Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Oct 2016, 15:09 (Ref:3683858)   #1226
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
http://carburando.com/notas/gp-de-su...entina-en-2018

Argentina president Mauricio Macri is dealing with Bernie Ecclestone to revamp the Buenos Aires circuit and host an F1 Grand Prix.
South America could certainly do with another race, I just wonder where this is going to fit in the calendar?
Old 30 Oct 2016, 11:42 (Ref:3683997)   #1227
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can see it being a few seasons before we have Argentina back though
Old 30 Oct 2016, 22:43 (Ref:3684122)   #1228
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The article says that Buenos Aires and Interlagos would alternate.
Old 30 Oct 2016, 23:29 (Ref:3684141)   #1229
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But the Galvez autodrome at Buenos Aires needs to be completely revamped!
In the 1990s, first they did a F3000 non-champ race in 1992,
was on F1 schedule in 1994 (Jerez took their place)
and finally was during 1995-98, with an option for three more years that Bernie discarded in favour of Sepang circuit.

Alas, is not possible to remove the lake that is around well-known Circuit 15 used during 1974-81 GPs. It's linked with the stability of the Riachuelo-Matanza river.
Old 31 Oct 2016, 07:41 (Ref:3684204)   #1230
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
and finally was during 1995-98, with an option for three more years that Bernie discarded in favour of Sepang circuit.

Alas, is not possible to remove the lake that is around well-known Circuit 15 used during 1974-81 GPs. It's linked with the stability of the Riachuelo-Matanza river.
Interesting.I seem to remember what was proposed in 1994 and replaced by Jerez was a road circuit possibly the park used before the autodrome was built c1951 for the Eva Peron Cup?
Old 31 Oct 2016, 09:17 (Ref:3684220)   #1231
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post

F1 on Circuit 15 would be great but I'm guessing it would be properly neutered.
Old 7 Nov 2016, 18:51 (Ref:3686281)   #1232
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I got my news letter from Silverstone and they are putting their prices up quite substantially.

http://clicks.e-connectservice.com/e...tL222W6yBk0GXw..
Old 7 Nov 2016, 19:10 (Ref:3686286)   #1233
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I got my news letter from Silverstone and they are putting their prices up quite substantially.

http://clicks.e-connectservice.com/e...tL222W6yBk0GXw..
I had the same email, although I do go to Silverstone, I dont go to the F1 any more.
Old 7 Nov 2016, 23:40 (Ref:3686343)   #1234
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I had the same email, although I do go to Silverstone, I dont go to the F1 any more.
I don't go to F1 anymore either, I go to WEC and those prices won't be luring me back to F1 in a hurry.
Old 7 Nov 2016, 23:50 (Ref:3686346)   #1235
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I don't go to F1 anymore either, I go to WEC and those prices won't be luring me back to F1 in a hurry.
Me neither!

When you start having to offer financing options for tickets, you'd think you would realize that you are squeezing your punters too hard!

Wouldn't you Bernie??!!
Old 8 Nov 2016, 09:36 (Ref:3686464)   #1236
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well, even the WEC prices are a touch high (in my view).

Funny how all their prices shot up for most events by £5-10 after they built that new Wing complex...

I haven't been to the F1 since 2004. I attended a couple of the free tests until they started to charge for those too in around 2009 or whenever it was.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 10:06 (Ref:3686471)   #1237
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is too high though? Is it when people complain about the costs? Or is it when they refuse to pay...?
Old 8 Nov 2016, 10:25 (Ref:3686472)   #1238
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
What is too high though? Is it when people complain about the costs? Or is it when they refuse to pay...?
I guess the later-crowds of 100,000 have been reported since I first went in 1960 when admission was six shillings(30p)Have not been since last held at Brands Hatch 1986
Old 8 Nov 2016, 14:30 (Ref:3686512)   #1239
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I've never been to an F1 race, it costs an arm and a leg, especially with hotel prices. To all those who have been to a race, you really made the dedication to going worth it
Old 8 Nov 2016, 14:33 (Ref:3686516)   #1240
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i've been loads of times. the best one had to be when we did the german gp for pretty much £200 per person door to door with what ended up as weekend first corner grandstand tickets. even if we nearly did die of exposure

going to f1 doesn't have to be as expensive as you think but you've got to be a bit creative about it.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 15:34 (Ref:3686534)   #1241
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
the cost vs value derived from watching live would be my motivation.

