedes once said, give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the BMW M8 GTE.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 20:05 (Ref:3844820)   #193
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed today, was pleasantly surprised with the size of the crowd and there was a good atmosphere on the front straight at the start. The Toyota cup at the front wasn't particularly interesting as it always feels like the powers above have a say in the outcome at the end of the day however there was some good racing throughout, it always great seeing the cars anyhow

And please Rebellion, Smp & Dragonspeed, stop tripping over each other at t1...Toyota already have it easy enough as it is
Old 19 Aug 2018, 20:44 (Ref:3844828)   #194
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Even with all the eot adjustments, the privateers still can't get on Toyota's rear. Maybe they need 4wd too? I don't know how that would fly over but in the new regs it seems that's going to be mandatory with everyone having to run a hybrid, which I think is stupid even if it is affordable. I missed most of the race but there was still some battles to enjoy. GTE looked good but I think that start really screwed up some cars. Looking forward to Fuji. Should be good with that long straight to see cars stretch their legs.
IF they want the privateers to race the Toyotas, then they need to put a much lower power cap on the hybrid. I don't see any other way.

Silverstone in the past has been a track where hybrids have struggled a bit. This time they were running away at a rate of 3 seconds per lap. After an hour everybody had been lapped. No privateer can afford the kind of development push to close a gap like that. The ball is in ACO's court. The question is, do they have the balls to put Toyota under pressure?
Old 19 Aug 2018, 20:52 (Ref:3844832)   #195
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
That was my crew out to that one. Two punctures and three collapsed pieces of suspension, filling the cabin with tyre smoke. Driver could neither see, breathe or drive!

Looks like a nice bit of kit, Greem

Old 19 Aug 2018, 21:45 (Ref:3844837)   #196
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Looks like a nice bit of kit, Greem

You win the Internet this time
Old 19 Aug 2018, 21:45 (Ref:3844838)   #197
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Both Toyotas disqualified!!

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...h-silverstone/
Old 19 Aug 2018, 21:49 (Ref:3844839)   #198
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The news follows the exclusion of the #91 Porsche, 2nd in GTE-Pro.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...h-silverstone/
Old 19 Aug 2018, 22:08 (Ref:3844841)   #199
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
It's going to receive more coverage because both Toyotas are involved, but when you add the #91 as I don't remember a WEC race with three post-race infringements that were all serious enough to annul the respective results.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 22:11 (Ref:3844842)   #200
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
What is it about Silverstone and skid block infringements. ESM in '15, the winning Audi in '16 and both Toyotas this year. I'm sure that Toyota will pursue an appeal, but I think the Audi Sport DQ in '16 for sure set the precedent.