that said Montreal has some very affordable price packages including a CAN$120 for Sunday only access to a grandstand with first come first serve seating.

as Bella said, get creative about it (in my case an airbnb booked much earlier in the year) and it can become a very affordable and justifiable expense.

helps that the city throws one amazing party so its worth being there even if you dont actually go to the race....really hope it stays on the calendar!
Old 12 Nov 2016, 09:47 (Ref:3687386)   #1242
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bernie would not put his money on the Brazilian and/or the German GPs' happening next year.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ec...r-2017-849042/

In the German case it seems to be Hockenheim not being able to pay Bernie what he wants. Brazil is having a hangover from the Olympics and the soccer world cup and are trying to save money so I suspect there are not the same subsidies from Government circles as there might other wise be.
Old 12 Nov 2016, 19:37 (Ref:3687492)   #1243
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
I guess now that Mexico is on the calendar Bernie is less bothered about losing Brazil, they still have one race in that region, or at least near it.
Old 12 Nov 2016, 20:01 (Ref:3687494)   #1244
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Well, even the WEC prices are a touch high (in my view).
£35 for Sunday is too high?

£145 appears to be the cheapest Sunday entry for the F1 event. 4 times more expensive, for a race that's one quarter the length.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 08:35 (Ref:3687566)   #1245
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
£35 for Sunday is too high?

£145 appears to be the cheapest Sunday entry for the F1 event. 4 times more expensive, for a race that's one quarter the length.
Afraid the price seems to depend on what they can get-back in the 60s even the smalllest clubbie(750MC) got a reasonable crowd-now all you see on TV coverage is empty blue seats and deserted banks other than British GP.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 11:11 (Ref:3687584)   #1246
S griffin
Veteran

Well threatening to drop two great venues proves that he needs to go now, in my view there are other venues on the calendar that are more worthy of being dropped
Old 13 Nov 2016, 12:23 (Ref:3687596)   #1247
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Afraid the price seems to depend on what they can get-back in the 60s even the smalllest clubbie(750MC) got a reasonable crowd-now all you see on TV coverage is empty blue seats and deserted banks other than British GP.
That's because there is more grandstands now than there was in the 60s, and the blue stands out as an empty seat. That is why the new grandstands at Daytona are multi-coloured - when the camera pans passed an empty grandstand, you can't tell if it's empty.

Remember that WEC has been getting crowd figures of around 40-50k people (except Le Mans) at the European events. Whilst it won't topple F1s crown, it is nothing to be sniffed at. £35 for a full 6 hour event seems like a brilliant deal to me.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 13:05 (Ref:3687602)   #1248
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
there was also a decent crowd for the blancpain - not huge, but not small either. i can only assume it was similar to the kind of figures they get in for the touring cars. fwiw hockenheim has the same empty seat issue - unless it's a f1 style full house your eyes are always drawn towards the people that aren't there rather than those that are.

silverstone do a decent job nowadays of maximising the big events without turning them into stupidly big events that need massive crowd control and parking operations.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 13:13 (Ref:3687603)   #1249
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Also worth noting is that at the Nurburgring, the Nurburgring 24 has a far far larger crowd that recent F1 events, and the WEC race was in the low end of the 50k figure, whilst the F1 event was only at the high end of the 50k figure - close enough that it doesn't make much difference.

Silverstone has the advantage of a British World Champion who is always a talking point too. Love him or hate him, Lewis is a personality (more so than, lets say - Coulthard ever was), and a huge draw to the event.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 14:22 (Ref:3687612)   #1250
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Bernie would not put his money on the Brazilian and/or the German GPs' happening next year.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ec...r-2017-849042/

In the German case it seems to be Hockenheim not being able to pay Bernie what he wants. Brazil is having a hangover from the Olympics and the soccer world cup and are trying to save money so I suspect there are not the same subsidies from Government circles as there might other wise be.
It's always about the money with Bernie.

“They spent a lot of money to have the Olympics and the World Cup, and here [Sao Paulo] hurts a little bit, the promoter trying to run this race, and make a profit, or not make a profit, but not lose. So in the end the people who lose are us, because they can’t pay us.”

Maybe if he didn't command such a exorbitant sanctioning fee in the first place, this wouldn't be an issue. So in the end the people who lose out are the Brazilian fans and F1 itself.